Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Vs Ulster build up thread ( insert smart joke about both provinces here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,182 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Eddie O'Sullivan genuinely wondering if Connacht should go for the posts.

9 points up, 3 tries in the bag and 4 minutes left. Not hard to see why Eddie isn't coaching anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Worst display of cross field kicking by both teams. A granny could do better.

Oddly, Connacht were really good last week and lost. They've been very unimpressive tonight and are going to win.

Shocker from Cooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Think there was a touch of taking the lifter in the two Ulster defensive lineouts there... wouldn't mention it normally but Mitrea was very strict on Connacht for it earlier in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Referee letting ulster away with murder in last 10. Off feet repeatedly. Grabbing jumper in the air at line outs. Making sure there’s no chance of a bonus point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Shut up about the ref

Shut up about the ref

If that's aimed at me it's literally the first comment I've made about the ref in the entire match, and it was just s comment as the match was already over...

Bizarre decision to kick it out. Connacht had absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by keeping it going.

Bazzo wrote: »
    If that's aimed at me it's literally the first comment I've made about the ref in the entire match, and it was just s comment as the match was already over...

Nah, the comment accusing the ref of deliberately screwing Connacht out of a BP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

blackwhite wrote: »
    Referee letting ulster away with murder in last 10. Off feet repeatedly. Grabbing jumper in the air at line outs. Making sure there’s no chance of a bonus point

He also missed a couple of high tackles on Ulster players. Swings and roundabouts.

Ulster nowhere near as good with ball in hand as Connacht. 5 metres out from the line and it's passed back to a static forward...nobody running on to the ball at pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Buer wrote: »
    Bizarre decision to kick it out. Connacht had absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by keeping it going.

Ya
    Not like Ulster in Connachts Conference so them getting a LBP not disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Has aki captained connacht much?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Buer wrote: »

Bundee didn’t look too happy anyway. Might as well have a shot at the try bonus at that stage when you can’t be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Blackheath

I thought Thornbury had a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Carthy’s consistency issues still there, brilliant game followed by a fairly poor outing tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Blackheath wrote: »
    I thought Thornbury had a decent game.

He's had a decent season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bundee was not happy with Blade at the end. It made no sense to kick it out, it's irrelevant to Connacht if Ulster scored instead.

Entertaining game for the neutral.

Ulster set piece was dreadful, poor EOS must have been gutted to have to come back on. The lineout was awful until the last 20 minutes. Herring's exploits in Australia seem a lifetime ago now.

Fair play to Connacht for making them pay, far more clinical with the ball and chances they got. Thornbury looked very good and Leader was decent again. Some players not so hot but you can't have it all.

Connacht in the driving seat for European qualification now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Some Yoke wrote: »
    Has aki captained connacht much?

I love Bundee but I don't think I'd want him to be the teams communicator to the ref

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Blackheath

Zzippy wrote: »
    He's had a decent season.

He was the pick of the 2nd rows tonight

• Advertisement

Bundee was not happy with Blade at the end. It made no sense to kick it out, it's irrelevant to Connacht if Ulster scored instead.

Mitchell.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Carthy’s consistency issues still there, brilliant game followed by a fairly poor outing tonight.

Connacht at least need a viable alternative if not an outright replacement. He just isn't a top level out half.

Jaysus Dan "We scrummed well for most the game" really??

Bazzo wrote: »
    Jaysus Dan "We scrummed well for most the game" really??

Marty Moore really has gone backwards since moving to Wasps. He was anonymous tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Connacht at least need a viable alternative if not an outright replacement. He just isn't a top level out half.

On his day he’s brilliant, just not consistent enough to rely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

What did people think of third try? I thought Carty was definitely ahead of the kicker. McFarland seems pretty sure he was offside also. This was a huge moment in the game and I think the TMO rushed the decision. The ref gave him an option to review it further.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Zzippy wrote: »
    Marty Moore really has gone backwards since moving to Wasps. He was anonymous tonight.

He was very good in the two European Champions Cup matches that Ulster played in recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

Fainga'a deserved man of the match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Carty needs to understand when to kick and when to stuck it up the jumper. Game management
    He is a player that didn't play enough rugby as a youngster,
    His skill set is predominantly from gaelic football

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »
    He was very good in the two European Champions Cup matches that Ulster played in recently.

Fair enough, I didn't see much of them. He was definitely second best to Buckley tonight, but that's something he shares with a lot of Buckley's opponents and no shame in it.

Advertisement