Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Munster January Sales Thread AKA Munster V Leinster build up thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Which is something he did on Irish duty throughout the 6N’s and Munster
    No one bothered about it then!

Whitehouse was piss poor in the Avila( when is he not really) and it wouldn’t of made a huge difference to the game, but to say some of his calls against Munster were dubious at best is just wrong.

We could have had the ref giving us all 60-40 calls and still lost. JVG is a bluffer along with the lineout coach(the worst record on our own throw in the champions cup)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

troyzer wrote: »
    Munster were a bit lucky on the scrums as well with POM's bind.

Which is something he did on Irish duty throughout the 6N’s and Munster
    No one bothered about it then!

Whitehouse was piss poor in the Avila( when is he not really) and it wouldn’t of made a huge difference to the game, but to say some of his calls against Munster were dubious at best is just wrong.

Of course we weren't bothered about it then. That doesn't mean we're wrong to point it out against Leinster. It just makes us hypocritical. But sure we all do that.

I don't think Whitehouse had a bad game. He made a few irritating 50/50 calls but that's always the case.

The only case as a Leinster fan where I think Munster should feel hard done by was Whitehouse not giving the penalty try and subsequently telling Mathewson to use it.

But this has to be mitigated by the fact that Munster's scrum was illegal in every single instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    We could have had the ref giving us all 60-40 calls and still lost. JVG is a bluffer along with the lineout coach(the worst record on our own throw in the champions cup)

Oh I’m not saying we would have won the game, but the ref was awful last time out!
    And Berry (for the pro semi) I wouldn’t trust to ref a senior cup game at the best of times!

We might have a competent ref this time out!!

Kleyn back would be a big boost for Sunday in the LO, but the throw(among plenty of other things) need to be better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,129 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Tadgh bearne was pinged 2 times for hands in the ruck, despite supporting his own weight and not being the tackler. Some the driving at a scrumtime from the Leinster LH yet when Munster LH did the same he was pulled. And less said about Lowe's theatrics the better

Ruck calls are down to ref interpretation. And generally he was fairly consistent on that over the game. If you examine each one in greater detail you will find multiple offences at every one

Don't really understand the bit about the LHs

Lowe did nothing, absolutely Zero wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

You might want to look at the players behind the dysfunctional line out not the coach. Beirne doesn't seem to be able to call lineouts and scanners throwing is shocking. 5 overthrows in the first half of one of your recent matches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I get the feeling that JVG cannot take Munster to the next level. The inconsistencies in their performances remind me of Ireland under EOS.
    I dont think Munster will win anything big with him as boss man also he never seems to be too pissed off when Munster lose a big game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,129 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

And Berry (for the pro semi) I wouldn’t trust to ref a senior game at the best of times!

What did Berry get so terribly wrong that day.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I get the feeling that JVG cannot take Munster to the next level. The inconsistencies in their performances remind me of Ireland under EOS.
    I dont think Munster will win anything big with him as boss man also he never seems to be too pissed off when Munster lose a big game.

I agree. Munster don't seem to have kicked on much at all. They've had some serious upgrades in a few positions but their away record is still awful.

I think ROG will be coming back sooner rather than later. What a great day for Irish rugby that would be.

I agree. Munster don't seem to have kicked on much at all. They've had some serious upgrades in a few positions but their away record is still awful.

I think ROG will be coming back sooner rather than later. What a great day for Irish rugby that would be.

The question is will OConnell join him. Don't fancy ROG coaching the forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I see the crying about the ref has started two days before the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Glasgow losing away to Edinburgh opens a chink of light for Munster. They play Edinburgh again at home this weekend and then face a trap game away to Benetton where they may be forced to send the seconds before Europe. Munster have a great opportunity to close the gap in Conference A over the next two matchdays. Of course we can't forget Ospreys, Connacht and Cardiff are also close behind Munster.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Oh I agree, but the castre & Leinster game the ref/ass ref were sh!T( not that it would have had any bearing on the Leinster game mind) there was also another pro14 game can't remember it was one Munster win

You mean the same Leinster game where Munster got two tries as a result of scrums where POM was binding illegally and helping the front row get an extra shove?

You can bitch and whine all you want but Munster lost that game fair and square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Faugheen wrote: »
    You mean the same Leinster game where Munster got two tries as a result of scrums where POM was binding illegally and helping the front row get an extra shove?

That one. It showed what a flawed human being POM really is. A man of no integrity or honesty. A blatant immoral cheat in the same mold as Ben Johnson or Lance Armstrong. A man who believes the rules are only for others and that he is above playing by them. A distorted ego that has lost all perspective on the sport for whom cheating his way to victory is legitimate. That was the essence of POM and his legacy in Munster and Irish rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

That one. It showed what a flawed human being POM really is. A man of no integrity or honesty. A blatant immoral cheat in the same mold as Ben Johnson or Lance Armstrong. A man who believes the rules are only for others and that he is above playing by them. A distorted ego that has lost all perspective on the sport for whom cheating his way to victory is legitimate. That was the essence of POM and his legacy in Munster and Irish rugby.

I say, steady on.

You write like you are someone ridden with guilt. Perhaps it's yourself you really hate not POM?

Quotuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

I say, steady on.

Look at the username, TROL...l

Faugheen wrote: »

You can bitch and whine all you want but Munster lost that game fair and square.

I never said it had an affect on the outcome of the game.

I never said it had an affect on the outcome of the game.

It might have, if Munster had have been correctly penalised at every single scrum then Leinster might have gotten the deserved bonus point.

Leinster are 1 point favourites with the bookmakers. I'm a bit surprised it's not more.

• Advertisement

It might have, if Munster had have been correctly penalised at every single scrum then Leinster might have gotten the deserved bonus point.

And if Lowe didn't do his best Chris Ashton swan drive it could have been different too

And if Lowe didn't do his best Chris Ashton swan drive it could have been different too

Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dry your eyes mate.

Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa

Dry your eyes mate.

Hit a nerve a see...Let's hope it's not too windy in Limerick at the weekend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭elliot_st

to keep the score down?

no one beats Munster 5 times in row. Well apart from Leinster.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,994 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Leinster are 1 point favourites with the bookmakers. I'm a bit surprised it's not more.

if leinster go fully loaded expect to see that drift to about -4

i took -1 on that basis

No matter the weather you'll be on here having a good cry about the mean refs in short order I'm sure.

elliot_st wrote: »
    to keep the score down?

no one beats Munster 5 times in row. Well apart from Leinster.

Well Leinster have an amazing squad and better coaches, so they should be beating Munster for the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

I'm surprised Munster arent the favourites. Surely Leinster is happy to throw this game? Run a strong team against the Ulster as a run in to the ERC. Give pretty much everyone a rest this weekend. Play the third team. Switch the full bench at half time - a minutes earning exercise for academy players. I'd say Munster by 20-40 points. A win this weekend brings nothing and isnt really worth trying seriously for at all. Its a fixture that Leinster is contractually obliged to turn up for, but has no need for it. Bragging rights ? Leinster is waaaaaaay beyond that type of nonsense at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The Munster of old had complete dogs like Alan Quinlan constantly eye gouging people.

That's simply not true at all.

• Advertisement

elliot_st wrote: »
    even Munster will get lucky once or twice. could even be this weekend.

this game means more to them than Leinster, Leinster are beyond worrying about Munster on the field, whereas this is Munsters season if van graans comments are anything to go by.

Mildly interested/Gorey guy is that you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement