Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Did that really just happen?

Kinda cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s not even been 2 hours and AEW have already jumped the shark.

That stunt from Cody was by far the smarkiest thing I’ve seen on a wrestling show.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It’s not even been 2 hours and AEW have already jumped the shark.

That stunt from Cody was by far the smarkiest thing I’ve seen on a wrestling show.

It's **** like that that can come back and bite you if it all goes tits up.

I don't like the spider camera angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That was stupid outta AEW! Way to burn your bridges kid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That cody entrance was everything I didn’t want to see from aew you’ve put on a good show that’s just tna cringe level stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Jaysus... that was tacky as fúck

Voodoo Kin Mafia levels of cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

my stream isnt running well and i missed whatever cody did. what happened?

It got plenty of cheers too, that’s the odd thing. I don’t think I know any wrestling fans who’d be a fan of that sort of shîte, but I definitely don’t want to meet any.

TimesArrow wrote: »
    my stream isnt running well and i missed whatever cody did. what happened?

This sums it up nicely:

https://twitter.com/newageinsiders/status/1132463368491687936?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Yay blading,might have gone a little too deep.

The ring mat is in bits.

He cut way too deep there.

Holy crap that is crazy amount of blood

Jesus lads thats a lot of blood

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

martyos121 wrote: »
    It got plenty of cheers too, that’s the odd thing. I don’t think I know any wrestling fans who’d be a fan of that sort of shîte, but I definitely don’t want to meet any.

Cody made a snide remark about Bayley too yesterday and it got cheers. He mocked the 24/7 title and it got cheers. It's just those type of "WWE sucks!" fans.

Same idiots probably have a WWE Network subscription of course.

Eddie levels of bleeding.

Great match,storytelling was fantastic.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cody made a snide remark about Bayley too yesterday and it got cheers. He mocked the 24/7 title and it got cheers. It's just those type of "WWE sucks!" fans.

Same idiots probably have a WWE Network subscription of course.

They’re ambitious, no doubt about that, but this sort of bitterness and smarky crap is only going to hold them back. Taking shots at a billion dollar corporation and trying to appease the fans who’ve grown tired of that corporation is operating at a really small, petty level and not exactly targeting a huge demographic when you think about it.

I really want them to defy the odds and give the world a proper alternative, but the signs aren’t good at all.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Great match,storytelling was fantastic.

Yes that was your WCW/NWA throwback complete with heavy bleeding, great storytelling, Dusty Rhodes two sons, JR on commentary,Baby Earl as the ref.

All that was missing was Cornette and Heenan as managers.

I enjoyed that a lot.

The wrestling has been pretty great tonight. Still have Bucks vs. Lucha Bros and Kenny vs. Y2J to come and probably another decent surprise if we’re lucky.

It’s been a solid show inside the ring, credit where it’s due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've enjoyed the show so far, but maybe that is just because it's new and different. Hopefully their weekly show goes well and we see some good matches & storylines though.

I stopped watching WWE years ago because I wasn't enjoying it, but I was up a few weeks ago so I decided to turn it on and it was the episode where Vince announced that wild card thing, and apparently that episode has gone down as one of the worst raw shows ever? I certainly picked a good week to give it another shot :D

I agree about the sledgehammer bit being really cringe. That's the only part I haven't liked so far.

wow bret hart..

sorry but wtf is jack whitehall doing here. a true goober

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've enjoyed the show so far, but maybe that is just because it's new and different. Hopefully their weekly show goes well and we see some good matches & storylines though.

I stopped watching WWE years ago because I wasn't enjoying it, but I was up a few weeks ago so I decided to turn it on and it was the episode where Vince announced that wild card thing, and apparently that episode has gone down as one of the worst raw shows ever? I certainly picked a good week to give it another shot :D

I'm similar to you. I was a massive fan but just got really really bored with WWE shortly after they bought WCW. TNA has a good five minutes but it was generally ****e.

There's something different about this. The production isn't bad, I expected the wrestling to be good and it has been, the venue and the crowd size makes it feel like a big deal and recognisable faces and voices make it appealing and familiar to returning fans which is what they want.

Glad I bought this now

He has a punchable face and cuts a decent heel promo. Haven’t seen him wrestle yet but MJF is looking like a solid acquisition for AEW.

Mjf will be a huge star

That truly is a gorgeous championship title.

Stop putting Whitehall over JR! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That is a nice world title. Would've been nice to get a proper up close look at it though.

Also, that hot black girl with the blue hair at ringside is very distracting.

So I’m guessing this was supposed to end at 4 but no chance now with the matches left

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    That is a nice world title. Would've been nice to get a proper up close look at it though.

D7dainOW4AAk14w.jpg:large

Advertisement