Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Munster January Sales Thread AKA Munster V Leinster build up thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 416 ✭✭Thermoman12

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ruddock stays injury free for 12 months he will be pushing for a start at 6 for ireland

Joe would have option to pick and choose which 6 for which opposition which would be ideal

Please tell me that you’re trolling, Rhys Ruddock starting Six for Ireland? Haha you must be joking, even if Peter O’Mahony got injured, CJ Stander would play 6 or Dan Leavy, Rhys Ruddock can’t even start European cup games for Leinster, the starting backrow for Leinster should be leavy at 6, VDF at 7 and Conan at 8, you’re clearly a biased Leinster fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Because Joe Schmidt loves him, he has his favorites from Leinster, Kearney being one of them

Yeah because winning a 6 nations is so easy we can carry a few players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Zzippy wrote: »
    Settle down now children, and start behaving like adults.

Can I have things that wont happen for 109?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

giphy.gif

Yeah because winning a 6 nations is so easy we can carry a few players

Well he may have been in his prime back then, but he hasn’t been good since, did you see his bad pass the other night? My 4 year old daughter could throw a better pass than that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Please tell me that you’re trolling, Rhys Ruddock starting Six for Ireland? Haha you must be joking, even if Peter O’Mahony got injured, CJ Stander would play 6 or Dan Leavy, Rhys Ruddock can’t even start European cup games for Leinster, the starting backrow for Leinster should be leavy at 6, VDF at 7 and Conan at 8, you’re clearly a biased Leinster fan

Ah, I got you now. Sorry, I should've picked up on your goals sooner. Troll away good sir

I think it might be worth your while checking a few facts, just a tip

In regards to other post and your daughter, no comment

Ah, I got you now. Sorry, I should've picked up on your goals sooner. Troll away good sir

So you think Ruddock is better than Leavy and POM? You’re the one trolling, you think Rhys Ruddock is so good that if I say anything bad about him I’m trolling? Get a grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Tell you what lads, save the "my favourite player should start ahead of your favourite player for Ireland" pissing contest for the Ireland thread, and discuss the match tomorrow. Or GTFO of this thread. There will be no cards issued after this warning, straight bans that will last til the match is well over.

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    Tell you what lads, save the "my favourite player should start ahead of your favourite player for Ireland" pissing contest for the Ireland thread, and discuss the match tomorrow. Or GTFO of this thread. There will be no cards issued after this warning, straight bans that will last til the match is well over.

Sorry Sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

I have a feeling we might be in for a classic tomorrow.

troyzer wrote: »

A classic argument on this thread or a classic match?

A classic argument on this thread or a classic match?

Both. The match itself will be a try fest for Leinster and the howls of indignation at the ref afterwards on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Both. The match itself will be a try fest for Leinster and the howls of indignation at the ref afterwards on here.

You’ve posted yourself elsewhere that you’ve lost the run of yourself lately.

These sort of repetitive boorish smug posts just get tedious and turn me off the threads.

Like read what you’ve posted and ask what it adds to the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Strong selections from both. Normally I'd give Leinster a ten point win.

Relatively weak bench from Leinster, coupled with Munster needing it more, home game, etc. Generic as it seems when it comes to predictions, Munster could very well win it, but if they do, it'll only be by a few points.

Leinster could do their usual and go "Dave, you're a pessimistic ****, we're going to prove you wrong" and stick 20 points on Munster, and everyone's happy, at least I am. Munster aren't, but I can live with that. Doubt it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I think Munster will win it. Home crowd, full house, almost full strength team and Connacht winning puts them under ever more pressure; they have to produce the goods and I reckon they will.

Bookies odds have drifted back towards Munster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

I' d expect a Leinster win, A very strong team sent down.

Strange that Munster would play a full strength team apart from POM.

I guess Connacht are now ahead of us in the group, and we have an eye on next weeks game too

Goggin just back from injury going up against Ringrose is a worry.

Killer could struggle against Furlong in the scrum too.

Just realised that Munster have more IQ players in the backline than Leinster

And both teams only have 2 NIQs in the starting 15.

I'd probably prefer JJ on the bench to Tyler but i'd imagine Tyler needs minutes.

