Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Ha apparently he was a former Brit Army solider as well who joined in the late 1980s when they were off torturing and murdering Irish people.

Patriot my f*cking hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

FTA69 wrote: »
    Ha apparently he was a former Brit Army solider as well who joined in the late 1980s when they were off torturing and murdering Irish people.

Patriot my f*cking hole.

Any evidence to that claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,329 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Stephen15 wrote: »

any evidence that he was a british soldier? He admits it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

any evidence that he was a british soldier? He admits it

And what's people's point about him being an ex British soldier if he was an ex British soldier and was supporting leftist causes would that be brought up probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,329 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And what's your point about him being an ex British soldier if he was an ex British soldier and was supporting leftist causes would that be brought up probably not.

I didnt make any point about him being an ex british soldier. You asked for evidence that he was and i helpfully provided it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He admitted it himself

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

And what's people's point about him being an ex British soldier if he was an ex British soldier and was supporting leftist causes would that be brought up probably not.

The point about it is the hypocrisy. He uses the veil of 'nationalism' to hide his bigotry (racism, sexism, homophobia - he has the full gamut), yet he was nationalistic enough to pledge allegiance to the queen of England? Bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tan Torino has a new site, the height of self aggrandizement:

https://www.grandtorino.ie/

Note the desperate calls for donations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Birneybau wrote: »
    Tan Torino

:D

Very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

'Take the necessary risks to extract the truth'

Haha

Links to Gemma o Doherty too. Absolute fruitcake.

• Advertisement

'Take the necessary risks to extract the truth'

Haha

Links to Gemma o Doherty too. Absolute fruitcake.

Don't forget Q!

https://twitter.com/rothschildmd/status/1111511681568366592

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Patty Hearst

Throughout the entire Trump-Russia investigation, Q Anon maintained that it would come to nothing and there would be no indictments relating to collusion with Russia during the election.

The majority of the Western media pushed literally hundreds of stories day in day out and it turns out they were all fabricated lies.

So in the context of the Russia investigation it was the Western media pushing the wild conspiracy theories.

I'm not even going to go near THAT

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Note the desperate calls for donations

Does he have a page explaining the Oath of Allegiance he swore to the Queen of England?

Does he have a page explaining the Oath of Allegiance he swore to the Queen of England?

No, just pictures of the shed he wants to buy in his mother's back garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Its important not to be at the mercy of censorship by randomers working in the facebuke and youtube corporations.

recedite wrote: »
    Its important not to be at the mercy of censorship by randomers working in the facebuke and youtube corporations.

Of course it is. For extreme far right racists like Torino. Facebook and Youtube dont remove content easily so he must be doing something wrong to be removed in the first place.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Of course it is. For extreme far right racists like Torino. Facebook and Youtube dont remove content easily so they must be doing something wrong to be removed in the first place.
    Facebuke is a bit like boards.ie in that random individuals, and a private company can control the discourse, censoring out any views they don't like.
    So in the same way that you, as a mod (though not a mod in this forum) just branded GT as a far right racist, facebuke have done the same to Tommy Robinson in the UK. GT is quite correct to take measures now to try to protect his own free speech and independence, before the same thing happens to him.
    If either of these characters were in fact engaging in any kind of hate speech, as opposed to just free speech, then there are laws in both the UK and Ireland for dealing with that. And plenty of people who would be very quick to report the matter to the police.

In this context its worth noting that TR was unlawfully locked up in solitary confinement last year at the behest of such people. On appealing all the way up to the very top (the UK Supreme Court) he was exonerated; his conviction was quashed and he was released. That very expensive appeal was made possible by donations he had received through his youtube and facebuke channel "donate" buttons. It was only after justice was served that the corporations attempted to cut off his funding.

They were annoyed that money channeled through their media was used to free a man that had been unlawfully locked up.

What does that tell you about their respect for proper "due process" in a real court of law?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,918 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

In this context its worth noting that TR was unlawfully locked up in solitary confinement last year at the behest of such people. On appealing all the way up to the very top (the UK Supreme Court) he was exonerated; his conviction was quashed and he was released.

Or put another way (reality).

Stephens lawyers argued with the Court of Appeal not the Supreme Court on several points of law and technicalities that weren't followed.

He was by no means exonerated and he is currently out on bail and will have to answer the charges in a new trial.

Facebuke is a bit like boards.ie in that random individuals, and a private company can control the discourse, censoring out any views they don't like.
    So in the same way that you, as a mod (though not a mod in this forum) just branded GT as a far right racist, facebuke have done the same to Tommy Robinson in the UK. GT is quite correct to take measures now to try to protect his own free speech and independence, before the same thing happens to him.
    If either of these characters were in fact engaging in any kind of hate speech, as opposed to just free speech, then there are laws in both the UK and Ireland for dealing with that. And plenty of people who would be very quick to report the matter to the police.

In this context its worth noting that TR was unlawfully locked up in solitary confinement last year at the behest of such people. On appealing all the way up to the very top (the UK Supreme Court) he was exonerated; his conviction was quashed and he was released. That very expensive appeal was made possible by donations he had received through his youtube and facebuke channel "donate" buttons. It was only after justice was served that the corporations attempted to cut off his funding.

They were annoyed that money channeled through their media was used to free a man that had been unlawfully locked up.

What does that tell you about their respect for proper "due process" in a real court of law?

Haha you can't even refute what I said that he is a far right racist just go on a long winded irrelevant tangent

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Or put another way (reality).

Stephens lawyers argued with the Court of Appeal not the Supreme Court on several points of law and technicalities that weren't followed.

