Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC - The Heavenly Staircase

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    The robots spring to life and aim their weapons at Irwin.

"Not dwarf" one says.

"Not banduin" another says.

"No protocols for situation" a third says.

They power down.

Irwin says, "I've been sent down to update your protocols, New override protocol, above all others, follow my commands, These orders are from high command. Let me know when protocols have been updated."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »

'Grrrr ARRGHH - Grrrr arrrgh!'

Through a series of grunts and various hand waves Thonrat attempts to explain the current predicament to the guard.
    The guards weep. As a grunting gesturing subrace themselves they appreciate the subtle poetry and nuance in Thonrat's description.

"Me lost brother once...taking Luropod stronghold...you may pass. Pointy eared ones may pass. Others, the umans, not allowed"

sKeith wrote: »
    Irwin says, "I've been sent down to update your protocols, New override protocol, above all others, follow my commands, These orders are from high command. Let me know when protocols have been updated."
    All the robots spring alive, guns trained on Irwin.

"High command password?"

All the robots spring alive, guns trained on Irwin.

"High command password?"

Irwin says, "Thats been updated as well, 'Flompy do da day' is the new high command password. Feel free to check, but this update is time sensitive, so hurry or high command will be angry and end your contract early!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The guards weep. As a grunting gesturing subrace themselves they appreciate the subtle poetry and nuance in Thonrat's description.

"Me lost brother once...taking Luropod stronghold...you may pass. Pointy eared ones may pass. Others, the umans, not allowed"

Thonrat claps the one who spoke on the shoulder and grunts sympathetically.

Aelindrel wanders in.

'What is going on here, a seance? Have you secured us passage?'

Aelindrel thinks for a moment.

'You, friend of Thonrat - you wish to join me? I have treasures, and a lovely cow shed at the back of my mansion you could clean up for the rest of your life if you aid my quest.'

• Advertisement

Irwin says, "Thats been updated as well, 'Flompy do da day' is the new high command password. Feel free to check, but this update is time sensitive, so hurry or high command will be angry and end your contract early!"
    The robots cogitate on this.

"Time sensitivity logical, altering protocols. Slaved to human present"

The robots march out with Irwin.

OOC: You of course succeeded on the Luck roll

'You, friend of Thonrat - you wish to join me? I have treasures, and a lovely cow shed at the back of my mansion you could clean up for the rest of your life if you aid my quest.'
    "Banduin serve Bandu and leaders...leave now"

He gestures to the exit to the North and lowers the red energy field by pointing a finger at it.

The robots cogitate on this.

"Time sensitivity logical, altering protocols. Slaved to human present"

The robots march out with Irwin.

OOC: You of course succeeded on the Luck roll

Irwin says "Very good, remove all old protocols relating to banduin and dwarves"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He gestures to the exit to the North and lowers the red energy field by pointing a finger at it.

Aelrinden sniffs again.

'Fine. Have it your way. You're missing out though. Come, Thonrat.'

Aelrindel turns and makes for the door.

Thonrat grunts a number of times, pointing at Aelrindel. He waves goodbye, flashing his ring at the closest guard and then follows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Farris raises an eyebrow at this and takes note of which finger, muttering "boy, run along downstairs and grab us a few hands...."

• Advertisement

Irwin says "Very good, remove all old protocols relating to banduin and dwarves"
    A quick melody of bleeps and blorps follow.

"Done" they all intone.

Banjo wrote: »
    Farris raises an eyebrow at this and takes note of which finger, muttering "boy, run along downstairs and grab us a few hands...."
    Pip returns with six Warrior hands.

The Warriors themselves don't seem bothered by this.

Aelrinden sniffs again.

'Fine. Have it your way. You're missing out though. Come, Thonrat.'

Aelrindel turns and makes for the door.

Thonrat grunts a number of times, pointing at Aelrindel. He waves goodbye, flashing his ring at the closest guard and then follows.
    They enter a large room with almost plastic looking brown walls, though with mundane contents. Boxes and boxes of choral stew that the shaman classes crave. As far as anybody knows it's all they eat. Some vials of Golud spit lie nearby for flavouring.

An exit with a purple energy field lies to the North.

A quick melody of bleeps and blorps follow.

"Done" they all intone.

Irwin shows the robots to the other nerosians, the dwarf and the woman "This is new high command, follow their orders too."

Templeton says, "Now, blast that insect horse over their eating my comrade."

They enter a large room with almost plastic looking brown walls, though with mundane contents. Boxes and boxes of choral stew that the shaman classes crave. As far as anybody knows it's all they eat. Some vials of Golud spit lie nearby for flavouring.

An exit with a purple energy field lies to the North.

