Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all the hard working Migrants on Xmas Day - thank you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Plenty of alternatives out there, or none at all.

Why should I let them take over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Try_harder wrote: »

I don't know how people expressing differing opinions to yourself is 'taking over'. That's a dangerous road to go down.

Anyway. Dinner is soon. Happy Christmas.

Its trying to strike a balance with all the bs posted on boards daily.

I never thought the last five years of identity politics' problems could be summed up in one sentence.

People aren't inanimate weights on a scale. You can't balance things by giving more to the group of people who went without before. You should thank everyone, including all the Irish, and all immigrants. Otherwise, it's vacuous virtue signalling and a continual divide for no reason.

Considering you're one of the most prolific posters on here who doesn't understand that, it would be a Christmas miracle if you actually heeded this and wrapped your head around how utterly backwards your methods are.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I don't know how people expressing differing opinions to yourself is 'taking over'. That's a dangerous road to go down.

Anyway. Dinner is soon. Happy Christmas.

Expressing a dangerous xenophobic hostile opinion breathes hate and mistrust

Who, the immigrants?

You love an oul' pat on the back, don't you? Fair play now Try_Harder. Have another slice of murdered mass farmed fowl and enjoy whatever environmentally damaging disposable rubbish you got as a gift you don't need. It was made by impoverished children who are forced to work to feed their family, probably, so you should make good use of it while you feel good about giving yourself a pat on the back for thanking the immigrants who work for a living....

You're just great now, aren't you? Happy Make-Believe-God's-Son's-Birthday Day. Peace and cuddles and fluffy bunnies and back slaps for everyone.

• Advertisement

I never thought the last five years of identity politics' problems could be summed up in one sentence.

People aren't inanimate weights on a scale. You can't balance things by giving more to the group of people who went without before. You should thank everyone, including all the Irish, and all immigrants. Otherwise, it's vacuous virtue signalling and a continual divide for no reason.

Considering you're one of the most prolific posters on here who doesn't understand that, it would be a Christmas miracle if you actually heeded this and wrapped your head around how utterly backwards your methods are.

So blame the hatred on me? Sure jan

JayZeus wrote: »
    Who, the immigrants?

You love an oul' pat on the back, don't you? Fair play now Try_Harder. Have another slice of murdered mass farmed fowl and enjoy whatever environmentally damaging disposable rubbish you got as a gift you don't need. It was made by impoverished children who are forced to work to feed their family, probably, so you should make good use of it while you feel good about giving yourself a pat on the back for thanking the immigrants who work for a living....

You're just great now, aren't you? Happy Make-Believe-God's-Son's-Birthday Day. Peace and cuddles and fluffy bunnies and back slaps for everyone.
    No expressing gratitude beats the hate and anger directed at them on this forum on a daily basis.

I wished holiday greetings to all mankind -
    Missed that?

As expected, I hit you with some truths and you come back with infantile shlte.

Your truth isnt the truth no matter how you dress it up

Merry Christmas everyone

• Advertisement

Your truth isnt the truth no matter how you dress it up

I literally advocated equality. Are you stupid?

No, you advocated that status quo to remain

So much for not attacking the poster... even at Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    What about the Irish people working?
    But they're evil white westerners!!

OP must try harder to virtue signal...

No, you advocated that status quo to remain
    That is an outright lie. I even said the proper way to do it is to thank all, and mention both Irish and immigrants.
    So much for not attacking the poster... even at Xmas
    I will be a particular arsehole at Christmas, especially with someone who pretents to be virtuous but decries attempts at equality as maintaining the status quo.

This isn't just about your post today by the way. This is your approach to every topic about society. There's an historical scale that all living people benefit from apparently.

That is an outright lie. I even said the proper way to do it is to thank all, and mention both Irish and immigrants.

I will be a particular arsehole at Christmas, especially with someone who pretents to be virtuous but decries attempts at equality as maintaining the status quo.

This isn't just about your post today by the way. This is your approach to every topic about society. There's an historical scale that all living people benefit from apparently.

I thanked Irish workers twice you must have missed that, but your resorted to cheap insults and name calling perhaps to busy to notice

I thanked Irish workers twice you must have missed that, but your resorted to cheap insults and name calling perhaps to busy to notice

Q1mwpG6.png

Sure you did. Merry Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yad swear they were working for charity. Probably getting paid triple time.

I've work friends working today, soldiers. For a 24 hour duty they're getting the princely sum of €20, not per hour ~ for the entire 24hours.

We've troops serving in various parts of Africa, Lebanon, Syria, Afghanistan etc ~ Thank you guys, been there, done that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Im very relaxed. Xmas is about spreading love and joy and peace to all mankind after all
    Missed that?
    Bit sexist. What about woman? Showing your male privilege there :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

inbeforethelock3zd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Someone got a piece of coal from Santa. :D
    Have a drink and get laid ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Last minute Christmas present sorted

article-2090012-11660E68000005DC-676_306x423.jpg

Missed that?

Is it too early for a little bit of GFY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Missed that?

And what about the women............ a racist and a sexist :mad::mad:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Edgware wrote: »
    What type of "toys" exactly?

Electric Digger
    Thomas the Tank Engine

Electric Chainsaw Dildo

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

Electric Digger
    Thomas the Tank Engine

Electric Chainsaw Dildo

Ha, I got herself a two stroke kick start one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

What happens when you mention migrants on AH

anigif_enhanced-941-1403708331-12.gif

To all the hard working Migrants on Xmas Day - thank you
    To all the hard-working Paddys who built up England - thank you. Subtext: Those lazy English bastards would be lost without you.

Yeah, that's about the jist of this stupidity. You could have just thanked everybody, but you chose to make some affected right-on ráiméis point. I once worked any Christmas Day I was offered as it was better money. And i got quadruple pay for working overnight in NYE 1999/2000. Why I deserve special thanks for that I don't know - but it seems clear from this thread title that I don't actually deserve special thanks at all. Why? Because I'm not a "migrant". Jesus. How to oppose discrimination by supporting it. Embarrassing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Thinly veiled multiculturalism-is-great thread.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

DS86DS wrote: »
    Thinly veiled multiculturalism-is-great thread.

Youre saying its not?

Advertisement