Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Vs Ulster build up thread ( insert smart joke about both provinces here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

Bealham rested as said in the papers, or injured?
    No injury update is fuc*** annoying for fans..
    Does someone possess inner informations about Finlay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

connachta wrote: »
    Bealham rested as said in the papers, or injured?
    No injury update is fuc*** annoying for fans..
    Does someone possess inner informations about Finlay?

We don't need to know about injuries though. And after the whole Heaslip and Murray debacles, players are more guarded over what's put out about them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

They were really up for it and in fairness the entire Leinster side looked off. As the match wore on the Leinster back row took over. Ruddock in particular.
    That said it was some match. This weeks fare may not be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I thought Bealham was poor last week. I think Dooley was well able for him.
    I think Fitzgerald would be fine on the wing. Godwin is a ballsy call.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

evil_seed wrote: »
    We don't need to know about injuries though. And after the whole Heaslip and Murray debacles, players are more guarded over what's put out about them

Where does the money come from to pay the wages of the players? Does it come from supporters who pay for match tickets, TV subscriptions and pay for products that sponsor these guys?

I'd say we at least have a right to know how long someone will be unavailable for...even if we don't necessarily need to know exactly what is wrong with an individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Agree that there is a balance to be struck between full disclosure and zero information. It doesn’t even need to be precise, even if updates just clarified whether injuries were short (less than one month)/ medium (one to three months) or long term. Something along those lines would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

bilston wrote: »
    Where does the money come from to pay the wages of the players? Does it come from supporters who pay for match tickets, TV subscriptions and pay for products that sponsor these guys?

I'd say we at least have a right to know how long someone will be unavailable for...even if we don't necessarily need to know exactly what is wrong with an individual.

I'll save someone the bother of pointing out that we don't have a "right" to anyone's personal information... But yes, totally agree, you can't ask the fans to be the 16th man when it suits and tell them to mind their own beeswax when it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

And rumours are worst than reality, most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

This Christmas I asked Santa to scrap that Kavanagh's of Charleville ad from Eir Sport.

Useless prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Poor from Leader. Had a front rower and lock in front of him and ran into them upright. Easy choke tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Buer wrote: »
    Poor from Leader. Had a front rower and lock in front of him and ran into them upright. Easy choke tackle.

Ulster will be happy enough with their start

Blade seems to really be annoying Mitrea

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Lot of silly errors from both sides so far

Surprisingly soft defence from Ulster

Very easy. Could well have been sooner. Ulster not going to be in their European games in good form at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Tremendous start from Connacht.

mangobob wrote: »
    Tremendous start from Connacht.

inDrBBZG_400x400.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

This Christmas I asked Santa to scrap that Kavanagh's of Charleville ad from Eir Sport.

Useless prick.

I asked him to give EOS laryngitis. Also bitterly disappointed here...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Very easy. Could well have been sooner. Ulster not going to be in their European games in good form at this rate.

We've won 4 in a row up to now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

SBB roaring like a bull.

• Advertisement

Did Connacht water the pitch before the game or something :confused: the amount of handling errors is unbelievable.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Did Connacht water the pitch before the game or something :confused: the amount of handling errors is unbelievable.

Its raining, no?

McPhillips isn't in the same bracket as Burns. I think he should be getting more pitch time than he has but he looks far less assured. I think we tend to see the best of him when he's come into games where there's no reason not to just throw caution to the wind and the opposition has switched off.

Cian Kelleher, the equal of Henry Speight!

That was gas.

A second terrible kick though.

What on earth was kelleher doing...

Roux lucky not to get binned for collapsing the maul

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Wasn't it Kelleher who did something similar against Sale? Needs to get cracking having someone dropping high balls on him in training

mangobob wrote: »
    That was gas.

A second terrible kick though.
    I genuinely would fancy myself to put those kicks across the field more accurately. Wasn't a sniff of a contest in either.

wp_rathead wrote: »
    What on earth was kelleher doing...

Roux lucky not to get binned for collapsing the maul
    Yup, was as deliberate and blatant as possible on first watch. Just threw himself down. Possibly fortunate they scored or referee might have dealt with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Yup, was as deliberate and blatant as possible on first watch. Just threw himself down. Possibly fortunate they scored or referee might have dealt with it.

Mitrea told him next time he's off after the try was scored

Advertisement