Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC - The Heavenly Staircase

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Ristan passes his hand through a few times, giggles and walks through. The others follow if he doesn't explode
    The secret passage leads to a hidden study chamber. It seems the shamans were attempting to understand the elven intrinsic ability with magic from the diagrams of the elves physiology, the slightly golden blood samples and from a cursory read of scrolls containing interviews, recorded in Elvish, with the learned one.

Also in the room is a tome the learned one had prepared for his next student. From the symbols on the cover it seems to have been a patroned book (OOC: A character with this who chooses to be a wizard or is an elf automatically gets a magical patron at level 1)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thonrat wanders back out and has a final search of the shark guts for anything interesting. Then he wanders over and examines the door he made explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Irwin pops out a sharks eye and and takes a bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Quentanaa has Ristan pass her the book, then casts an eye over the interview scrolls and frowns. She whispers in Ristan ear. Returning to the old elf, she holds the book up and waves it.

Necro wrote: »
    Thonrat wanders back out and has a final search of the shark guts for anything interesting. Then he wanders over and examines the door he made explode.
    Finding little extra of interest on the shark, he wanders into the room that contained the sharks's now broken sand tank.

Through two sets of windows, one East and one West he can see the adjacent rooms.

The one to the East has three of the warrior caste stand within the room, observing the stable nervously. A human slave, possibly from Othegratia given the external spine, serves them a purple fluid. The room itself is barebones, some rock chairs and a table. Little else.

The one to the West seems to have a pile of thin humanoids of some form standing perfectly still. Though there is a slight frost over the window making it difficult to see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Finding little extra of interest on the shark, he wanders into the room that contained the sharks's now broken sand tank.

Through two sets of windows, one East and one West he can see the adjacent rooms.

The one to the East has three of the warrior caste stand within the room, observing the stable nervously. A human slave, possibly from Othegratia given the external spine, serves them a purple fluid. The room itself is barebones, some rock chairs and a table. Little else.

The one to the West seems to have a pile of thin humanoids of some form standing perfectly still. Though there is a slight frost over the window making it difficult to see.

Thonrat heads to the East and tries to get a closer look without being seen.

Quentanaa has Ristan pass her the book, then casts an eye over the interview scrolls and frowns. She whispers in Ristan ear. Returning to the old elf, she holds the book up and waves it.
    On entering Ristan's hands the book glows slightly and simply says in Elvish "Not worthy", on being handed to Quentanaa however it glows and states "Worthy!"

A flash from the cover injects massive amounts of magical knowledge into Quentanaa's brain. A human would go mad from the process, but Elves have a natural affinity for the magical arts, to Quentanaa it is simply a skill she never learned. Her mind starts ruminating over the information.

When she returns to the elderly elf he smiles.

"Thank you, use it well, in time if you make, resurrect me so I may die in a more appropriate place."

His body glows and turns to dust, some of it settling on the book and embedding itself with a spell.

Thonrat heads to the East and tries to get a closer look without being seen.
    Not being able to get a better view from the window, Thonrat sneaks out of the shark tank room and edges near the blue energy field covering the room with the guards. He can now see there are in fact four guards and the room has Exits with red energy lead North and East.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"well, that saves you killing him, eh oaf? Here, " she scoops up some dust, "make a wish!" She blows it in the elf's face. The group follow into the shark room.

sKeith wrote: »
    Irwin pops out a sharks eye and and takes a bite.
    OOC: Sorry missed this

It tastes pretty good truth told, but has little other effects.

• Advertisement

"well, that saves you killing him, eh oaf? Here, " she scoops up some dust, "make a wish!" She blows it in the elf's face. The group follow into the shark room.
    They see Thonrat coming out and taking a look in the guard room. The blue energy fields are opaque until approached closely, so they are able to come at them from the side like Thonrat and see in.

They notice the same things as Thonrat.

Aelrindel snarls after the elf who blew dust in his face.

'I'll have you know magic is better used by slaves for tricks! I didn't want that book anyways!'

He looks around.

'What are we doing now anyways, standing around? Thonrat, get that door open dammit!'

Thonrat looks at the other groups out of Aelrindel's eyeline and rolls his eyes.

He points to the ring that Aelrindel is holding.

'Oh - this? Well... I suppose...'

