Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hope I can.last til 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,193 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is another great match. I've always loved the tag team division so this is my favourite match so far.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very entertaining match but some of the kickouts are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Could watch Rey Fenix and Nick Jackson wrestle every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

MOXLEY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was a great ending, can’t wait to see what Moxley will do now with the shackles off somewhat.

A really good show overall, including one of the best tag team matches I’ve seen in years.

I wasn't impressed at the start. The women at the beginning weren't great and the skits were terrible (wtf are the librarians about?)

But the turning point for me that turned it from great to amazing was everything after the cringy HHH dig.

Amazing first show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Hope i can find a repeat of this online to watch later today,looks like it was a success

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Overall good show happy I bought it in the end.

End was great

Plenty to improve on production wise and the pre show was terrible.

Really hope that Cody shot at trips was just the worst like your putting on a good show don’t try to take shots just so tna

Interesting how they keep the interest up with only 3 shows till they get to the tv show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I really disliked the HHH stuff. It made the moment be about Hunter and WWE which it shouldn’t have been.

And there were issues with some of the production; missing shots, constantly cutting to the wrong entrance tunnel.

But there was so, so much good. I really loved the collection of characters. Luchasaurus looked massively interesting, and MjF was the best heel on the show imo. They had a few recognizable stars but didn’t rely heavily on them, instead pushing new ones.

The matches were progressively awesome. And Moxley is the perfect guy to push to the top of the card (since WWE put him over so much and he is a star, not a “reject”).

Overall, I enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I really disliked the HHH stuff. It made the moment be about Hunter and WWE which it shouldn’t have been.

And there were issues with some of the production; missing shots, constantly cutting to the wrong entrance tunnel.

But there was so, so much good. I really loved the collection of characters. Luchasaurus looked massively interesting, and MjF was the best heel on the show imo. They had a few recognizable stars but didn’t rely heavily on them, instead pushing new ones.

The matches were progressively awesome. And Moxley is the perfect guy to push to the top of the card (since WWE put him over so much and he is a star, not a “reject”).

Overall, I enjoyed it.

Actually that’s more annoying that instead of just being about being a good show we’re talking about a stupid cringe entrance which is stupid especially with Cody being the one who said they weren’t doing it yet spent the weekend doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I would call that a blow away success for a first show. Yes it had production problems, the stupid shots at HHH and other minor things but for the most part the show over delivered. The Joshi tag match, Cody vs Dustin, Bucks vs Lucha Bros and Omega vs Jericho will have left a lasting impression on anyone who was on the fence about how AEW will differ from WWE.

Mox debut was pitch perfect too. He didn't just go after the heel or the face, he went after everyone. The ending of the show really did present Moxley as a massive, game changing star.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Is it being repeated anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoyed the PPV and very good solid 8 out of 10.

The most important thing is the in ring matches were great.

I'm also ok not knowing a lot about some of the roster as I will tune in to the weekly show to learn about them and who they are.

Great to hear Justin Roberts again as he is top class, Excalibur is a great colour man, Alicia will be a decent backstage interviewer.

JR calling Kenny - Jimmy at the start of the PPV was a major booboo.

However his lack of knowledge to a lot of the movesets and younger talent was ok as he threw it Marvez & Excalibur to explain if he can do less is more then JR will be a benefit to the commentary team.

I was also OK with with Cody smashing the Throne if that is the last mention/hint to the WWE on screen.

The closure of the PPV did a great job setting up the company going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Who was that wearing Jericho's jacket with the blue lights because it wasn't him?

Great event overall.

Major screwup in the women's match, how do you make a mistake like that. Yuka Sakazaki is really good.

Throne idea was dumb.

ShaneU wrote:
    Who was that wearing Jericho's jacket with the blue lights because it wasn't him?

None of the other Jericho's were jericho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well I have to say I loved that , only minor negatives really (throne thing, and a few commentary niggles, too many kickouts in the bucks match)

Love MJF he's like the Miz but fresher

Really like the Lucha Bros but I love Penta as a singles guy

Moxley looks like he'll be used right here aswell and him vs Omega will be savage

When is the TV show kicking off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought that was really good for a first show, match of the night for me is between Bucks/Luchas and the Joshi six-way. JR and Marvez are woeful together on commentary though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thought it was a poor show. Felt rinky-dink and small time. Came across like Dixie Carter-era TNA but with worse production values which is surprising given their reported budget.

The camera work was all over the place and the commentary was woeful.

"What's Jon Moxley doing in the Impact Zone AEW?" Ambrose was awful in WWE the last twelve months and has shown himself to be the weakest of the Shield trio. I can't get excited for him at all especially now he has less name recognition going forward. This strikes me as AEW's version of when TNA signed Ken Kennedy. We'll see what happens. Perhaps he'll surprise me.

