Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Monokne wrote: »
    Am I missing something? What does one have to do with the other Gerry?:confused: It's on a different night...

The launch on Fox is a pretty big deal for WWE and they'll be trying to grab some "new eyes" for the product with the move.

AEW have gotten the jump on them in this regard. Granted, it's a different night.

Wasn't it originally thought AEW would be on Tuesdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Could see NXT debuting on Fox Sports 1 to compete with this maybe.
    There's been rumours about that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    The launch on Fox is a pretty big deal for WWE and they'll be trying to grab some "new eyes" for the product with the move.

AEW have gotten the jump on them in this regard. Granted, it's a different night.

Wasn't it originally thought AEW would be on Tuesdays?

They had trademarked Tuesday Night Dynamite but ultimately because they would be pre-empted for the NBA multiple weeks a year they went with Wednesdays.

ThePott wrote: »
    Could see NXT debuting on Fox Sports 1 to compete with this maybe.
    There's been rumours about that already.

Meltzer & Sean Ross Sapp have reported that even had AEW gone on another night, they plan on putting NXT opposite it.

Meltzer & Sean Ross Sapp have reported that even had AEW gone on another night, they plan on putting NXT opposite it.

Yeah makes sense, it's hard to picture this not happening tbh. I wonder what that means for NXT on the network though. Could Evolve take their place and NXT move to two hours on TV. NXT and the PPVs are the main reason I have the network so without NXT I'd probably drop it.

• Advertisement

The speculation is that NXT would also feature main roster talent if it moves to TV.

The speculation is that NXT would also feature main roster talent if it moves to TV.
    Yeah if they wanted it to be a legitimate 3rd brand that would make sense. It would kind of ruin NXT in my opinion but I get it. If they doubled down on Evolve it could basically be what NXT is now.

Strangely enough I think the NXT demographic and fanbase is exactly what AEW would want but if they change NXT too much they might lose that fanbase to AEW, sort of a double edged sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would like NXT to get more recognition, but at the same time I don't want yet another hour or 2 of whoever WWE thinks people want to see more of. Imagine if they did it now and had Shane on NXT as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

If NXT goes onto television then that means Vince will get involved in it, that will be the death knell the version of NXT that has been so good the last 5 years or so. He will ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Autecher wrote: »
    If NXT goes onto television then that means Vince will get involved in it, that will be the death knell the version of NXT that has been so good the last 5 years or so. He will ruin it.

Like he ruined ECW and 205 Live...i have a feeling though Fox wont take no sh!t and they can be more insistent on it remaining the way it was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wait till we see the wildcard rule takeover NXT too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I could see Vince turning NXT into a game show again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

I could see Vince turning NXT into a game show again. :pac:

"That's such good sh*t!"

A bit more info I have found (because I have nothing to do in work). According to Meltzer AEW will be doing 100-120 shows per year, 51 weekly Wednesday TV shows, 4 PPV's per year and a "house" show every Saturday. The top talent will be working around 75 shows per year with them being spread out to avoid wear and tear/injuries.

According to Brandi wrestlers won't be driving themselves to shows, I assume she is referring to payment there, that they won't be paying for their own travel and not the physical travel as obviously people will have to get there somehow and they can hardly fly everybody in twice a week.

The premiere episode of the TV show will be in a 20,000 capacity stadium and this is the poster advertising it

AEW-on-TNT-first-show-Oct.-2.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Found it very funny Brandi saying yesterday there only looking for talent not 5 foot 4 blondes when she is the least talented wrestler in the woman division.

Really wish theyd also stop knocking wwe just let the product speak for itself and stop comparing it to wwe as its tna like

will be really intresting if they keep the 20k arenas going or if its to make the first show mean more than trnsitioon into smaller 5 to 10k arenas

Agree with all that sky88. I imagine the big arena will just for the first show or maybe even the first few but no matter the quality of the product they would never be able to sustain that on a weekly basis once the buzz wears off imo. I think the ratings and attendance will be very good initially but the hard part is sustaining that over the course of 6 months to a year.

Autecher wrote: »
    Agree with all that sky88. I imagine the big arena will just for the first show or maybe even the first few but no matter the quality of the product they would never be able to sustain that on a weekly basis once the buzz wears off imo. I think the ratings and attendance will be very good initially but the hard part is sustaining that over the course of 6 month to a year.

The worst thing they can do is half fill big arenas as it will make the product look poorer for it

i do wonder what TNT is expecting viewership wise i mean for me i think they need to be at least the 4006- 500k to justify the money and promotion i just hope TNT arent hoping for a million viewers straight off the bat as i just cant see it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well they will have to start announcing venues for the the live TV shows pretty soon now.

My guess is they will drop down to 5/6k venues after the first live show for the first 6 months or so to see how ticket sales and ratings are going.

well he seems very uninterested in aew then im sure others will see this as him trying to cool off reports hes signing but i think hes done

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/cm-punk-aew-offer-text-message/#.XTnQHOhKguU

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who's the other woman?

Isn't Marty Scurll meant to join them later?

• Advertisement

As much as I love Punk and would love to see him in the ring again.
    He's a nearly 41 year old guy hasn't properly wrestled in 5 and a half years. If he wanted to return enough he knows the Khans and AEW would give him a blank cheque. He doesn't want to lambast people he's friendly with but I don't think there's a chance he comes back in a wrestling capacity any time soon, I hope I'm wrong but it's hard to see. If he really wanted it, he'd be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Youtuber Chris Van Vliet has been signed on as a member of the broadcast team.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Anyone seen the video on AEW's Twitter with Blink 182? Great stuff! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Omega and the Bucks against Jericho and two mystery partners announced for the first TNT show. Cody vs Sammy Guevara too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Omega and the Bucks against Jericho and two mystery partners announced for the first TNT show.

I imagine that it's going to be LAX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hopefully, you know WWE would water them down way too much and there'd be zero chance of Konnan joining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

First AEW Women's Champion to be crowned on their TNT debut in October.

Those competing for said championship will be named in the next Road To All Out, next Wednesday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    First AEW Women's Champion to be crowned on their TNT debut in October.

Those competing for said championship will be named in the next Road To All Out, next Wednesday.

I really hope they dont go with Brandi winning thanks to Kong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ERG89 wrote: »
    I imagine that it's going to be LAX

Which version of LAX?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Which version of LAX?

The new version that also sometimes wrestle under the name EYFBO, Santana & Ortiz

The two most obvious teams for the mystery spot are LAX and The Revival. The Revival would be a more obvious fit alongside Jericho even if its just a one off but that will depend on just how long WWE added onto Dash Wilders contract when he was injured.

Advertisement