Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC - The Heavenly Staircase

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    The Banduin warrior looks down the hall and sees the group of twelve in total and roars three words back into the East room.

The second guard comes out.

"What...purpose of come?" the second guard says.

'The elf... he made me... something at the top!'

Aelrindel gets suspicious.

'Thonrat! See what that idiot is mewling about now!'

Thonrat wanders over to investigate, hand on his club.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Ristan looks from Artur to his master and back.
    "Not me, good sir spaghettiarms, the other elf. By the way, have you seen a pig here abputs and are you emotionally attached to it in any way?"
    The guards just look at each other confused.

"Pig?" the first one says.

"What am PURPOSE!!!" the second one asks again gritting its teeth.

Necro wrote: »
    'The elf... he made me... something at the top!'

Aelrindel gets suspicious.

'Thonrat! See what that idiot is mewling about now!'

Thonrat wanders over to investigate, hand on his club.
    "HLKART!!" the second guard shouts to the first.

OOC: Everybody to rolz

Ristan rushes forward, swinging his staff above his and knocks the club right out of the hand of the first guardian. Everybody rushes forward with Pip's longsword driving its way through the other Guardian's stomach.

As the disarmed guardian cries at his life mate's death the others brutally beat and stab him to death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Aelrindel cuffs Artur across the face.

'You! Know your place cur! Thonrat, take the lead. This treacherous welp would be best left to die. But instead...'

He gestures to Thondar.

'Bind him. We can make an offering of him like he would have us.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Templeton says to disarmed guard, " what your purpose?"

sKeith wrote: »
    Templeton says to disarmed guard, " what your purpose?"
    OOC: My unclear wording above, he was the one beaten to death. The one who kept his weapon was killed in one hit by Pip

Aelrindel cuffs Artur across the face.

'You! Know your place cur! Thonrat, take the lead. This treacherous welp would be best left to die. But instead...'

He gestures to Thondar.

'Bind him. We can make an offering of him like he would have us.'
    Thondar binds him easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Pip looks down at his hands.
    "I've never killed a man before..." He bleats
    ."still haven't, lad." Farris booms, clapping him round the shoulders. "4 arms, piggy feet, bad posture - they're not men. But I'll wager we'll make one of you yet!"
    He searches the bodies

• Advertisement

While his brother is binding Artur, Thonrat inspects the room with the guardians carefully.

Pip looks down at his hands.
    "I've never killed a man before..." He bleats
    ."still haven't, lad." Farris booms, clapping him round the shoulders. "4 arms, piggy feet, bad posture - they're not men. But I'll wager we'll make one of you yet!"
    He searches the bodies
    Farris finds nothing on them save a vial containing a sweet smelling red juice.

While his brother is binding Artur, Thonrat inspects the room with the guardians carefully.
    Nothing too incredible aside from what they noticed earlier. From here Thonrat can smell the powerful aroma of the sapphires embedded in the table.

Nothing too incredible aside from what they noticed earlier. From here Thonrat can smell the powerful aroma of the sapphires embedded in the table.

Thonrat grunts at Thondar, who looks up and scuttles over.

Together they go through a series of low pitched grunts, with Thonrat gesturing to the table.

Thondar goes back and picks up Artur and throws him onto the table.

Thonrat grunts at Thondar, who looks up and scuttles over.

Together they go through a series of low pitched grunts, with Thonrat gesturing to the table.

Thondar goes back and picks up Artur and throws him onto the table.
    The table cracks releasing the sapphires. The dwarven brothers are almost stunned by the purity of their aroma and taste.

The table cracks releasing the sapphires. The dwarven brothers are almost stunned by the purity of their aroma and taste.

Thondar kicks a sapphire into Artur's bound hand.

If nothing happens, he and Thonrat start gathering them as Aelrindel rubs his hands with glee.

Farris finds nothing on them save a vial containing a sweet smelling red juice.

Farris passes the juice to Quentanaa.
    "**** off, roundears! You drink it!"
    She uncorks it and sniffs it all the same.
    Pip looks for exits and throwing weapons.
    Ristan looks around the walls for secret doors, knocking for hollowness and looking for unnatural seams or joins in any wood or stone

Zack takes a keen note on what the drawves recovered and pocketed.

Thondar kicks a sapphire into Artur's bound hand.

If nothing happens, he and Thonrat start gathering them as Aelrindel rubs his hands with glee.
    Nothing happens to Artur and the gems are gathered up fast.

Thonrat picks up Artur by his rags and throws him back into the centre of the room. He and Thondar join the other newcomers in a thorough search of the room.

• Advertisement

Farris passes the juice to Quentanaa.
    "**** off, roundears! You drink it!"
    She uncorks it and sniffs it all the same.
    Ristan looks around the walls for secret doors, knocking for hollowness and looking for unnatural seams or joins in any wood or stone
    OOC: Intelligence (+1) and untrained (d10) for Quentanaa

Ristan's elven listen to the air for subtle drafts and his fingers trace along the walls, their sense of touch several times more sensitive than a man's. However he finds nothing.

Zack takes a keen note on what the drawves recovered and pocketed.

Aelrindel looks at Zack.

'Don't get any ideas. Those sapphires will fetch me a good price. Unless.... for some assistance in this place - you wish to share them?'

Necro wrote:
    Thonrat picks up Artur by his rags and throws him back into the centre of the room. He and Thondar join the other newcomers in a thorough search of the room.
    Banjo wrote:
    The guardroom lies on the East of the passage out of the original entry room. There is a room to the West, covered with a blue energy field.

The passage itself then continues North.

There is nothing more to be found in the Guard room or the original entry room.

OOC: Intelligence (+1) and untrained (d10) for Quentanaa

She can't place it exactly, but Quentanaa can recognise local forest berries well enough to know this is a simple pick-me-up drink.

The guardroom lies on the East of the passage out of the original entry room. There is a room to the West, covered with a blue energy field.

The passage itself then continues North.

There is nothing to be found in the Guard room or the original entry room.

Dragging Artur by the end of rope, Thondar leaves the room and joins Aelrindel. Thonrat takes the lead and heads North, checking for dangers and using his infravision to scout ahead.

Aelrindel looks at Zack.

'Don't get any ideas. Those sapphires will fetch me a good price. Unless.... for some assistance in this place - you wish to share them?'

"Me, i have no ideas, force of habit, the old, one for you one for me and one for the goverment game, ye know, haha."

"Me, i have no ideas, force of habit, the old, one for you one for me and one for the goverment game, ye know, haha."

The elf sniffs.

'What I find here is mine own, apart from what they have sent me to collect. They don't need to know about the other treasures. They never need to know, am I right?'

The elf sniffs.

'What I find here is mine own, apart from what they have sent me to collect. They don't need to know about the other treasures. They never need to know, am I right?'

"So, where you from?". zack continues.

• Advertisement

The elf sniffs.

"What we find here, snotser!" Farris grunts. "Unless you want to take on the next fight by yourself?"

Advertisement