Some of the concepts were nice. Cody destroying the throne was a fun idea but, again, the production values let it down and it looked so lame in execution. If you can't do something like that justice then don't do it.

Most of the matches fell flat on the night with one or two exceptions.

Also great to see AEW push the young guys like 50-year-old Dustin Rhodes and 48-year-old Chris Jericho. I wonder if the irony was lost on the latter considering how often he's bemoaned the likes of Nash, Savage, Hogan, Hall etc. being pushed in WCW at the expense of guys like himself?

Needs to pick up in a big way from here. More emphasis on presentation, sign some big guys that actually look like wrestlers and turn heads, and hopefully more of an emphasis on pushing new stars rather than retread the TNA path of pushing older and former WWE guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thought it was a poor show. Felt rinky-dink and small time. Came across like Dixie Carter-era TNA but with worse production values which is surprising given their reported budget.

The camera work was all over the place and the commentary was woeful.

"What's Jon Moxley doing in the Impact Zone AEW?" Ambrose was awful in WWE the last twelve months and has shown himself to be the weakest of the Shield trio. I can't get excited for him at all especially now he has less name recognition going forward. This strikes me as AEW's version of when TNA signed Ken Kennedy. We'll see what happens. Perhaps he'll surprise me.

Some of the concepts were nice. Cody destroying the throne was a fun idea but, again, the production values let it down and it looked so lame in execution. If you can't do something like that justice then don't do it.

Most of the matches fell flat on the night with one or two exceptions.

Also great to see AEW push the young guys like 50-year-old Dustin Rhodes and 48-year-old Chris Jericho. I wonder if the irony was lost on the latter considering how often he's bemoaned the likes of Nash, Savage, Hogan, Hall etc. being pushed in WCW at the expense of guys like himself?

Needs to pick up in a big way from here. More emphasis on presentation, sign some big guys that actually look like wrestlers and turn heads, and hopefully more of an emphasis on pushing new stars rather than retread the TNA path of pushing older and former WWE guys.

Vince is that you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thought it was a great show.

I think it started a bit weakly but got better as it went.
    Cody v Dustin was great but a bit too much blood (accidental at least)
    Tag match was awesome but a few too many kick-outs.
    Omega v Jericho was really good but I prefered their first bout.

Also Moxley is awesome, great ending will be very interesting to see how he fares with presumably less restraints.
    The whole Throne thing was fine could have done without it though. I also thought JR was great and he hasn't been as of late so that was good.

I'm down for more AEW, few tweaks and it'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Dustin was blading just as Brandi speared him that’s when he went to deep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

not worth the 14.95 i paid for that

Something i forgot to mention is someone kenny, Cody, bucks whoever needs to talk Jericho out of using the elbow as a finisher it looks horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Dustin was blading just as Brandi speared him that’s when he went to deep.

Yeah he was hiding it with his head under the ring apron during the Hebner/Brandi "You're outta here!" bit.

I think blood can add to a match but that was kinda ridiculous last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I see their taking cues from New Japan Pro Wrestling with the post match comments/interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Liked the show.

MJF is awesome. Luchasaurus was great too, that Janella elimination looked awesome.

Surprised crowd didn't know Uno and Dos.

Dustin blood was far too much for me. Not as bad as the sledgehammer and throne spot though.

Lucha bros match was amazing.

Jericho's elbow was pretty horrendous. Maybe as a setup move or something but as a finish it's a damp squib.

Great to see Moxley run in. Looking forward to seeing him be as good as he can be again.

As far as a first real show goes, it was pretty spot on. Great idea to do it on Saturdays too

sky88 wrote: »
    Something i forgot to mention is someone kenny, Cody, bucks whoever needs to talk Jericho out of using the elbow as a finisher it looks horrendous

I honestly prefer the Codebreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JR was better than he has been in a while, but I hope now he's signed to AEW that he'll do research into who he's commentating on. Like when Pentagon was breaking Matt's arm, JR said he was going for a submission.

Was surprised Kenny lost. Since I expected him to win, I thought Bucks should have lost so it wasn't a clean sweep for the Elite. Looks bad that way.

Couple nice surprises such as Kong being there when I'm sure people were dreading Brandi entering herself. But biggest surprise was Bret's appearance. They're lucky they hadn't just been slagging off a WWE Legend unveiling a belt the day before . :rolleyes:

Not sure how intentional it was when they did it, but Kenny and Moxley were lucky they landed in the middles of the broken table when leaving the ring.

And no offence to Glenn Jacobs, but AEW's dentist is better looking.

So 1 or 2 PPVs before the tv show?

• Advertisement

Think TV doesn't start until October..

Advertisement