He was by no means exonerated and he is currently out on bail and will have to answer the charges in a new trial.
    Technically you are right on that point, it was the CoA and not the SC, but regardless of the name of the court, the appeal was at the highest level available and the judgement was by the Lord Chief Justice who is the highest judge in the UK.

However, the unlawful imprisonment of TR was not due to mere "points of law" and "technicalities". It was a gross miscarriage of justice; locking up a citizen (in solitary confinement) on trumped up charges.
    64.In this case,no particulars of the scope of the alleged contempt were ever formulated, let alone in writing, or put to the appellant....
    66.In our judgment the failure to follow the requirements of Part 48 of the Rules was much more than a technical failure. In contempt proceedings, touching as they do on the liberty of the subject, there is a need for the contempt in question to be identified with precision and the conductof the alleged contemnor identified with sufficient particularity to enable him, with the assistance of legal advice, to respond to what is a criminal charge, in all but name. In this case there was no clarity at all about what the appellant was admitting and for what parts of his broadcast he was considered by the judge to be guilty of contempt of court
    70.As with Canterbury, the formal record of the contempt proceedings wrongly suggests that the appellant had been convicted of a criminal offence, rather than found to have been in contempt of court.
    Its a damning indictment of incompetence and skullduggery by the original judge who had TR snatched off the street and summarily locked up within a few hours. Wrongly classifying TR as a convicted prisoner as opposed to somebody in jail for a minor "contempt of court" (which itself was never proven) is what allowed them to put him straight into solitary confinement, as opposed to a more benign prison regime.
    71.The order drawn by the court says on its face that it is an “Order for Imprisonment -Made under the Criminal Justice Act 2003”. The term of thirteen months is described as a “sentence” and the suspended order of committal made at Canterbury Crown Court is identified as a “suspended sentence”. None of this is correct, for reasons we have already given.72.Although this is a matter of form capable of correction it does have serious consequences. Such errors should not be allowed to occur again.Judges making findings of contempt and sentencing in consequence should check an order or record going out in the court’s name for accuracy.
    74.Accordingly, the classification of the appellant as a convicted prisoner has had the effect of depriving him of privileges relating to: visits by his doctor or dentist, the freedom to choose what clothes to wear and the absence of restrictions on prison visits and the sending and receipt of letters
    77.In summary, the finding of contempt made in Leeds must be quashed because:(i) It was inappropriate to proceed immediately on the motion of the court to deal with the alleged contempt after immediate steps had been taken to remove the offending video from the internet. An adjournment was necessary to enable the matter to proceed on a fully informed basis; in any event(ii) The failure to comply with Part 48 of the Rules resulted inthere being no clear statement, orally or in writing, of the conduct said to comprise a contempt for contravening the section 4(2) order in place;(iii) It was unclear what conduct was said to comprise a breach of that order and the appellant was sentenced on the basis of conduct which fell outside the scope of that order;(iv) The haste with which the contempt proceedings were conducted led to an inability of counsel to mitigate fully on the appellant's behalf. 78.The finding of contempt must be quashed...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Please explain how either of these rights are at risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Technically you are right on that point, it was the CoA and not the SC, but regardless of the name of the court, the appeal was at the highest level available and the judgement was by the Lord Chief Justice who is the highest judge in the UK.

However, the unlawful imprisonment of TR was not due to mere "points of law" and "technicalities". It was a gross miscarriage of justice; locking up a citizen (in solitary confinement) on trumped up charges.

Its a damning indictment of incompetence and skullduggery by the original judge who had TR snatched off the street and summarily locked up within a few hours. Wrongly classifying TR as a convicted prisoner as opposed to somebody in jail for a minor "contempt of court" (which itself was never proven) is what allowed them to put him straight into solitary confinement, as opposed to a more benign prison regime.

He's free to go to the European Court of Human Rights... Suspect he won't win though.

It wouldn't bother me at all whether he was in the US marines or the British commandos for a while.
    Its irrelevant, except that it shows the man has bravery and he is certainly very adaptable.
    If we had a few politicians with his balls, we'd be in a much better place as a nation.

batgoat wrote: »
    He's free to go to the European Court of Human Rights... Suspect he won't win though.
    TR already won. His wrongful conviction was quashed, he was released from prison, and yesterday he stood on a podium in central London being applauded by a large crowd.

It wouldn't bother me at all whether he was in the US marines or the British commandos for a while.
    Its irrelevant, except that it shows the man has bravery and he is certainly very adaptable.
    If we had a few politicians with his balls, we'd be in a much better place as a nation.

The guy is a racist piece of **** who lives with his mammy at age fifty. His way of paying for his own place, patreon combined with racist rants. He believes in nonsensical conspiracies such as QAnon... You buy into a lot of nonsense tbh.

Please explain how either of these rights are at risk.
    Having his own website means GTs videos are not liable to be pulled by randomers working for facebuke.
    I don't think it has happened yet, but the guy is obviously smart enough to be thinking ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,918 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

TR already won.

No he didn't, he is currently on bail and is facing a new trial, which is scheduled for May I think.

Having his own website means GTs videos are not liable to be pulled by randomers working for facebuke.
    I don't think it has happened yet, but the guy is obviously smart enough to be thinking ahead.

Facebook taking down videos isn't a rights violation.... In fairness white supremacists are effectively banned in the future from Facebook... So it's not really foresight at this point in time.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    The guy is a racist piece of **** who lives with his mammy at age fifty. His way of paying for his own place, patreon combined with racist rants. He believes in nonsensical conspiracies such as QAnon... You buy into a lot of nonsense tbh.
    Yeah good man. Thats hateful speech right there.

Freedom of speech is a right. But if you're going to label him a racist, you're going to need to cite some evidence, otherwise you're just another random internet idiot.

Advertisement