Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

It's on national TV. You expect amateur hour self mutilation nonsense from garbage promotions. AEW is supposed to be the major leagues. This is classic in the bubble thinking. Is men slicing each others head with pizza cutters or bashing each other with lighting tubes really what got you into wrestling?

My wife likes wrestling, has been to several Wrestlemanias with me, and will watch if I am watching. She pointed out that most wrestling is at least creative but this is just barbaric violence, and left the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Even if Dominos drop out, Im sure another food company will jump to endear themselves to fans and gain some publicity.

A storm in a tea cup. I enjoyed the match for what its worth. Used sparingly, maybe once a year or so, death matches can be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fair enough you, your wife and others didn't like it, other people clearly did enjoy it. Something in wrestling for everyone. It was actually pretty tame for a Gage deathmacth tbh.

I am not suggesting there are not plenty of people who won't like it. I have seen other Gage stuff. He has a fantastic ability to hurt himself and bleed, no doubt.

The point is that putting something on your show that people don't enjoy is different to putting something on your show that actively puts people off and lands you in hot water with your advertising partners. They've pushed the boundaries before but they were asking for it with this. People mutilating themselves for the sake of it is not mainstream. There's a reason ECW was never going to be anything other than niche.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That match wouldn't happened if Jericho didn't want it to, To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Jericho came up with the whole idea of having it to be part of his legacy in wrestling.

Dominos won't pull out of putting ads on simple because AEW is hitting the demo they are aiming at and pulling out of putting ads on during the show would effect there over all business model. The made there statement and that will be the end of it I would imagine.

My issue with the deathmatch is that it in away takes away from the storyline the are currently using for The Blade with the brass knuckles why would anyone care about a wrestler cheating with brass knuckles when wrestlers can survive punishment of death matches.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A lot of the news sites saying that Hangman and Omega won't be happening at All Out.

I've seen Christian mentioned as facing Omega but that's a bit meh.

The 13k presale tickets that went on sale this morning in the States for Rampage in Chicago sold out in minutes.

Page v Omega should be the end game, Ive no doubt that Page is the guy to take the belt from him.

That said it doesnt need to happen at All Out. Pages story can continue while others get shots at Omega.

Christian and Darby Allon have certainly been built as challengers but neither should be champ IMO, well in Darbys case not champ yet.

Id be happy to wait for Page v Omega at the following PPV after All Out or at another time. Maybe the Arthur Ashe Show.

I would love to see Dark Order get a shot against the Bucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What happened to the "greatest, most agonising, most wholesome wrestling story in years hitting the home stretch"?

Just push him properly. It was absurd that one of those useless clowns survived with Omega in that tag match.

Lets see how it plays out first before we can it. The story isnt over IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭kksaints

Putting Page and Omega off would be a mistake imo, Page has already waited so long for a shot at Omega that there's no guarantee that the fans would stay with him if it keeps going on and on. Extending redemption arcs for too long can be problematic and in any case Omega doesn't need the belt to feud with Bryan or Punk.

I would worry about it, its a risk alright. Depends on when they are putting it iff until and what they do in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

As hot as it was , maybe it's still too soon for Hangman , I dunno I think the next time it comes back around have him win a programme with some one big on the roster 1st

It's mad saying people hating on Omega on the elite and there entrance there whole gimmick is being annoying dickhead heels and they are playing it perfectly they are pissing off so many people , i'm no fan of the young bucks but there much better in these roles

Does Kenny drop the AAA Mega title to Andrade next month?

Does Kenny then drop the AEW title in September to someone?

When does Kenny then drop the TNA/Impact title?

I would have him drop them all on one PPV one after another when the time is right after Don gets to clever on the mic and say Kenny can defeat all challengers in one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭kksaints

Problem is that if Punk and Bryan come in, then they should be feuding with Omega pretty much straight away and they'd be fairly long term feuds. Bryan and Punk are a different level to a lot of the previous ex-WWE wrestler that have been brought in. Putting them into non-main event feuds at the start could potentially burn the hype on them off quickly enough especially for Punk as he's been out of wrestling so long that you don't know what level he'll be at. Ideally you'd have Page beating Omega for the belt next ppv and then Omega feuding with one of Punk and Bryan afterwords.

Also Omega needs a long term feud for his next title match. He had great matches vs Jungle Boy and vs Pac and OC but the build up weren't great and logically you never felt he was going to lose the belt in those matches. The overconfident heel champion act while entertaining has never lead to the heel actually losing the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I do think Hangman will be ok. Tbh I thought the match was coming too soon with Omega. When it does eventually happen it will be against an Omega who has possibly beaten the likes of Bryan Danielson and even CM Punk. That would be frankly the type of build that would be worthy of Hangman's trajectory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm right. If they're delaying his push (which is stupid) then at least have him dispose of those two clowns clearly and decisively before being pipped by Omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Think they'll push it back to Full Gear. If Punk shows up at All Out that's all anyone will be talking about for how long, and if both men debut at All Out then your Adam Page crowning moment is overshadowed by Punks long return and the prospect of D Byran basically fighting everyone and anyone now the forbidden door has well and truly been kicked open.

I agree. I was amused by you quoting that sanctimonious post 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ya i'd agree that it should be Omega v Page at all out.

Page is super over and this isnt going last for ever and especially if the fans see no big pay off soon. The fans want this and dont do a WWE on it and not give them what they want

Just **** stick with the match please and don't screw this golden ticket

I want to see the big pay off after me spending months and years of watching Page and supporting him come to fruition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Halfway through, great entertainment as usual after a few beers.

Britt as a heel isn't going to work much longer, she's over like rover.

Cult of personality is going to be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Can see Page losing at All Out, I think they'll hold it off. I think they can as well, Page is still gonna be a massive babyface and the one winged angel will sting that crowd...

Mox has challenged the Good Brothers to a tag team match at Resurgence, and promised to bring a friend with him. Hopefully a Death Riders reunion with Shooter Umino.

You're killing me Cactus! Kingston probably then?

• Advertisement

Advertisement