I have heard rumours of Munsters secret weapon for today,

They are going to tell Lowe that his team won a scrum penalty in Tralee and watch him sprint off to high five everyone involved :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

yerrahbah wrote: »
    I' d expect a Leinster win, A very strong team sent down.

Strange that Munster would play a full strength team apart from POM.

I guess Connacht are now ahead of us in the group, and we have an eye on next weeks game too

Goggin just back from injury going up against Ringrose is a worry.

Killer could struggle against Furlong in the scrum too.

Just realised that Munster have more IQ players in the backline than Leinster

And both teams only have 2 NIQs in the starting 15.

I'd probably prefer JJ on the bench to Tyler but i'd imagine Tyler needs minutes.

I have heard rumours of Munsters secret weapon for today,

They are going to tell Lowe that his team won a scrum penalty in Tralee and watch him sprint off to high five everyone involved :D

Let’s not get to cocky now about producing players....

Munster:

Mike Haley *
    Andrew Conway *
    Dan Goggin,
    Rory Scannell,
    Keith Earls;
    Joey Carbery *
    Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne,
    Niall Scannell,
    John Ryan;
    Jean Kleyn, *
    Tadhg Beirne; *
    Fineen Wycherley,
    Chris Cloete *
    CJ Stander (C) *

Leinster:

Jordan Larmour
    Dave Kearney
    Gary Ringrose
    Rory O'Loughin
    James Lowe *
    Johnny Sexton
    Luke McGrath
    Cian Healy
    James Tracy,
    Tadhg Furlong,
    Scott Fardy *
    James Ryan;
    Rhys Ruddock,
    Josh Van der Flier,
    Jack Conan.

* = non homegrown players.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

On paper, Leinster should win but matches aren't won on paper.

Munster will be desperate to make sure they don't go into next week with three defeats on the trot. They're in front of a full house in Thomond and will deliver a higher level of physicality than we've seen in a while, I expect.

Leinster might well come with the same intensity but I wouldn't expect if from the off. I think Munster will be carried by adrenaline to a 6 point win.

swiwi_ wrote: »

You’ve posted yourself elsewhere that you’ve lost the run of yourself lately.

These sort of repetitive boorish smug posts just get tedious and turn me off the threads.

Like read what you’ve posted and ask what it adds to the thread?

The line between being a dick and adding some needle is REALLY thin around here.

I was just going to say I think the match will be a classic and was asked about the thread as well so added a bit of needle.

Anyway, needle aside. I do genuinely think Leinster will win by a score or two and I do genuinely think it's going to get heated here afterwards as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Kleyn returning is a huge boost for Munster but I have an awful feeling about this game that someone is gonna get injured.
    Arno Botha hitting or getting hit by furlong will register on seizmographs and the intensity should be up there with test level

Munster:

Mike Haley *
    Andrew Conway *
    Dan Goggin,
    Rory Scannell,
    Keith Earls;
    Joey Carbery *
    Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne,
    Niall Scannell,
    John Ryan;
    Jean Kleyn, *
    Tadhg Beirne; *
    Fineen Wycherley,
    Chris Cloete *
    CJ Stander (C) *

Leinster:

Jordan Larmour
    Dave Kearney
    Gary Ringrose
    Rory O'Loughin
    James Lowe *
    Johnny Sexton
    Luke McGrath
    Cian Healy
    James Tracy,
    Tadhg Furlong,
    Scott Fardy *
    James Ryan;
    Rhys Ruddock,
    Josh Van der Flier,
    Jack Conan.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but how are Carberry/Beirne and Conway not home grown?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

Really looking forward to this match. Looking for Leinster to win by 10+ and keep Connacht ahead if Munster. The internet might possibly break if Munster lose on the back of a slightly controversial ref decision.

Munster:

Mike Haley *
    Andrew Conway *
    Dan Goggin,
    Rory Scannell,
    Keith Earls;
    Joey Carbery *
    Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne,
    Niall Scannell,
    John Ryan;
    Jean Kleyn, *
    Tadhg Beirne; *
    Fineen Wycherley,
    Chris Cloete *
    CJ Stander (C) *

Leinster:

Jordan Larmour
    Dave Kearney
    Gary Ringrose
    Rory O'Loughin
    James Lowe *
    Johnny Sexton
    Luke McGrath
    Cian Healy
    James Tracy,
    Tadhg Furlong,
    Scott Fardy *
    James Ryan;
    Rhys Ruddock,
    Josh Van der Flier,
    Jack Conan.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but how are Carberry/Beirne and Conway not home grown?

