Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC - The Heavenly Staircase

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necro wrote: »
    Thonrat heads North, again checking for danger.
    He enters the room to the North with no problems.

The room is once again full of various murals, however it has a black ceiling. There are no chairs or tables, but five floating spheres hold magical items captured from the Triumvirate. They float above plinths with notes written on each plinth's malleable surface, the strange sand sponge many Banduin objects are made of. A ring of Bandiolg (OOC: Bandylegs's name now worn down by centuries), two scrolls with unknown spells, a strange black palm sized box and a potion of vitality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

(following Nerosians . Insert infighting here)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    He enters the room to the North with no problems.

The room is once again full of various murals, however it has a black ceiling. There are no chairs or tables, but five floating spheres hold magical items captured from the Triumvirate. They float above plinths with notes written on each plinth's malleable surface, the strange sand sponge many Banduin objects are made of. A ring of Bandiolg (OOC: Bandylegs's name now worn down by centuries), two scrolls with unknown spells, a strange black palm sized box and a potion of vitality.

Thonrat examines the notes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Aelindrel follows Thonrat to the west. He though, gets lost and heads South instead of North

Thonrat examines the notes.
    The notes are in Banduin and completely unreadable.

• Advertisement

Aelindrel follows Thonrat to the west. He though, gets lost and heads South instead of North
    The room to the South contains a single scroll placed in front of four kneeling mats. The mats face a mural showing the Banduin goddess of magic. She seems to be a member of the shamanic class, but the size of a mountain. Extensive writing on the ground reveals they were studying the scroll. Though the writing is of that strange magical mix of mathematics and philosophy typical to scrolls the underlying language is clearly from Zassan.

The notes are in Banduin and completely unreadable.

Thonrat shrugs, backs out of the room and throws his club at one of the floating orbs, diving for the cover of the door as he does so.

"lad, give us the sword!"
    Farris runs back downstairs and tries to carve a few chunks off the warriors to feed to the insectoids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The room through the arch is quite wide, basically circular in shape about a 150' across.
    A bunch of Banduin Archonoids wander about picking at various bits of meat left on the grassy ground. The herbivorous Goluds stumble about as well munching on some grass.
    Across the way, on the other side of the room are three doors with a red filament of energy covering them. More nearby, close to the arch they stand at, is a blue energy covered door.
    Templeton enters the blue door.

Thonrat shrugs, backs out of the room and throws his club at one of the floating orbs, diving for the cover of the door as he does so.
    The orb shatters and the health potion falls to the ground undamaged.

• Advertisement

The orb shatters and the health potion falls to the ground undamaged.

Thonrat cautiously attempts to enter the room again, one foot crossing the threshold.

OOC: If he can reach his club he'll throw it at the orb with the ring next.

Banjo wrote: »
    "lad, give us the sword!"
    Farris runs back downstairs and tries to carve a few chunks off the warriors to feed to the insectoids
    sKeith wrote:
    Templeton enters the blue door.
    The Archonoids begin to rush Templeton, but stop suddenly on smelling warrior meat coming up the stairs. They dig into the pieces offered to them.

Pushing into the blue door Templeton finds himself in a corridor. On the side facing him are three red filament doors with prisoners behind them. A dwarf, a woman from Bandyton by her clothing and an old sickly elf.

Thonrat cautiously attempts to enter the room again, one foot crossing the threshold.

OOC: If he can reach his club he'll throw it at the orb with the ring next.
    Proceeding in this fashion Thonrat obtains all the items in the room in quick order.

The Archonoids begin to rush Templeton, but stop suddenly on smelling warrior meat coming up the stairs. They dig into the pieces offered to them.

Pushing into the blue door Templeton finds himself in a corridor. On the side facing him are three red filament doors with prisoners behind them. A dwarf, a woman from Bandyton by her clothing and an old sickly elf.

"Hello folks, what you doing in here?"

Thonrat examines the scrolls, pockets the potion and brings the ring in search of Aelindril

Thonrat examines the scrolls, pockets the potion and brings the ring in search of Aelindril
    Thonrat can actually make out the spell on the scroll due to his familiarity with the language of Bandyton, it seems to be for a projectile of eldritch energy. The spell is expressed in a form of gestures and incantations to copy and the energy to power it is loaded into the scroll giving it a glow, so he can attempt to cast it. Of course as the spell is standard and the gestures not modified to suit the situation, it cannot reach the power of a Wizard's spell.

He joins Aelindril in the South room quick enough.

sKeith wrote: »
    "Hello folks, what you doing in here?"
    The elf merely coughs loudly.

The dwarf rages. "I'm ere to give these bloody moon bastards a taste o' me axe, for burnin' me jewels. Those bleedin' metal men of theirs melted down me clan forge. A tale of revenge I tell ye, a mighty one at that. Pity I never finished me trainin'

The woman seethes.

"I was here to remove the gem, but I was captured. My sword was taken from me, I must claim it and slay the shaman who resides here for the sake of Bandyton"

Thonrat can actually make out the spell on the scroll due to his familiarity with the language of Bandyton, it seems to be for a projectile of eldritch energy. The spell is expressed in a form of gestures and incantations to copy and the energy to power it is loaded into the scroll giving it a glow, so he can attempt to cast it. Of course as the spell is standard and the gestures not modified to suit the situation, it cannot reach the power of a Wizard's spell.

He joins Aelindril in the South room quick enough.

Aelindril sees the scroll and ring in Thonrat's hands, and snatches them from him. He puts the scroll in his pack and considers putting the ring on, but deigns against it for now.

'More treasure, aren't you a good grunt! I suppose we should go and find that troublesome brother of yours. Lead on!'

They make for where the others went, East passage, up the stairs... checking for danger along the way.

The elf merely coughs loudly.

The dwarf rages. "I'm ere to give these bloody moon bastards a taste o' me axe, for burnin' me jewels. Those bleedin' metal men of theirs melted down me clan forge. A tale of revenge I tell ye, a mighty one at that. Pity I never finished me trainin'

The woman seethes.

"I was here to remove the gem, but I was captured. My sword was taken from me, I must claim it and slay the shaman who resides here for the sake of Bandyton"

"Then what are you doing stuck in these cages?"
    Templeton looks for a way to open the cells.

They make for where the others went, East passage, up the stairs... checking for danger along the way.
    No problems and they arrive where the others are. They can see Templeton through the nearby blue door, as well as the three doors with red energy across the way.

• Advertisement

The Archonoids are about halfway through the meat.

Farris passes a remaining warrior fillet through the filiment to see what happens, minding his fingers of course.

Quentanaa helps Ristan to drag up Artur's corpse for desert

"Then what are you doing stuck in these cages?"
    Templeton looks for a way to open the cells.
    He notices a red gem above each door. The energy field flows out of them.

Templeton whacks the red gems with his staff, the dwarfs, the womans and the elfs in that order.

OOC: Assuming this is one of the cells with red energy
    Farris passes a remaining warrior fillet through the filiment to see what happens, minding his fingers of course.
    The meat lands on the other side of the dwarf's cell, cooked through.

"Thank ye lad!" he exclaims, tucking in.

No problems and they arrive where the others are. They can see Templeton through the nearby blue door, as well as the three doors with red energy across the way.

Meeting with Thondar, they cautiously make their way halway to the red energy door.

Thonrat grunts, and points at Aelindril's pack.

'What, what is it? The scroll? Oh, here then - I can't read that dwarvish muck.'

Thonrat begans to make the hand gestures and blasts at the red energy.

Quentanaa helps Ristan to drag up Artur's corpse for desert
    The Archonoids are ecstatic, it'll take them a while to get through this.

Templeton whacks the red gems with his staff, the dwarfs, the womans and the elfs in that order.
    The gems crack and the energy fields shut off.

The dwarf rushes out.

"I'll tear out those pricks throats, I'm following ye lads, the name is Gholduzin!" he shouts tearing off his shirt to reveal a ripped torso with a few odd scars.

"And I am Corsiana!" the woman yells "I shall claim my sword once more!" she says tearing off her prison robes to reveal a fur bikini beneath.

OOC: Gholduzin now part of sKeith's group. Corsiana an NPC until she gets her sword

Meeting with Thondar, they cautiously make their way halway to the red energy door.

Thonrat grunts, and points at Aelindril's pack.

'What, what is it? The scroll? Oh, here then - I can't read that dwarvish muck.'

Thonrat begans to make the hand gestures and blasts at the red energy.
    OOC: Which one of the Three? Let, Middle or Right? And then d10 on rolz

• Advertisement

OOC: Which one of the Three? Let, Middle or Right? And then d10 on rolz

OOC: Middle, and 4 :(

Advertisement