Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Vs Ulster build up thread ( insert smart joke about both provinces here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Buer wrote: »
    McPhillips isn't in the same bracket as Burns. I think he should be getting more pitch time than he has but he looks far less assured. I think we tend to see the best of him when he's come into games where there's no reason not to just throw caution to the wind and the opposition has switched off.

Based on this yes. I've wondered why he hasn't been getting more opportunities as he has always done well previously, but tonight might be the answer...so far...even the crossfield kick for the try was hardly on the money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Buer wrote: »
    Yup, was as deliberate and blatant as possible on first watch. Just threw himself down. Possibly fortunate they scored or referee might have dealt with it.

Ref was very vocal after the try - "Next time you're off"

Kelleher is great going forward but a complete liability under the high ball

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

mangobob wrote: »
    Its raining, no?

I don’t think so? Think a mist came in as the half wore on but EOS said early on it’s about as perfect as it gets in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Connacht will be disappointed after the opening 20 minutes. Game nicely poised for the neutral though.

I can see the Connacht bench having a bigger impact although McCloskey will surely be on before long. If he was on the field, Aki isn't scoring that try.

Entertaining enough despite the error count. I returned from the west today. It was damp but not raining. Is it just that horrible mist or actually raining now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

stephen_n wrote: »
    Its raining, no?

I don’t think so? Think a mist came in as the half wore on but EOS said early on it’s about as perfect as it gets in Galway.
    Very greasy here and drizzling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

stephen_n wrote: »

Fair enough. Its just that I thought I saw a steady rain in the glare of the floodlights a few times.

But sure its the Sportsground. Even when its dry up there its still wet :P

Fair enough. Its just that I thought I saw a steady rain in the glare of the floodlights a few times.

But sure its the Sportsground. Even when its dry up there its still wet :P

Seemingly so :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

It's December. Even on a dry day in the west the humidity means a heavy dew once it gets dark, and a greasy ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Not the worst weather but it's a weird sideways mist. Ball is slippy but Kelleher should throw on a couple of gaa gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I reckon that's Kelleher off the radar again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Excellent try... Hopefully it's on side

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

He looked in front from that’s angle...

Very frustrating from an Ulster perspective, kamikaze stuff.

Looked possibly marginally off on the last angle but there was very little in it to be fair. Excellent try and conversion from Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

McPhilips is not having a good day with the boot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

I think we got a bit lucky with that one, looked very similar to the Ulster one that was called back in Ravenhill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Well Nelson is on at 10 for Ulster so we can safely say that's the towel thrown in.

Great break from Fainga'a there, maybe should have just gone through the phases but the cross kick very nearly came off to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Blade has made some great catches from line out ball fired at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Feck. Speight gone.

• Advertisement

Why on earth is Godwin being subbed instead of Kelleher? Kelleher has been a defensive liability tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Cooney is a great competitor. Gives his all and never gives up.
    Playing at 12 now?

Connacht have stopped playing a bit and just been booting the ball down the pitch. Need to keep playing. A Ulster score has them back in it.

Referee being very kind to Connacht.

5m lineout defence has been absolutely shambolic. Really up against it to hold on now.

Going to lose this now after all that.

Just like last week, stopped doing what we did good and gifting the ball back.

So infuriating.

Surely that ball went backwards clearly?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Scythica

aki didnt even put his head in the right space for that scrum there did he?

Connacht butchered a try there. Carty would have scored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Nagle, jeeesus

Advertisement