Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think the days of completely being blackballed are mostly gone with some exceptions. I mean Vince took Hogan back after he went head to head with him with tna and Jericho will be the same although I'd say with age we've seen the last of him wrestling in wwe.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,119 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So it being reported that The Bucks and Cody turned down AJ Styles level money to go straight to the main roster and Hangman turned down Main Roster money to got to NXT.

All this along with a 6 month window to leave without penalties if they didn't like their push and a weekly spot on the Network for Being the Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So it being reported that The Bucks and Cody turned down AJ Styles level money to go straight to the main roster and Hangman turned down Main Roster money to got to NXT.

All this along with a 6 month window to leave without penalties if they didn't like their push and a weekly spot on the Network for Being the Elite.

So basically the proverbial kitchen sink was thrown at them; and they all told them where to go, got to respect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't believe a word of it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭oneilla

Wonder if them offers would still be on the table if AEW flops

• Advertisement

Wwe doesn't throw the sink at anyone like that find it hard to believe especially the 6 months thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Sirsok

J. Marston wrote: »
    Someone like Jericho being blackballed by WWE means nothing. He's probably made enough money for multiple lifetimes. He is also probably in the discussion for GOAT in terms of longevity, achievements and match consistency so I think WWE will need him more to headline a HoF down the line instead of Jericho needing them.

Was just thinking this, his career jas spanned many companies and his character development is arguably better then anyone over and space of time.

I really admire Jericho, he has been a top elite wrestler for years, a rockstar, actor and author, i dont know what he is lole personally, but professionally what he has done os really just amazing. Followed his dreams to a tee and that is commendable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sirsok wrote: »
    Was just thinking this, his career jas spanned many companies and his character development is arguably better then anyone over and space of time.

I really admire Jericho, he has been a top elite wrestler for years, a rockstar, actor and author, i dont know what he is lole personally, but professionally what he has done os really just amazing. Followed his dreams to a tee and that is commendable.

Forgot to mention his successful podcast also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Looking forward to this promotion taking off. The WWE have needed serious competition for years. With the Khan money backing AEW then this promotion has serious potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

People keep talking about Jericho's creativity and Bowie like ability to reinvent himself.

What creativity? The List? Please. That gimmick was invented by Fr. Noel Furlong in a cave.

Reinvention? Well, around ten years ago he started wearing suits and speaking slowly. And, erm, that was about it.
    I suppose he has gotten fatter and his hairline is withering faster than his pectoral muscles, so that could be called reinvention. Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I watched that event (ROH/NJ from Chicago?) that someone here posted.

I'm actually disgusted with myself for continually watching WWE and never even checking out these other promotions.

Big difference and I know what I will be watching in future.

Finished with WWE.

sirmanga wrote: »
    People keep talking about Jericho's creativity and Bowie like ability to reinvent himself.

What creativity? The List? Please. That gimmick was invented by Fr. Noel Furlong in a cave.

Reinvention? Well, around ten years ago he started wearing suits and speaking slowly. And, erm, that was about it.
    I suppose he has gotten fatter and his hairline is withering faster than his pectoral muscles, so that could be called reinvention. Maybe.

In Wcw he went changed his character from face to heel, not a big deal thats what people do, but you look at the things he added to his heel character and programs. Malenko fued being a stand out, goldberg, and ralphus. I was only ten ar the time but a big WCW fan , Jericho was the ****.....20 years later he is still going strong, helping subscriptions on NJPW World thru his involvement and now a premiere signing of one of the most exciting prospects in wrestling, you dont get that from being stale, you get rhat from keeping your character fresh.

Its easy to blow of his suit and slow speaking run as just that, its easy to blow off anything in such general terms. When he came back for that run he was boring as ****, same old tired jericho, had that horrible jbl fued, then he changes everything about Chris jericho and he has a fued of the year with Shawn Michaels.

Yeah he has a receding, hairline, his pecs do look weird, more flab then there used to be, he knows this, and has changed his character accordingly.

To be fair Jimmy Jacobs stole the list from Fr. Ted, Jericho just got it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sirsok wrote: »
    In Wcw he went changed his character from face to heel, not a big deal thats what people do, but you look at the things he added to his heel character and programs. Malenko fued being a stand out, goldberg, and ralphus. I was only ten ar the time but a big WCW fan , Jericho was the ****.....20 years later he is still going strong, helping subscriptions on NJPW World thru his involvement and now a premiere signing of one of the most exciting prospects in wrestling, you dont get that from being stale, you get rhat from keeping your character fresh.

