Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Ian Gordon former UDA member owns the company that carried out this eviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Really sad for the future reading this thread, no wonder the country is as corrupt and money grabbing as it is going by some of the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

the_syco wrote: »
    I'd say the dogs owner and a few friends will be back down for some revenge.

If they're elderly, how much will they be realistically be able to pay back?

What? How is getting murdered by the IRA anything to do with this?

Problem is that they probably owed a fcuktonne more than they were prepared to pay back.

It’s not about being “prepared” to pay back! Any loan agreement I’ve ever had was a set amount agreed and signed pre drawn down- there’s was no going back with “sorry, I’m now only prepared to pay half that I agreed to per month...”sorry huns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

backspin. wrote: »
    I agree. My problem was with the use of loyalist eviction squads. Surely there is a Dublin firm who could have done the eviction.

How do you know they are loyalists'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

I agree. My problem was with the use of loyalist eviction squads. Surely there is a Dublin firm who could have done the eviction.

There aren't.

Your face ends up all over Facebook.
    There's easier ways to make money.

So banks are having to bring in security firms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭ismat

coming to an arrangement to pay something is how a responsible lender would work, within reason obviously. at least 1000 euros however that could be more, is the figure it is claimed he was willing to pay the bank. so he was willing to pay. if it's a choice between the bank getting a lesser payment and us paying to house the evictee, the bank can take the lesser payment. they are more likely to get that money all be it later, then they may be now.

it's not always that simple nor always a viable option. selling land may in turn effect the viability of the business as there will be less output because there is less land to work which in turn means less income. if selling land was the best option to pay down debt then it would be the default option rather then trying to engage with the bank to reduce the payments.

They were quick enough to borrow the money to buy the land. Maybe a bit of planning earlier may of served them well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

koheim wrote: »
    This is just not true, and not the reason we pay 100% more in interest rates than rest of Europe. Do not defend the punitive high interest rates we have as this has nothing to do with this. Bank might want you to believe this is the reason.

So you want us to deny the bleedin obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

venusdoom wrote: »
    Really sad for the future reading this thread, no wonder the country is as corrupt and money grabbing as it is going by some of the posts.

Yes that’s what happens when a certain cohort think they have a god given right to walk away scot free from their debts all because the banks are evil etc...oh and can keep the assets the loan paid for in the place! For free

In the video they do not appear to be wearing either ID or security badges.

Is this not a legal requirement for security personnel?

The video is crap quality. The phone they used must be as old as the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Billcarson wrote: »
    What's wrong with you people. The poor banks eh. They would shake you by the hand and stab you with the other. Bunch of mefeiners. Well I just hope this country changes and fights against the elite scum that are running it.

Who owns the Banks? Deposits money there, works there?

For every rare member of 'the financial elite' there are probably millions of taxpayers, workers and depositors who get stiffed when people don't honour their debts.

It's handy for the financial elites to hide behind the human shield of millions of taxpayers, and pensioners. And then for left leaning politicians and media whores to try and lob grenades at the financial elite, a 'victimless crime', while they stick it to the man.

But somebody has to get up, work, pay taxes, and pay debts and that is the silent majority. Who are being shafted continuously by politicians, media and cute hoor opportunists in this country day in day out. left voiceless, and utterly taken for granted. For how much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Doesn't add up why they would borrow heavily against the farm.

I would suspect that the loan may have been for more than just buying land. It's probably a Celtic tiger era quote, probably development related and that would make sense that selling off some land wouldn't discharge it. But you're right I am just speculating here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

bb12 wrote: »
    farming loans are structured completely differently to regular mortgages. everyone understands that farming yields and hence profits can vary a lot from year to year, depending on weather etc. just look at the disastrous year the vegetable growers have had this year due to the drought. banks are aware of this and loan repayments are usually structured to cater for this. a farmer does not repay loans on a monthly basis but often a once yearly payment in a lot of cases.

Completely untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

pablo128 wrote: »
    How do you know they are loyalists'?

