Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sami Callihan is my bet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could the whole "Page not being Omega's opponent at All Out" just be kayfabe?? They could have Page eventually trick/convince Omega to one more shot between now and All Out. Although I do agree if Punk or Bryan are set to debut at All Out then yes they need to save Page winning because everyone will just be talking about either of the other two.

Just because Page isnt facing Omega 1 in 1 at All Out doesn't mean Pages story isnt continuing. They may have the match on a Dynamite to pop the ratings and have Page plus partners vs Kenny and Bucks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Surely page omega is the biggest organic main event match they can do right now.

that match NEEDS to be driving a PPV main event not a tv show that doesn’t need the ratings boost. ratings are solid as are.

I'd be really disappointed if it's Christian Vs Omega at All out. Feels more like a Dynamite main event.

Wonder could they have someone from NJPW lined up for Omega like Jay White.

• Advertisement

My issues is going from Page to another challenger then back to Page. Moving to Kingston, Christian or Punk or Bryan wouldnt be as big

Ive no issue with it main eventing a TV show ala Mox and Omega. Id prefer it to headline a PPV tbh though.

They could do Omega Vs Hangman at Arthur Ashe but like All Out (with Punk) it would probably be overshadowed if Danielson debuts on the same show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If they want Omega to keep the belt, if they feel there's still gas in the tank left on his reign, they can't do the match vs Hangman. A loss at the PPV would kill momentum far more than doubling down on the character's chase story, even if a delay for a bit damages it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports out there today that the WWE are the driving force behind the Domino's are pulling put of AEW and are other advertises aren't happy with blood on the show.

I think they know now that the biggest money matches will be Omega Vs Punk/Danielson for the title so that's why they want to keep the belt on Kenny. As you say a loss for Hangman would hurt him more than not facing Omega at All Out. I'm fine with Hangman not facing Omega atm and they can come back to it but Christian just isn't a great challenger for me if that's the plan even though Kenny will win against whoever he faces.

• Advertisement

Kenny vs Christian is a fine match, but it's absolutely not a main event level match for a PPV. I get the idea is probably to give Kenny a strong-ish win without hurting someone who they have long term plans for, but there'll be absolutely zero tension involved.

Bix seems to be doing his usual digging, cant say Im surprised. WWE like pretending not to care, yet try to ruin their AEW business.

WWE will reap what they sow in time.

Thing is, besides Dominos, no one else commented. Hell Dominos have pulled their ad money yet. So it seems , if anything, just served to give AEW more publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone posted the clip earlier, going into the Domino's ad right after the pizza cutter was used in the match is probably part of the reason. Don't know if it was planned that way or a big coincidence but I can kind of see why they would have issue. Others might think it was great timing.

As for Kenny, I think they need to decide how to get all the titles off him. Like does he lose the non AEW ones first or does he stay undefeated until he loses on AEW? I like the idea posted about losing them all in one night. Maybe just lose the 2 and he hold on to "the only title that matters" as he could refer to it as. Gets rid of the dead weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I see it as simple enough - Kenny enters into his final big feud for the Heavyweight Championship and it's Hangman Page. Along the way the wheels slowly come off for Kenny as Hangman costs him his other titles in the build up to their showdown for the AEW World Heavyweight Championship.

The night comes and a deranged Kenny has pulled out all the stops to stop Hangman's ascent. The Young Bucks, Good Brothers and the rest of his stooges attempt to interfere at different points but with one of them actually succeeding; Kenny hits the One Winged Angel but Hangman kicks out. Kenny is fuming and is remonstrating with the referee only to turn around into an almighty Buckshot Lariat. It's over.

Sorry....got carried away there. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im all for that kind of story and would be perfect for both, Kenny can go full mental after loosing the titles then you have so many new feuds for the world title, Kenny could feud with Bryan or punk before they go for page

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

"Hello Dominos? Yes hello my name is...uuhhhh...Mince VcMahon...I am a, uh, concerned stockholder and I just wanted to know if you saw that sh*t AEW pulled during your commercial on Wednesday? Goddammit pal, you can't allow that".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

They absolutely will not reap what they sow. They pulled all the same crap and worse on WCW (Vince's open letter to Ted Turners stockholders, anyone!?) and what they sowed was hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars in profit.

This is America pal, the predatory capitalist is a protected species.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So what are AEW fans thoughts on Bray Wyatt and possibly joining the roster?

Man I'm in two minds about it. What keeps circling in my head imagine what he'd be with creative freedom and actually getting booked right. I just want to see what it'd be like

He doesn't blow me away with his work in the ring though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have no doubt Wyatt has a great mind for creating characters and story telling.

with the right booking it will be a perfect combination. I think he’d be a great addition. His in ring isn’t great but other talent can elevate him.

The key is not to over power his character like they did with the fiend. They completely backed themselves in a Corner with that especially at hell in the cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think they can hold Page Omega to Full Gear easily, and with All Out potentially having Punks first match, it might even be wise as the hype goes there.

What you do with Omega though for there is the hard part. As other said Omega Christian is fine for Dynamite but not a PPV so you probably need to find someone outside AEW. Maybe you can do Jay White and continue the belt collector storyline (you really need Page to be the first one to take a title back off him imo), could have Impact, AEW and Never Openweight title on the line then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They shouldn't touch him if he wants to do cinematic creepy nonsense. If they wanna do creepy stuff, do it with Abadon. She looks far scarier than Wyatt's Halloween mask shtick.

I roll my eyes at the "great creative mind" narrative around him. His magnum opus gimmick amounted to a creepy clown. Something people have seen a million times in media. Even Doink was creepier than The Fiend. He made kids cry, brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Wyatt would be a good get imo, but AEW is getting a bit bloated anyway. He's not Bryan,Andrade or Black in a go get him tier imo just cos I've never been hugely impressed with him in ring.

Also if he wants to get the family back together, AEW have no need for Strowman or Rowan so it'd best all 3 went to NJPW or Impact and you can still bring them in for one offs.

I hated the Fiend stuff tbh. His Wyatt family character was ok, his promo delivery was good but he spoke absolute nonsense. Even Aleister Black's gothic stuff I'm not a big fan of but at least he's good in the ring

I think AEW will definitely sign him though but it would be a pass from me.

Tbh if Punk and Danielson end up signing I'm really happy with the roster as it is. There's very few people now in WWE that I'd be going out of my way to sign (obviously except for someone huge like Roman/Cena but that will never happen) unless some of the women wrestlers became available that could improve the women's division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The Fiend was one of the worst gimmicks in the history of sports entertainment, which is saying something. Awful in ring too, I'd hope AEW stays clear.

I agree. I ddont get the creative genius. Wyatt was best when he first arrived, when it was unknown if he was just raving mad and it was implied he was supernatural. When he started doing supernatural stuff, thats when I lost interst.

He had a lot of creative freedom in WWE and it sucked. I dont want him anywhere near AEW. They dont need him. Id rather they push the talent they have.

Reports now that Page won’t be on the All Out card at all (and some whispers his kid is due around that time too).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Rampage is a one hour show for TNT.

How long will they give Punk for his promo on the Chicago show.

I hope it's not a pipe bomb 2 promo however I expect it will be something similar in a 20 minute promo mid show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

• Advertisement

alot of current and former WWE wrestlers are praising him on Twitter for his creative mind.

you have to remember whatever creative control he had over his character was over ruled by Vince and the over produced and shoved down our throats.

a good Booker could do wonders with Wyatt given the opportunity.

Advertisement