Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k PARROT ANAFI drone 279 in Currys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 czekmen1983

Info about all orders cancelled i received through messenger Pm.
    Thats first email:
    Thank you for your email dated 27th December 2018.

I am sorry to learn the issues that you have raised in regards to your online order being cancelled. As it is stated in our terms and conditions in regards to your contract after the order was placed, "Sometimes we have to hold our hands up and admit we have made a mistake by unintentionally publishing inaccurate information on the site (e.g. the price, description or availability of a product you have ordered). In this instance we may have to cancel your order at any time, even if you have received your Order Confirmation email, and you will receive a full refund of any charges already paid. Refunds can take up to 5 working days to appear back into your account."

You can find a copy of our terms and conditions at the link below,
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/terms-and-conditions-1044-theme.html

By making a purchase with us, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions that are set in place by the company and one of them is the information provided. It is the customers responsibility to review this information before making a purchase with us.

We have noted that you are considering to seek legal advice. If you wish to do this, you will need your legal representative to write to our legal team to the following address below.

And there is second one where they changed their minds for reason to cancel order: out of stock
    Thank you for the email dated 28th December 2018.

Whilst I do appreciate your frustration on the matter, we would not be able to comment for other orders for the same item that either have or haven't been fulfilled.

If the store had the item in stock then the purchase would have been made from there, unfortunately as we were not able to fulfil your order due to the stock at our warehouse. I am only able to reiterate what my colleague has advised previously, all the information is stated on our terms and conditions on our website.

Thank you for taking the time to contact Team Knowhow and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Dude, let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They are auto responses.
    You've absolutely no legal leg to stand on here. They're completely covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

screen-shot-2017-08-29-at-12-01-21-am.png?w=535

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭xabi

phill106 wrote: »
    screen-shot-2017-08-29-at-12-01-21-am.png?w=535

I hear Curry’s have bridges discounted, they seem cheap, possibly as misprice, get in there before they notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Some of the posts in this thread are embarrassing.

Maybe 2019 is the year to say " if you've nothing positive to contribute, say nothing"
    No need to kick someone when their down. Also no need to add insult to injury by thanking a needless comment.

Happy New year to all in bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I see that the Anafi SE is available for €700 in Harvey Norman. The standard edition is €549 there so for an extra €150 you're getting a case and 2 extra batteries and 2 months membership to Adobe software (unknown value).

I am flip/flopping quite a bit on pulling the trigger or not on this. Love the idea of it but also concerned that it might be a toy for 2 half days and then sit on a shelf.

Anyone have any opinion on the practicalities of having a drone? How often do you use it? Is it worth it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I see that the Anafi SE is available for €700 in Harvey Norman. The standard edition is €549 there so for an extra €150 you're getting a case and 2 extra batteries and 2 months membership to Adobe software (unknown value).

I am flip/flopping quite a bit on pulling the trigger or not on this. Love the idea of it but also concerned that it might be a toy for 2 half days and then sit on a shelf.

Anyone have any opinion on the practicalities of having a drone? How often do you use it? Is it worth it?

I was in your position for some time and eventually got one over the summer. I had originally planned on a DJI spark, but felt the return for €700 at the time wasn't worth it, as some DJI models have built in restrictions that really shorten how far you can go with it.

In the end I went with another Parrot drone called the Disco, which is a fixed wing drone and very different from the standard quadcopter drones. I had originally seen the drone as a good tool for taking pictures, but as I got used to it, the actual fun of flying was what has kept me coming back to it. I was down at my local beech a few days ago for a quick blast and it was great craic. I got a good deal on Amazon warehouse for £300, so it has been a very economical investment for the enjoyment it gives.

In terms of it being something that you might use a few times and then sit on the shelf, is probably something you can only answer, but they can always be sold on. If I was looking for another quad drone, I would also give serious consideration to the Anafi.

Link to my YouTube channel in case you're interested.
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjNXAk6PfsV2pchG8LivuHw/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    In two minds to get a drone or not, big into photography and a drone seems to a good investment for me and I already see a number of other local photographers using them the only thing is ease of use and I certainly don’t want to be investing up to a grand and losing it.
    Great advice of what models and prices here.
    Are they easy to operate ? And what features should I be looking for to make using it a bit more simpler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Are second hand drones worth a punt?

I am looking at a used phantom 3 on ebay. It seems to have been well cared for, original packaging, but without knowing the amount off hours the drone has clocked up is it best to steer clear?

Cheapest phantom 3 I can find online is coming in over 600euro.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Nothing wrong with a second hand drone, but I'd want to see it and test in person first. I would not go with a Phantom 3 however, it was premium at release, so second hand prices now are close to what you would pay for a new Anafi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

JJayoo wrote: »

There are several 3’s. The only one I think available new is the SE model - which is very capable.
    The original 3S hovever is a bit old now unless you get a very good deal on it i hold out for a more recent one or other drone - the return to home and obsticle avoidance has improved since the 3s.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

JJayoo wrote:

delly wrote:
    Nothing wrong with a second hand drone, but I'd want to see it and test in person first. I would not go with a Phantom 3 however, it was premium at release, so second hand prices now are close to what you would pay for a new Anafi.

ozmo wrote:
    There are several 3’s. The only one I think available new is the SE model - which is very capable. The original 3S hovever is a bit old now unless you get a very good deal on it i hold out for a more recent one or other drone - the return to home and obsticle avoidance has improved since the 3s.

Already said the p3se was 400euro a year ago. If you want to buy an old drone for 200 more than it's worth, do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

delly wrote: »

In fact, I saw a brand new Anafi sell on ebay a few days ago for £390!

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Parrot-Anafi-Brand-New-In-Factory-Sealed-box/283288165662?hash=item41f54a5d1e:g:U-oAAOSw3-9cKcVH

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I stay away from any second hand thing that has a battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ted1 wrote: »
    I stay away from any second hand thing that has a battery.

You only purchase brand new motors so?

No recession in your house:pac:

No recession in your house

This is a thread about a portable flying 4k camera, doesn't sound like there's a recession in anybody's house :)

Is a £150 saving enough to justify EBay? Possibly no warranty and effectively buying unseen.

The Phantom 3 I was looking at comes with 3 batteries, but this means that the drone has seen a lot of flying hours.

I have been given the task of buying a drone for approx 500euro and it's doing my tits in.

• Advertisement

https://www.mequedouno.com/tech/detail/184983/?utm_source=merchants&utm_campaign=MQT&utm_medium=sem&lang=en_IE&nltrid=55943944&nlcid=876554258&nlsrcid=74

Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with this company before

Parrot Anafi Drone 4K + Skycontroller 3
    For 498, considerably cheaper than any other site I can find.

A quick snoop on Facebook says it all (with help from the built in translation), stay well away.

https://m.facebook.com/mequedouno/photos/a.10150631692208364/10156035807533364/?type=3&anchor_composer=false

A quick snoop on Facebook says it all (with help from the built in translation), stay well away.

https://m.facebook.com/mequedouno/photos/a.10150631692208364/10156035807533364/?type=3&anchor_composer=false

Thanks for the feedback Delly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.mequedouno.com/tech/detail/184983/?utm_source=merchants&utm_campaign=MQT&utm_medium=sem&lang=en_IE&nltrid=55943944&nlcid=876554258&nlsrcid=74

Just wondering if anyone has ever dealt with this company before

Parrot Anafi Drone 4K + Skycontroller 3
    For 498, considerably cheaper than any other site I can find.

It's £450 here delivered to PW/PM/AP/PC That was €491 earlier but is now €508

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07D5R2JKL/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Suckit wrote:
    It's £450 here delivered to PW/PM/AP/PC That was €491 earlier but is now €508

It's not 279e though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

tedpan wrote: »
    It's not 279e though :(

No.. True.. Unlikely to get at that price again for another year or so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got mine for £438.

Ended up getting it from Currys for 600.

Have flown it a few times but the weather has been pretty piss poor. I need to figure out how to record directly to my phone so I can send the videos using WhatsApp.

If the weather is half decent I might post a video at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Ended up getting it from Currys for 600.

Have flown it a few times but the weather has been pretty piss poor. I need to figure out how to record directly to my phone so I can send the videos using WhatsApp.

If the weather is half decent I might post a video at the weekend

Always found early morning best time for flying this time of year. Less/ no wind

• Advertisement

I went ahead and purchased the Anafi for myself.

Love it so far, it is my first drone so I do not have a comparison but like most things about it.

One thing I have been a bit wary of is the range of the wifi. It seems to indicate a low or weak signal quite quickly. This happened last week and again today when I was only 150M or so away. Makes me nervous from exploring further afield, particularly today as it was over water for a period.

Advertisement