Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Judas is a cracking wrestling intro to get everyone in the mood to be fair.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They need to keep this match short enough with Jericho

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

My big hot take on this match is I'm absolutely knackered

That was the right way for MJF to win.

The Revolution trailer deeply depressing me as I realised it will soon be a year of pandemic crowds

• Advertisement

I have to say fair play to Tony Khan for giving Eddie a chance to shine and entertain on a big stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The cameramen/directors need to up their game. The ref handing the blood pill to Kingston was the main focus there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This entire ppv has been incredible

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Omega to take out Mox?

That was an amazing hardcore I quit match.

A top class PPV from start to finish.

• Advertisement

Last year I was really looking forward to Moxley/Omega and they kind of took the legs out of my excitement by going hardcore. This time get Moxley his G1 shorts and let them have a proper match for the world title.

When they decide to turn Eddie babyface he is going to be a huge star.

Am I crazy thinking the main event was a mediocre garbage hardcore match? Like if you gave Jimmy Havoc and Joey Ryan a bunch of thumb tacks on a random indy show it wouldn't be a million miles away? Just not my style of match I guess. Always enjoyable but they feel a bit samey to me.

KENTA has called out Mox.

Man how good would a partnership between AEW, NWA, Impact and NJPW be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

That was the right way for MJF to win.

Ah will you stop with the fan boy bull crap for a minute! That Eddie spot was only done recently in WWE. If AEW done it then WWE 2/3 weeks later you’d **** all over it! No it wasn’t the right way to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like Darby so glad he won. also just not really a fan of Cody. He's too smarmy as a face.
    Arn and Cody get attacked yet no sign of the Nightmare Family they make such a big deal of. In fact they Dustin and QT don't even mention it in the interview afterwards.
    And that Cross-Rhodes off the top, Cody just came off like a rookie with the pin. Too close to the ropes then doesn't drag him away to in him again. Instead debating it for about 5 mins.
    As for the title, where did Brodie Lee go?

In the Deletion match, did they seriously pretty much end the match with a move similar to what caused all the complaints before when Hardy hit his head off the concrete? Even adding blood.

I know someone said about the ties between NJPW, AEW, Impact and NWA. While it may build the audiences for each, I would personally prefer to just stick with watching or 2 of them at most. Besides, AEW needs to learn to use the roster it already has

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Saw someone on Twitter say Cody can’t challenge for the World Title ever but maybe Cody Rhodes can. Would suit the heel turn for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Had to laugh at Ricky Starks and the machine having a tug over the TNT title. Wonder how long it will be until they turn him face.

The PPV was only fine for me (like the Irish saying something is grand it's not high praise). I just felt they didn't quite overcome the inevitable results of each match.

The only one that was a flip of a coin even with the dumb stipulation was Bucks v FTR. Would of hoped FTR won the first match.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So are they getting Miro involved in another "man steals another man's woman" story?

Ah will you stop with the fan boy bull crap for a minute! That Eddie spot was only done recently in WWE. If AEW done it then WWE 2/3 weeks later you’d **** all over it! No it wasn’t the right way to win.

Nothing in wrestling is original.

The ending to that match showed MJF conned his way into the inner circle and made Jericho look the fool.

That is great storytelling and MJF used his smarts something he will use down the line to oust Jericho as leader.

The right way to end the match to progress the storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Missed it live, but the subtle touch..

EmUKSlBXYAAB3vi?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ah yeah seen that when watching was hoping he'd go down to ring. Where Hangman goes from here is one of the most intruiging things to me about the show now.

The improvement in him over the last year has been unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Finally watched the rest show decent overral hell of an improvement over the last ppv

I will say I hope Matt retires this style of match it’s been diminishing returns since the first tna match

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Rapidly losing interest in AEW.. that deletion match was so dumb

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »
    I will say I hope Matt retires this style of match it’s been diminishing returns since the first tna match

Could have stopped there. The Elite Deletion got a few laughs and pops from me but dragged on too long. Felt Shias v Nyla was sloppy.