Thonrat takes the lead again, and picks up a vial of Golud spit. He uncorks it and throws it at the purple energy field from what he adjudges to be a fair distance from it.

Irwin shows the robots to the other nerosians, the dwarf and the woman "This is new high command, follow their orders too."

"Now, blast that insect horse over their eating my comrade."
    "By your command"

The robots unfurl their laser guns and blast the Archonoid into nothing.

Thonrat takes the lead again, and picks up a vial of Golud spit. He uncorks it and throws it at the purple energy field from what he adjudges to be a fair distance from it.
    The spit is vapourised on contact.

The spit is vapourised on contact.

Thonrat points at the purple field and grunts to Aelrindel.

'Yes, yes, vaporisation. Quaint. Well, what are you waiting for? Find a way through!'

Thonrat grunts and searches the room thoroughly, taking care to avoid contact with the purple energy.

Thonrat points at the purple field and grunts to Aelrindel.

'Yes, yes, vaporisation. Quaint. Well, what are you waiting for? Find a way through!'

Thonrat grunts and searches the room thoroughly, taking care to avoid contact with the purple energy.
    All he finds are containers for spit and stew, nothing that would obviously help with the opening the purple field.

All he finds are containers for spit and stew, nothing that would obviously help with the opening the purple field.

Thonrat decides to mix the spit into the stew and throw it at the energy field.

• Advertisement

Templeton smashes the gem above the eastern door.

Thonrat decides to mix the spit into the stew and throw it at the energy field.
    A little sparkle rushes over the mixture and on contact with the purple field, the latter retracts quickly letting the fluid through before closing again.

Templeton smashes the gem above the eastern door.
    The energy field goes down. The guards within grit their teeth and go to rush Templeton, but stop on seeing the robots.

"Sorry yiz humies can pass"

A little sparkle rushes over the mixture and on contact with the purple field, the latter retracts quickly letting the fluid through before closing again.

Thonrat pours another mixture over himself and gestures to Aelendril.

'What? That's disgusti...oh? Very well. But the cleaning is coming out of your pay!'

Aelendril allows Thonrat to pour a mixture over him and they tentatively try to walk through the barrier. Thonrat steps back briefly without Aelendril noticing, making the elf touch the barrier first.

Thonrat pours another mixture over himself and gestures to Aelendril.

'What? That's disgusti...oh? Very well. But the cleaning is coming out of your pay!'

Aelendril allows Thonrat to pour a mixture over him and they tentatively try to walk through the barrier. Thonrat steps back briefly without Aelendril noticing, making the elf touch the barrier first.
    Luckily the barrier indeed retracts and both pass through.

Beyond is a set of stairs leading up.

Luckily the barrier indeed retracts and both pass through.

Beyond is a set of stairs leading up.

Thonrat double steps and catches pace with Aelindril. He checks the stairs for danger and the two proceed cautiously upwards.

Thonrat double steps and catches pace with Aelindril. He checks the stairs for danger and the two proceed cautiously upwards.
    Up the stairs they arrive in a metallic room with a transluscent black energy field on its NorthWest wall covered with wards.

Through the wall they see what are known as Zhadar's bees, in fact a fully developed colony. Used in Madania to enhance magic users. They burrow under the skin and a colony develops. They increase the potency of many spells, but the user is slowly converted to a walking beehive. However they retain their will and independence and gain extended lifespans, so for some it is worth it. The room is covered with Banduin murals as is typical and a decayed honey leaking corpse lies in the middle of the room. The Banduin seem to have sealed it.

On the NorthEast wall is a simple arch leading out to a corridor running North-South.

The Nerosian group pass thru the guard room.

Up the stairs they arrive in a metallic room with a transluscent black energy field on its NorthWest wall covered with wards.

Through the wall they see what are known as Zhadar's bees, in fact a fully developed colony. Used in Madania to enhance magic users. They burrow under the skin and a colony develops. They increase the potency of many spells, but the user is slowly converted to a walking beehive. However they retain their will and independence and gain extended lifespans, so for some it is worth it. The room is covered with Banduin murals as is typical and a decayed honey leaking corpse lies in the middle of the room. The Banduin seem to have sealed it.

On the NorthEast wall is a simple arch leading out to a corridor running North-South.

'Ugh - I hate bees! Thonrat, let's push on - I don't want anything to do with them!'

Thonrat grunts in approval and they head NorthEast to the arch, stopping to check for any traps in the arch.

• Advertisement

The Nerosian group pass thru the guard room.
    They arrive in the room with the choral stew and the Golud spit in crates and containers.

The purple energy field lies on the rooms East wall.

Advertisement