Its easy to blow of his suit and slow speaking run as just that, its easy to blow off anything in such general terms. When he came back for that run he was boring as ****, same old tired jericho, had that horrible jbl fued, then he changes everything about Chris jericho and he has a fued of the year with Shawn Michaels.

Yeah he has a receding, hairline, his pecs do look weird, more flab then there used to be, he knows this, and has changed his character accordingly.

To be fair Jimmy Jacobs stole the list from Fr. Ted, Jericho just got it over.

Knock Jericho all you want but fact is he is still relevant in 2018. Thats amazing considering hes been around since the mid 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

I dunno, there's just something cringey about Jericho. He talks himself up so much, about what he's done in the business and for the business, that it stinks of insecurity.

I mean, the only thing he can contribute to AEW is experience backstage. But lots of people are thinking its ground-breaking for him to jump to another company. Why? He's well passed it. He's wrestled like he has lead in his boots for at least eleven years.

I just felt the big reveal of Jericho at the end of the presser, and not Omega, was so deflating that it was wrestling's version of Al Capone's vault.

Jericho is a carny a shill a huckster a real pro wrestling man who is able reinvent himself over and over again to stay relevant and make money and not live off a single gimmick.

A true Hall of Famer and probably the best all around real pro wrestler of the last two decades for me.

He had a pretty good contest with Naito, a great match with Omega last year, he was the main factor in me subscribing to NJPW world, and im sure there are plenty like me who would agree. He piques interest in what he does, and is a name people follow. His name value alone is a massive cobtribution to AEW.

The backstage stuff cant be understated, he seems to have a great flair for creativity, and a huge knowledge of what works in wrestling, being under vinces umbrella for so long is extremely valuable.

The rally wasnt great, i give you that, but he is a massive get, and a name casual fans know along with one that hardcore fans follow.

Your perfecrly entitled to your opinion of course, if you feel thay way thats fine. But many people have made resurgances in their career after being written off. Undertaker during the biker gimmick was called fat amd lazy, then had some of the greatest matches in wrestlemania history 6 years later.

sirmanga wrote: »
    I dunno, there's just something cringey about Jericho. He talks himself up so much, about what he's done in the business and for the business, that it stinks of insecurity.

I mean, the only thing he can contribute to AEW is experience backstage. But lots of people are thinking its ground-breaking for him to jump to another company. Why? He's well passed it. He's wrestled like he has lead in his boots for at least eleven years.

I just felt the big reveal of Jericho at the end of the presser, and not Omega, was so deflating that it was wrestling's version of Al Capone's vault.

He cant put new talent over no?

Jericho attached may not add the value that a Brock or AJ would, but he adds a good established name who can still work well for his age.

I'd say the Jericho reveal at the presser was their back up, seeing as Kenny is contracted to NJPW until the first week of February.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd say the Jericho reveal at the presser was their back up, seeing as Kenny is contracted to NJPW until the first week of February.

Can they not announce his signing ala Aaron Ramsey at Juventus.....:pac:

Can't wait till he starts responding to wrestling fans

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1084399657847971840?s=19

• Advertisement

I see Cody is also saying they won't hire writers as of now the wrestlers themselves are story tellers so they will write story lines.

I see Cody is also saying they won't hire writers as of now the wrestlers themselves are story tellers so they will write story lines.

inmates running the asylum comes to mind

sky88 wrote: »
    inmates running the asylum comes to mind

Im sure they will be grand, you dont need to work in Hollywood to write a decent wrestle storyline.

Them writing story lines will be easy, they already do it on Being The Elite.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im sure they will be grand, you dont need to work in Hollywood to write a decent wrestle storyline.

I know but I still think there needs to be someone who makes the final decision.

I was referring to more when they get a full roster and egos start clashing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

sky88 wrote: »
    I know but I still think there needs to be someone who makes the final decision.

I was referring to more when they get a full roster and egos start clashing

Isn't that what Billy Gunn is gonna be doing? I'm sure by writers they mean for the time being they won't have writers scripting promos and doing stories. Producers like Gunn and however else comes in as a backstage producer will do some of the work until they've got their roster and t.v. stuff up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Tony Khan is head of creative. That's where the buck will stop.

Omega is now a free agent.

So if he signs for AEW how do they announce it to give themselves the biggest publicity?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So if he signs for AEW how do they announce it to give themselves the biggest publicity?

Another rally in a car park with spooter fireworks and dodgy sound production?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Invade Raw tomorrow.

Advertisement