All three of them came through Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Wegians89

They were produced in Leinster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Wegians89 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this match. Looking for Leinster to win by 10+ and keep Connacht ahead if Munster. The internet might possibly break if Munster lose on the back of a slightly controversial ref decision.

Or if Leinster do...

I hope the ref does a good job for both sides

Just trying to read the Irish Indo, as usual trying to hide their bias for Munster

Some how Cullen gets an 8 as a coach and Van Grann gets a 7???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Just trying to read the Irish Indo, as usual trying to hide their bias for Munster

Your mistake is reading that excuse for a paper?

Munster:

Mike Haley *
    Andrew Conway *
    Dan Goggin,
    Rory Scannell,
    Keith Earls;
    Joey Carbery *
    Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne,
    Niall Scannell,
    John Ryan;
    Jean Kleyn, *
    Tadhg Beirne; *
    Fineen Wycherley,
    Chris Cloete *
    CJ Stander (C) *

Leinster:

Jordan Larmour
    Dave Kearney
    Gary Ringrose
    Rory O'Loughin
    James Lowe *
    Johnny Sexton
    Luke McGrath
    Cian Healy
    James Tracy,
    Tadhg Furlong,
    Scott Fardy *
    James Ryan;
    Rhys Ruddock,
    Josh Van der Flier,
    Jack Conan.

In fairness I said IQ not homegrown,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I can't see anything but a Leinster win I'm afraid. Hopefully I'm proved wrong. If we have any chance to win we need Carbs, Earlsey, CJ and Murray to bring their A game.

• Advertisement

Kleyn, Kleyn, Kleyn, Kleyn, Kleyn, Kleyn, Kleyn.

tototoe wrote: »
    Your mistake is reading that excuse for a paper?

Free in the hotel

Would never buy it

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I can't see anything but a Leinster win I'm afraid. Hopefully I'm proved wrong. If we have any chance to win we need Carbs, Earlsey, CJ and Murray to bring their A game.

Why do people feel the need to use player nicknames? You best mates with Earlsey and carbs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Munster:

Mike Haley *
    Andrew Conway *
    Dan Goggin,
    Rory Scannell,
    Keith Earls;
    Joey Carbery *
    Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne,
    Niall Scannell,
    John Ryan;
    Jean Kleyn, *
    Tadhg Beirne; *
    Fineen Wycherley,
    Chris Cloete *
    CJ Stander (C) *

Leinster:

Jordan Larmour
    Dave Kearney
    Gary Ringrose
    Rory O'Loughin
    James Lowe *
    Johnny Sexton
    Luke McGrath
    Cian Healy
    James Tracy,
    Tadhg Furlong,
    Scott Fardy *
    James Ryan;
    Rhys Ruddock,
    Josh Van der Flier,
    Jack Conan.

Ruddocks mother is irish and he was in academy but didnt go to school or play age grade rugby here in Ireland before that? Slightly different to the rest..

Indo isnt biased in favour of Munster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭elliot_st

munster homegrown forwards these days are generally soft, which is why there are so many saffers in the pack.

Munster:

Mike Haley *
    Andrew Conway *
    Dan Goggin,
    Rory Scannell,
    Keith Earls;
    Joey Carbery *
    Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne,
    Niall Scannell,
    John Ryan;
    Jean Kleyn, *
    Tadhg Beirne; *
    Fineen Wycherley,
    Chris Cloete *
    CJ Stander (C) *

Leinster:

Jordan Larmour
    Dave Kearney
    Gary Ringrose
    Rory O'Loughin
    James Lowe *
    Johnny Sexton
    Luke McGrath
    Cian Healy
    James Tracy,
    Tadhg Furlong,
    Scott Fardy *
    James Ryan;
    Rhys Ruddock,
    Josh Van der Flier,
    Jack Conan.

