Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf – A Werewolf Christmas Carol FEEDBACK THREAD

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Drumpot wrote: »
    I was loving the game until I crossed the line with the spell. It ruined it for me because I really wasn’t trying to be cheeky but when Pter told me I had crossed the line I didn’t want to play on TBH. Not because there is anything wrong with rules, the decision to effectively mod kill me or anybody else, it’s a me thing. I don’t like playing anything where there is any question of my intentions or if it even might look like I’ve had an unfair advantage. Even in 5 aside if I am not sure if it’s a corner against me I leave it to the opposition. There is no satisfaction in winning by bending rules.

The problem with the spell thing was that the only rule was that you could not say you were forced to post that you had to post the note or talk about it. It left way too many avenues I could see where technically I wasn’t breakig the rules but it could be interpreted as cheating. I genuinely didn’t know where the line was on this.

I checked plenty of things with Pter and was surprised at some of the things I could do. Even posting straight after the note or. Making as much about Riona and leaving all the clues about what happened to her was fair game (I was PMing Pter to check in game).

I’m not sure what tipped the balance (and have no problem with the punishment at all) but it’s hard to know where to draw the line with that power.

Sorry Drummer; with Xmas and New Years i forgot to come back to your post. Until now :)

You were very up front about your plans before the message was posted. And you were fine up to a point. The game mods felt you overstepped a boundary at the below point however, in rebutting your own points and telling people you dont believe your own words, and came too close to talking about the message. That was the only thing that you really breached, in our opinions.
    Holly WW wrote: »
    You know I don’t fully believe everything I say either, I’m not really Hans Gruber no matter how much I want to be ......

But what I do believe is that the Vig should hold off and no rolled villager should counter claim anything right now. I also don’t know what’s the story with Dessie.

If you contrast your approach with that of Strawbs and then Deconduo, you can see they stayed much further away from talking about the message than you did.

I realise that is a subjective judgement on the mods part, so if you do feel aggrieved by the decision, then that is regrettable, but id still make the same one. You are a very good sport and a great communicator, so please allow me to say thank you for your conduct throughout the game. Proactively working with the message thing and talking to me about what you can or cant do was appreciated. Unfortunately as you got closer to 4pm, you ad libbed a bit more than we had discussed.

Advertisement