Social media speculation :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Ian Gordon former UDA member owns the company that carried out this eviction.

https://www.facebook.com/landstealmaghaberry/posts/2038781392828692

References Ian Gordon, and a KBC eviction out of Balbriggan, last February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Crazy story

Bit confused

Why were the Gardai just standing and watching while the security team from the North battered the old man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Not really elderly. Two mid 50's and the other early 60's

Exactly - it doesn't sound as good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭Allinall

How do you know they were loyalists?

Allinall wrote: »
    How do you know they were loyalists?

IDG security firm, owned by an ex uda member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Completely untrue.

This from AIB website

"Repayments that match your farm cashflow.
    Repayment schedules (monthly, quarterly or half-yearly) may be structured to the high output months."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭Allinall

IDG security firm, owned by ex uda member.

So no evidence they were loyalists.

Glad you cleared that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

But somebody has to get up, work, pay taxes, and pay debts and that is the silent majority. Who are being shafted continuously by politicians, media and cute hoor opportunists in this country day in day out. left voiceless, and utterly taken for granted. For how much longer.

Can't argue with that.

Allinall wrote: »
    So no evidence they were loyalists.

Glad you cleared that up.

What more evidence do you want you absolute cabbage.. Look at the video posted last page. The man himself at another KBC eviction recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Why are they allowed to resist security guards doing their jobs? The Gardaí were there to make sure they didn’t use excessive force so obviously they were sanctioned to carry out for ced evictions. It’s like saying you’ve the right to resist a bouncer when they throw you out of a pub

because they are private individuals and not state law enforcement. even if sanctioned to cary out forced evictions they do not enjoy any rights compared to the gards so therefore the rules that apply to the gards do not apply. therefore you can resist them perfectly morally.
    ismat wrote: »
    They were quick enough to borrow the money to buy the land. Maybe a bit of planning earlier may of served them well

the bank were likely quick to give them the money as well.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

jmayo wrote:
    I am sick and fooking tired of Irish people thinking that they have some god given fooking right to walk away from their debts scot free.
    Well I lost two houses in the crash. I didn't kick up a stink. I was very ill at the time and unable to work. I was too sick to sort out getting people to rent the houses. I had both of them rented before I got sick. I was out of action for four years and ended up owing the bank 19 k with nothing to show for it. I paid it off and I'm getting on with my life. I was lucky in the end though because I got letters and emails from the bank telling me that I was 'pre-approved' for another €270k mortgage, if I'd have taken them up on that things would have been so much worse for me financially. If that had of happened I'd be blaming the bank because they were trying to push me into it.

What more evidence do you want you absolute cabbage.. Look at the video posted last page. The man himself at another KBC eviction recently.

.https://photos.app.goo.gl/r6jCgT3JVTXkySur9
    Fcuking ghurkas. I knew it. You couldn't be trusting them lads at all. And all the time the poor loyalists' getting the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Exactly - it doesn't sound as good though!
    Bit of a better understanding now with those ages as in they could of been mid 40s 50s when the loan was taken out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

The balaclavas came out of the drawer for their visit to Dublin a few months ago.

https://davelordanwriter.com/2018/09/12/take-back-the-city-condemns-actions-of-garda-and-private-security-firm-during-eviction-of-occupants-at-34-north-frederick-street/

pablo128 wrote: »
    .https://photos.app.goo.gl/r6jCgT3JVTXkySur9
    Fcuking ghurkas. I knew it. You couldn't be trusting them lads at all. And all the time the poor loyalists' getting the blame.

What part of 'in Afghanistan' do you not understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Jeff2

If I get a bank loan then I have to pay it back.
    If that lone is secured by the farm I own then the bank have a right to take that if I default on the lone.
    Both sides are bad in this case.

How the hell are people saying that people that are not paying should still allowed stay there.

Michael Mcdowell and

Michael mcnamara and Peadar Tóibín..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Billcarson wrote: »
    Why don't you go and kiss your bank managers ass since your all for the banks.

Poster states how a bank fundamentally works, gets accused of kissing bank's asses. This is the level of debate we're dealing with.

Advertisement