Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Their roster so far (copied from Reddit, not sure if it's official)...

Males:

Pharaoh

Pretty sure that is Cody's dog

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ERG89 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that is Cody's dog

I assumed he was some luchador.

I only know Brandi from the female roster and maybe half of the males.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Necro wrote: »
    That's fcuking amazing :pac:

Holy **** that was an entertaining read.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That thread was a great read that needs to be pinned to the first page.

WWE writers could learn a thing or two reading it.

I'm surprised Vince wasn't all over signing Penelope Ford

ford-960x540-c-default.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw a bit of the press thing last night

Found it way too smug both AEW guys and fans but it think this is serious competition that wwe may need

We could be on the verge of living through another Wrestling war

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw a bit of the press thing last night

Found it way too smug both AEW guys and fans but it think this is serious competition that wwe may need

We could be on the verge of living through another Wrestling war

Going to 18/24 months before we can say if this is going to happen or not... we have been burned too many times

Confirmation it's a 4 year deal & he has an agreement to allow him work New Japan dates if the opportunity arises i.e. if both companies have a working arrangement. I genuinely feel that ain't likely if they feel they can get away without Omega as Cody/Bucks aren't particularly important & with ROH you feel New Japan has more control over them so it makes more sense as a partner. Hardly startlingly surprising is Ibushi seems likely to work for AEW too. He's a total freelancer so I highly doubt he'd be fulltime/exclusive.
    An interesting sidenote is if AEW makes a working arangement with a different Japanese company as All Japan, NOAH & Wrestle 1 seem to want to work together now as they see the money/crowds New Japan drew in the last few years. I'd rather that than see them work with NXT Japan which I read somewhere is being discussed this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Cody & The Bucks are very important to New Japan if they are serious about their US expansion.

How long before Johnny Elite shows up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What is AEW's stance on steroid abuse?

Pac, Neville pictures online at the moment are grotesque. So disturbing. It doesnt help that he's also an extremely ugly looking man.

What an absolute tool. You'd want to be thick to use steroids in this day and age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

What is AEW's stance on steroid abuse?

Pac, Neville pictures online at the moment are grotesque. So disturbing. It doesnt help that he's also an extremely ugly looking man.

What an absolute tool. You'd want to be thick to use steroids in this day and age.
    Jesus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That thread was a great read that needs to be pinned to the first page.

Its in the 6th post of the "PW forum hot thread links" sticky...that, now that I look at it, REALLY needs a clean up, cause a good few of the links don't work...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

https://twitter.com/BASTARDPAC/status/1062055655379415043

Steroid-free, my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Steroid-free, my arse.

Not a prayer he’s not on gear!!!

I don't personally take any issue with a wrestler using steroids. I would rather we didn't have the death rates of bygone era's but it's not sports so I view PED usage the same as I would view it for the like of Hugh Jackman, Sly Stallone or Dwayne Johnson for their films.

On Pac - he passed whatever tests WWE put him through for years so clearly he at least has great genetics, but I suspect he's playing loose and fast with the truth claiming to be steroid free. He may not be on deca or stanazolol or turinabol, an actual ***steroid***, but he's got to be using a cutting drug or something. I just cannot believe he is that ripped without chemical assistance.

As long as Billy Corgan doesn't get involved I think they might be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

this is great for the wrestlers but surely this is not sound business plan for a brand new company unless the tv deal there getting is just phenomenal. This sounds very WCW.

https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/1094999579496304643

No idea why you'd pay someone with zero leverage and zero name six figures unless you're plan is to follow the Dixie Carter business model.

Either Meltzer is bullshítting (shocking...) or they're playing the Khans like a fiddle. Leaning towards the former.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote:
    Either Meltzer is bullshítting (shocking...) or they're playing the Khans like a fiddle. Leaning towards the former.

Definitely. The first comment under that tweet says it all, surely he'd be scooping these names if he knew them, his profession is journalism after all.

Definitely. The first comment under that tweet says it all, surely he'd be scooping these names if he knew them, his profession is journalism after all.

Well I honestly think he’s on the payroll to so keeping things close to his chest only releasing the news they want

If his co-host hasn't heard of them I assume 99.9% of wrestling fans haven't of them either. Maybe its the OWE guys trained by CIMA, etc. :confused:
    I took a browse on Wikipedia & not one have a wiki page or real name. I heard of the trainers but none of the Chinese talent.
    It's hard to find/sign anyone unknown as Mexican, Japanese and European wrestling is very accessible now.

It's not at all uncommon for journalists to be told things off the record, and sit on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

As long as Billy Corgan doesn't get involved I think they might be ok.

Personally would like to see the NWA belt defended in AEW PPVs

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Monokne wrote:
    It's not at all uncommon for journalists to be told things off the record, and sit on them.

True, but it's Meltzer. Guy can't keep his yap shut about anything WWE related and what their plans are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tony Khan was on talk is Jericho this week. Good listen he seems very knowledgable.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1095731800666763264?s=19

Double or Nothing sold out very fast.
    They'd be dumb not to run a bigger arena later in the year. I do wonder post Jericho vs Omega what they have lined up for the latter as he seems to be a far bigger solo star than anyone else signed. Even with working arrangements there doesn't seem to be anyone there who he hasn't worked with unless fans really want him vs PAC.
    Ibushi seems obvious but I think New Japan will try block that if its possible on their side.

with the small roster i think the lack of new matches will only hurt them once they start doing tv and shows more often.

id love to know is there much separation from the fans who go to all the big wwe events and the ones who are attending this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Either Meltzer is bullshing (shocking...) or they're playing the Khans like a fiddle. Leaning towards the former.

Anyone else getting the vibe that Tony Khan is a bit of a mark who the wrestlers are going to take advantage of.

It kind of feels like his Dad bought him a wrestling company.

Advertisement