Rhys Ruddock is anything but homegrown, he grew up in Wales, only came to Ireland because one of his parents is Irish and his dad was Ireland u20 coach which is the only reason he went into the Leinster academy and became a professional rugby player, one of the reasons is why I don’t like him is because he didn’t come through the schools system and just came here because his dad was Ireland u20s coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,721 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

What difference does it make? That's a fairly pathetic reason to not like a player with Irish family members who came up through the Irish academy system and played underage rugby for Ireland. Schools rugby isn't and shouldn't be the be all and end all of Irish rugby. By that reasoning you don't like Furlong or SOB either because they didn't come through from the schools route either.

What difference does it make? That's a fairly pathetic reason to not like a player with Irish family members who came up through the Irish academy system and played underage rugby for Ireland. Schools rugby isn't and shouldn't be the be all and end all of Irish rugby. By that reasoning you don't like Furlong or SOB either because they didn't come through from the schools route either.

It means more if anything, he WANTED to play for Ireland and Leinster. He wasn't just born into it, he actively pursued it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

Dirty wet misty day here in limerick looks like it's a up the jumper fatties going forward in packs sort of day.
    Should hopefully be a good game as munster fan gotta say very nervous about this one but lack of free flowing back play might be Munsters friend tonight

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    Dirty wet misty day here in limerick looks like it's a up the jumper fatties going forward in packs sort of day.
    Should hopefully be a good game as munster fan gotta say very nervous about this one but lack of free flowing back play might be Munsters friend tonight

Fun fact, James Lowe can double as a tighthead prop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »

Munster will be desperate to make sure they don't go into next week with three defeats on the trot. They're in front of a full house in Thomond and will deliver a higher level of physicality than we've seen in a while, I expect.

Leinster might well come with the same intensity but I wouldn't expect if from the off. I think Munster will be carried by adrenaline to a 6 point win.

Yep, I’d go with Munster by a score. The Leinster starters should have enough in them to give us a narrow lead in the first 60, but the bench will struggle to maintain that. A LBP and some really valuable experience for the young lads on the bench would be a very positive outcome. We’ve enough of a lead in our conference that we don’t need the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Leinster by a score... of tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

It’s Munster at home, with a full house and a full strength (nearly) team. I’m amazed Munster aren’t favorites. Though it will be a tight game and should only be one score in it either way. Our bench certainly is full of finishers as Eddie Jones calls them. But they’re all lads who can do a job for 20-30 mins. Be interesting to see how Joey matches up against Johhny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Buer wrote: »

This.

Munster at home are a very formidable proposition for anyone, let alone their more sophisticated and cultured blue shirted cousins from the big smoke. I think Munster will want/need it more and are fully capable of raising their game, channeling their inner dog and beating us in front of a baying Thomond crowd.

Also that Leinster bench just underwhelms the bejaysus out of me. Perhaps I am spoiled these days with the depth of our squad, but I have almost taken it for granted now that our bench will be a weapon rather than a band aid. Take Bent for example. I fully agree that he is a solid pro, but he is not the kind of sub that is going to strike fear into anyones heart when they see him shuffling onto the field with 20 to go. If anything, it might actually give the Munster front row a psychological lift!

Ok maybe I am being harsh and overly pessimistic (my default setting, at least when sober). But right now I think that if things are tight in the final quarter, that bench could be the losing of the game for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

elliot_st wrote: »
    munster homegrown forwards these days are generally soft, which is why there are so many saffers in the pack.

Yes but those Saffers make them a formidable opponent. In Cloete Kleyne and Stander you have a trio of very hardcore players.

Anyway the academy in Leinster while it produces top class players cannot be a thing of envy in itself. More down to the numbers playing in the province rather than other provinces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Rhys Ruddock is anything but homegrown, he grew up in Wales, only came to Ireland because one of his parents is Irish and his dad was Ireland u20 coach which is the only reason he went into the Leinster academy and became a professional rugby player, one of the reasons is why I don’t like him is because he didn’t come through the schools system and just came here because his dad was Ireland u20s coach

He was born in Dublin no?, his brother was born in Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Heymans wrote: »
    Yes but those Saffers make them a formidable opponent. In Cloete Kleyne and Stander you have a trio of very hardcore players.

Also Botha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

antietam1 wrote: »
    He was born in Dublin no?, his brother was born in Wales.

Why are you bothering?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭mr_cochise

That really is a pathetic comment. What a stupid way to 'not like' somebody!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

salmocab wrote: »
    Why are you bothering?

Yeah, think I've had enough for the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement