Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,224 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

If family homes are exempt from evictions, then banks will not give out loans to people who want to buy a family home. This, of course, makes the housing crisis in Ireland immeasurably worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

no . of course not.

the retired garda. a man who served this country and was beaten by thugs.

it's not no . it is likely to happen and sooner then we all thought. it's a question of when and not if.

no but they got bailed out by the belgian tax payer. in my view his point would therefore apply to them even though they were bailed out by tax payers from a different country.

Correct me if I'm wrong but KBC belgium wasn't bailed out by the belgian taxpayer. The belgian government covered them with a guarantee (that they had to pay for) so they could continue to access funding in the market. No taxpayer funds were injected into the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

bubblypop wrote: »
    I love the way it's all about the terrible security from the North, with their paramilitary links, heavy handedness etc etc.
    Unfortunately, there were people in the house, ready to fight the eviction long before the security showed up.

So, not really an issue with the nordies at all.

One 50 and two 60 year olds.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    One 50 and two 60 year olds.

What about the others?
    If they had just left the property, there wouldn't have been any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Why didn't those poor elderly people leave the house then?
    Why did they gather up a bunch of people to fight the eviction?

Where is the evidence that they should leave their family house?

They are terrified of the vicious thugs coming back to invade their home.

• Advertisement

What about the others?
    If they had just left the property, there wouldn't have been any issues.

What others? The retired guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,277 ✭✭✭✭endacl

klaaaz wrote: »
    The line is drawn when old people are violently thrown out of their homes by marauding thugs.
    WHile I kinda agree with your description of 'marauding thugs', They weren't old people when they got themselves into this mess. They simply got older as they allowed the mess to get messier.
    None of the wealthy elite were violently thrown out of their homes, they got off scot-free laughing at the taxpayer.
    They didn't get let off because they were wealthy. They could make payments and had access to financial options because they were wealthy.

Except for the ones who didn't, or couldn't. As they weren't as wealthy as they appeared to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

the retired garda. a man who served this country and was beaten by thugs.

no but they got bailed out by the belgian tax payer. in my view his point would therefore apply to them even though they were bailed out by tax payers from a different country.

Being a retired Garda does not make you a pensioner. You can retire from AGS at 50 years old.

Not bailed out by the Irish taxpayer, therefore absolutely no argument

Was the retired Garda trespassing on the bank's property and refusing to leave?

Can I do that on your property?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's not their home anymore.

Let that sink in for a minute before continuing to post drivel.

awec wrote: »
    Not really true is it?

The likes of Drumm is literally doing time.

A few more should be doing time, but we have to take what we can get. It can't be a free for all.

Is that all you have, one banker doing a tiny bit of jail time and still wealthy after it. The rest of the wealthy elite put huge debts of billions onto the taxpayer and never served a day in jail. No protest here certainly in this thread about it from the bank supporters, but they rather pick on a vulnerable farmer instead.

• Advertisement

Clearly there was some sort of eviction notice.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Was the retired Garda trespassing on the bank's property and refusing to leave?

Can I do that on your property?

Is the question of the court order clarified yet? Would have some bearings on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No protest here certainly in this thread about it from the bank supporters, but they rather pick on a vulnerable farmer instead.

Not to mention the poor fecker's only got a couple of years left as diagnosed by you Dr Klaaaz.

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is that all you have, one banker doing a tiny bit of jail time and still wealthy after it. The rest of the wealthy elite put huge debts of billions onto the taxpayer and never served a day in jail. No protest here certainly in this thread about it from the bank supporters, but they rather pick on a vulnerable farmer instead.
    You should probably go back to when all this was happening.

You might find that the people of Ireland, including those on here, were a wee bit annoyed by it all.

Clearly there was some sort of eviction notice.

More than that, there was a court order directing them to vacate which they obviously ignored. If you dont follow instructions from the court of the land, whats the point in the legal system

368100 wrote: »
    More than that, there was a court order directing them to vacate which they obviously ignored. If you dont follow instructions from the court of the land, whats the point in the legal system

That court order is now being contested by solicitors as to its validity.

a vulnerable farmer

I haven't seen my evidence of this.
    I have seen plenty of evidence of a man that committed fraud, failed to pay vat & revenue. Failed to pay his mortgage
    & failed to pay local business men.
    So, where is the vulnerable farmer?

markodaly wrote: »
    The people in this incident failed to comply with a court order (the law of the land), therefore the bank HAD to hire private security to evict them.

Another poster who has no proof that there was a court order. So you think that the farmer's family are illegally squatting in their own home tonight then?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Being a retired Garda does not make you a pensioner. You can retire from AGS at 50 years old.

Not bailed out by the Irish taxpayer, therefore absolutely no argument

Also being a former Garda he should have had more sense than get caught up in the middle of this situation.

From reports there are two Garda investigations from complaints about the eviction. That however does not give any excuse for the extreme thuggery that occured yesterday morning.

Is the question of the court order clarified yet? Would have some bearings on it.

They wouldnt have been able to do it without a possession order.

Simply put what they need to progress through court:
    Judgment
    Installment order from court (which wasnt followed)
    Possession order.

There are another few remedies that can be taken but if they were used they were obviously ineffective

• Advertisement

Another poster who has no proof that there was a court order. So you think that the farmer's family are illegally squatting in their own home tonight then?

I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I hope for their sake Ben Gilroy isn't involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I haven't seen my evidence of this.
    I have seen plenty of evidence of a man that committed fraud, failed to pay vat & revenue. Failed to pay his mortgage
    & failed to pay local business men.
    So, where is the vulnerable farmer?

The word you are looking for is a parasite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

You literally just said there is a court order, and it is being contested.

Apologies. Your mate said there is a court order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Omackeral wrote: »
    Apology accepted, Lefty.

No problem. You can put it down to my highbrow sense of politeness.

Because you really are a gobby mediocrity who will require having the last word... to which you're welcome !

;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,659 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I hope for their sake Ben Gilroy isn't involved.

Ben of the clan Gilroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I do!

I don't because it isn't their own home anymore. The bank owns it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,224 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

endacl wrote: »
    WHile I kinda agree with your description of 'marauding thugs', They weren't old people when they got themselves into this mess. They simply got older as they allowed the mess to get messier.

Exactly.

It is like a priest or religious brother of old, who may have been in their 20's, 30's or 40's while he sexually abused kids all around them.

Meanwhile, it comes out years later and they are convicted in their 60's/70's..... I suppose since they were old they should be given a pass?

People are just so stupid!

368100 wrote: »
    They wouldnt have been able to do it without a possession order.

Simply put what they need to progress through court:
    Judgment
    Installment order from court (which wasnt followed)
    Possession order.

There are another few remedies that can be taken but if they were used they were obviously ineffective

That's the question which should be answered tomorrow. Legal advice earlier this evening found some flaws in the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

That's the question which should be answered tomorrow. Legal advice earlier this evening found some flaws in the order.

Was the judge not wearing his hat when he signed it?

Advertisement