Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k PARROT ANAFI drone 279 in Currys

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Love it so far, it is my first drone so I do not have a comparison but like most things about it.

One thing I have been a bit wary of is the range of the wifi. It seems to indicate a low or weak signal quite quickly. This happened last week and again today when I was only 150M or so away. Makes me nervous from exploring further afield, particularly today as it was over water for a period.

Any footage to share? :) It will return to home if it loses connection anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

500 euro plus 20 shipping on amazon.it for anyone interested

https://www.amazon.it/Parrot-Anafi-Videocamera-Gimbal-Inclinazione/dp/B07D5R2JKL/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

scottigael wrote: »
    500 euro plus 20 shipping on amazon.it for anyone interested

https://www.amazon.it/Parrot-Anafi-Videocamera-Gimbal-Inclinazione/dp/B07D5R2JKL/

It's a good price, Amazon Spain is the same, yet it is £550 on Amazon UK. I'm going to buy it, but will wait for it to reduce on the UK site , as I have a shed load on their giftcards. If I wait until after Brexit, I could be paying a whole lot more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How do people store/share their videos? Approx 13mins off footage fills the 16gb memory card. Ideally I would like to be able to film and them send the videos via whatsapp. Or do people just upload in the highest resolution to YouTube and then share the link?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

JJayoo wrote: »
    How do people store/share their videos? Approx 13mins off footage fills the 16gb memory card. Ideally I would like to be able to film and them send the videos via whatsapp. Or do people just upload in the highest resolution to YouTube and then share the link?

Same way as video on a phone, just without the net connectivity. Hook up the cable from drone to PC or laptop, copy the files, then wipe from the drone. Rinse and repeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

delly wrote: »
    It's a good price, Amazon Spain is the same, yet it is £550 on Amazon UK. I'm going to buy it, but will wait for it to reduce on the UK site , as I have a shed load on their giftcards. If I wait until after Brexit, I could be paying a whole lot more!

It was about £440/420 back in December when this thread was opened, it's risen in the past month think what started the price rise was parrots announcement they are pulling out of the consumer drone market.

scottigael wrote: »
    It was about £440/420 back in December when this thread was opened, it's risen in the past month think what started the price rise was parrots announcement they are pulling out of the consumer drone market.

Yeah, if anything I thought that would have the opposite effect, as the other Amazon sites have shown. I'll just be on the refresh button each day, hoping it will go down again. There is a UK seller that has it for £450, but does not have the best rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

JJayoo wrote: »
    delly wrote: »
    Same way as video on a phone, just without the net connectivity. Hook up the cable from drone to PC or laptop, copy the files, then wipe from the drone. Rinse and repeat.

delly, I think JJayoo is talking about sharing them with someone else rather than just sharing them from your drone to your own phone or pc.

I am using free software called Shot Cut to do some editing and mixing and then exporting as a .webm file as it significantly reduces the file size. It does of course reduce the quality of the video also.

If someone has any tips or tricks in this respect, I would like to hear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I took my anafi out on its maiden voyage while on holidays. I was getting an SD card error. Formatted the card, now it's not seeing it at all.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I took my anafi out on its maiden voyage while on holidays. I was getting an SD card error. Formatted the card, now it's not seeing it at all.

Have you formatted it in the correct format?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

What SD card are you using?

There is a known issue with SD cards 64gb and over, could be this or something completely different. Just make sure you format it on the Anafi and not on your PC etc.

Since this thread has come back up, link below to my Anafi videos I've put up since I got it. Don't forget to subscribe, as the big YouTube peeps say!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8T74AYsYIO_ftk1UcjpMRJf3OhtAsOSW

Advertisement