Other than that, a whopper show and I really enjoyed it. Loved not only the in-ring action but the advancement of storylines was great too with Lance Archer, Team Taz, Will Hobbs, Natural Nightmares, Butcher & Blade, Best Friends and Kip and Miro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Cracking show, the bar has been set pretty high but that maybe the best PPV so far from AEW.

Omega/Page and the Bucks/FTR were both instant classics. Cody/Darby had a big match feel and the right result and the main was good too.

It's not a huge thing but again AEW acknowledging and working with other wrestling companies makes their shows so much better and realistic for me.

We all know the world of pro-wrestling is huge and varied and not the sanitised, fake Universe vacuum other companies like to pretend they exist in. The NWA match, Callis on commentary, bringing up the history with NJPW & Okada etc. It's great to see and doesn't insult the audiences intelligence.

And they’ll actually mention that someone is out with a Covid close contact, for example, because their stars are actual people and not just marketing tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Where to begin....

Great opener, didn't over indulge, kept it simple and held back a lot for the future. While this match wasnt the best match these two could put on, it was perfect for the build. It didnt blow its load, yet it was perfectly entertaining. These two can and will deliver better matches and saving it for the future is the best call. I tuned in primarily for this match and it was great for what it was.

OC and Silver was fine, and I get having to put OC on PPV (he is becoming one of their best stars), but this is the match I would cut and put on the pre show. Too many matches, actually too many long matches on this card and I dont see why this match couldnt be on Wednesday instead.

Darby vs Cody was a fine match, though a hated the little things. Having Cody and Allin beaten down after and no one from the Nightmare Fam come to their aid? then switch to an interview with them directly after. Zero logic.

The match itself was fine and happy Allin got the win, but Id rather Allin beat Brodie Lee..... dont see the logic in putting the title on Cody to switch to Allin. Smells of Cody pulling his stroke.

The womens match was fine, nothing great but nothing spectacular. I have issues with them trying to launch a tag titles. Their singles division needs more attention first after the injuries. Sort that out first before thinking of tag titles.

The deletion match was the worst. It was nothing on Matt's previous works. Private Party looked like goons, the Hurricane cameo didnt work for me though I did pop for Gangrel. But otherwise it was a whole lot of nothing. the fireworks fight looked like an accident waiting to happen. Could have been much more but Hardy has clearly ran his course. The younger guy shuld be getting the win here too.

The Bucks vs FTR was a hard working match but man did it go on 15 mins too long. The pacing was off, it was the opposite of Kenny vs Page. Blew their load too early and became a spot fest. Didnt enjoy it and both teams are capable of better storytelling.

MJF vs Jericho also went too long, Jericho shouldnt be wrestling 16/17 mins matches, esp against a still very green MJF (hes not half as good as other youngsters yet). It was boring despite telling a decent story as neither man can carry it. A match that didnt need to be on PPV and one that could be cut.

Mox v Eddie delivered, though suffered from being at the end of a waaay too long PPV. Cut y2j/MJF and OC vs Silver and cut the time in half for the FTR Bucks match and the PPV would be waaay more enjoyable. Moxley's bets match to date.

Overall it was entertaining but 2 many matches, the Hardy crap and the over indulgent Tag match stops this PPV from being better.

beakerjoe wrote: »

Darby vs Cody was a fine match, though a hated the little things. Having Cody and Allin beaten down after and no one from the Nightmare Fam come to their aid? then switch to an interview with them directly after. Zero logic.

Could've shown or alluded to Team Taz locking the Nightmare Family into their private dressing room. Would show Cody up for being an arsehole for having an entourage with perks and also tie up the loose end of why his crew didn't/couldn't show up. As for Dustin and QT on promo, simple graphic with earlier today displayed would have sufficed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Could've shown or alluded to Team Taz locking the Nightmare Family into their private dressing room. Would show Cody up for being an arsehole for having an entourage with perks and also tie up the loose end of why his crew didn't/couldn't show up. As for Dustin and QT on promo, simple graphic with earlier today displayed would have sufficed.

Little things like the above would have helped. Like you'd imagine all members would be watching the match. Even have Taz mention that the Family are locked in or attacked would suffice.

Besides that I had no problem with the angle. Cage and Sparks are a very good duo, who will both easily turn on each other.

Advertisement