Aelrindel puts on the ring.

OOC: Sorry missed this

It tastes pretty good truth told, but has little other effects.

Irwin devours the rest of the eye, and looks to see if the are any anrcanoids left alive and how their meat supply is doing.

Irwin devours the rest of the eye, and looks to see if the are any anrcanoids left alive and how their meat supply is doing.
    Most ran from the shark and seem to have scampered off downstairs. One however remains content nibbling on Zack.

'Oh - this? Well... I suppose...'

Aelrindel puts on the ring.
    He places the ring on his finger, but nothing seems to happen and it is too wide to fit properly on any finger decently.

OOC: would zacks longsword be suitable for the woman who is swordless (Corsiana)?

He places the ring on his finger, but nothing seems to happen and it is too wide to fit properly on any finger decently.

Thonrat shuffles over and puts his hand out.

'You? Take my ring? Oh very well - just no explosive sharks again, or I'll have to start paying that lot to guard me.'

He hands Thonrat the ring, who slips it on his finger.

OOC: would zacks longsword be suitable for the woman who is swordless (Corsiana)?
    OOC: Yes

Templeton approaches Corsiana, "Pardon me miss, but my fallen comrad over there, currently being eaten by that insect horse has a longsword that i do not think he would at all mind you using until you find your precious. If you dont mind getting close to the insect horse, you should be able to relieve him of it."

Thonrat shuffles over and puts his hand out.

'You? Take my ring? Oh very well - just no explosive sharks again, or I'll have to start paying that lot to guard me.'

He hands Thonrat the ring, who slips it on his finger.
    Thonrat places the ring on his finger, it constricts and draws blood, but it feels right. He feels...better.

OOC: +2HP while wearing the ring (will scale with level), however you might be geasa-ed into performing deeds to help other dwarves. Dwarves don't have clerics anymore, going back to the old ways, so you don't have to serve Bandylegs

• Advertisement

Thonrat places the ring on his finger, it constricts and draws blood, but it feels right. He feels...better.

OOC: +2HP while wearing the ring (will scale with level), however you might be geasa-ed into performing deeds to help other dwarves. Dwarves don't have clerics anymore, going back to the old ways, so you don't have to serve Bandylegs

Feeling embibed, Thonrat looks for any rubble around the room to throw at the window.

Templeton approaches Corsiana, "Pardon me miss, but my fallen comrad over there, currently being eaten by that insect horse has a longsword that i do not think he would at all mind you using until you find your precious. If you dont mind getting close to the insect horse, you should be able to relieve him of it."
    Corsiana smiles a broad grin, runs over and draws the sword from Zack's corpse.

"Let's kick some ass!" she roars.

OOC: Now part of sKeith's group

Feeling embibed, Thonrat looks for any rubble around the room to throw at the window.
    He finds the rubble easily enough, tossing it at the window in the shark tank room smashes it exposing a way into the guard room. The guards turn and make shooing gestures at him.

Irwin tries to open the western of the red doors.

Irwin tries to open the western of the red doors.
    Using the gem smashing method from before he gets inside easily enough. Within are Eight Robots. The strange thin automata the Banduin use against the dwarves. For some reason they never use their own men in fighting the dwarves.
    A window shows the next room (OOC: The shark tank room) and an exit leads back out to the stable.

Irwin says to the robots, "Goodday fellors, want to go on a walk about?"

He finds the rubble easily enough, tossing it at the window in the shark tank room smashes it exposing a way into the guard room. The guards turn and make shooing gestures at him.

Thonrat waves back and grunts, walking towards the window.

Irwin says to the robots, "Goodday fellors, want to go on a walk about?"
    The robots spring to life and aim their weapons at Irwin.

"Not dwarf" one says.

"Not banduin" another says.

"No protocols for situation" a third says.

They power down.

Thonrat waves back and grunts, walking towards the window.
    Climbing through the window into the guard room, one of the guards walks up to him.

"Come...what purpose?"

• Advertisement

Climbing through the window into the guard room, one of the guards walks up to him.

"Come...what purpose?"

'Grrrr ARRGHH - Grrrr arrrgh!'

Through a series of grunts and various hand waves Thonrat attempts to explain the current predicament to the guard.

Advertisement