Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

P_1 wrote: »
    When you have a 4 v 1 advantage you can easily remove someone without resorting to beating them blue. Ask any competent bouncer and you'll tell you exactly how to do it

They were most certainly not beat blue. I’ve watched the video, a group of men physically restrained the men who were refusing to leave the property and removed them. No beating took place. The guy on the ground at the start of the video isn’t beaten and we can’t see what led to him being on the ground. Where is the proof of violence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Omackeral wrote: »
    Top brass might be rotten. Doesn't mean the rank and file men and women who serve aren't doing a tough job. It's thankless and can be very dangerous and plenty wouldn't be cut out for it. I don't think it's fair to say all they do is fabricate speeding tickets.

It's a cushy enough number in fairness. They can and do pick and choose when they want to apply the law and to whom. Dangerous enough outfit too when they get snared for fabricating speeding tickets etc.

Look at that clip of the eviction, 3 or 4 of them looking on at an elderly man getting dragged around the place. Why were they even there ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mulbot wrote: »
    Yes you did
    "Does it show the build up? And the people peacefully leaving the property ? And the security attacking them for no reason?

Why didn't the people leave when told ? Well before anyone turned up to do the initial eviction?"

I used security as a generic term for people hired to perform security. I even explained it in the post you quoted. What should I have said ?

Security can be anyone hired to look after anything ..

Guessing who they are would be naming them or claiming they are uvf. Would calling themmen have meant I was guessing who they were? Should I amend the post to read "non gender defined possible humanoids"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    They were most certainly not beat blue. I’ve watched the video, a group of men physically restrained the men who were refusing to leave the property and removed them. No beating took place. The guy on the ground at the start of the video isn’t beaten and we can’t see what led to him being on the ground. Where is the proof of violence?

Wasn't he only released from hospital tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

What about the Gardai watching an assault taking place?

Absolutely. I saw one of the security Men In Black with a bloodied nose in the video. Guards did nothing. Terrible, I tell ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭boetstark

Fann Linn wrote: »
    It's good to see Loyalist scum get a hammering. Long may it continue.

Was the dog a loyalist as well ??

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ismat

Why they didn't leave is their business. Are you condoning the use of force and assault by a private unidentified "security company" acting illegally on members of the Irish public?
    There was a court order telling them to leave. If they don’t obey it they are in breach of same so it is not their business. It’s not their property anymore once the court makes the order against them. If the security contractors asked them to leave and they refused what are they meant to do ? There is too many cute hoors in this country that think they can get away with paying nothing and stick everyone else with the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mulbot

I used security as a generic term for people hired to perform security. I even explained it in the post you quoted. What should I have said ?

Security can be anyone hired to look after anything ..

Not in a professional sense-There are quite a few requirements needed to work in professional security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

pablo128 wrote: »
    Absolutely. I saw one of the security Men In Black with a bloodied nose in the video. Guards did nothing. Terrible, I tell ya!

That lad fell an hit his nose off the pillar when he was dragging the ex garda out the gate like a sack of spuds.

Are you saying he got a smack or what? Any proof?

boetstark wrote: »
    Was the dog a loyalist as well ??

Probably the same breed as the one the garda shot last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

And you live in a fantasy land.

no i don't.
    But at least you admit the people were in the wrong and should be chucked out.

i don't admit it because i don't know for sure. i suspect it but i don't know.
    You really arnt worth bothering with. If I hadn't replied before I realised who I was replying to I'd have ditched it.

resorting to attacks, the last throw of the dice when one hasn't an argument.
    There’s only one way to remove people from a house that have been ordered to leave, have no intention to leave. They were given every chance before force was used.

if it was the gardai using the force, then yes as they are the legitimate enforcers of the state. given it wasn't, then it's ultimately irrelevant what the 3 people did or didn't do, the security were fully in the wrong.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

When farmers made out like bandits by selling land for overpriced housing developments throughout the 90s, 2000s and still today in some cases, they were allowed to hold on to their gains, it belonged to them as any other form of property.

Now the boot is on the other foot, and the rule of law mustn't apply, the Bank is 'not allowed' to possess their own property. Incredibly, not one politician anywhere dare speak up for the rule of law on this issue. Double standards eh? Mob rule it looks like to be honest.

Wasn't he only released from hospital tonight?

What were his injuries? And if he was violently resisting, why can’t the private security guys defend themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Not in a professional sense-There are quite a few requirements needed to work in professional security.

A PSA license and a pulse is about the extent of it. Competence of individual officers for a specific assignment is down to the employer.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mulbot

ismat wrote: »
    There was a court order telling them to leave. If they don’t obey it they are in breach of same so it is not their business. It’s not their property anymore once the court makes the order against them. If the security contractors asked them to leave and they refused what are they meant to do ? There is too many cute hoors in this country that think they can get away with paying nothing and stick everyone else with the bill.

I understand he eviction part-You cannot assault members of the public however in carrying out security duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Any farmer I know, especially if farm was in family for generations would actually need counsellors to help them deal with the trauma of leaving their home and land. I wouldn't like to be evicted from my house now but it's a different thing as it's only bricks and mortar rather than my family's blood, sweat and tears. What do we know of how the bank worked with them. Like did they demand full payments rather than what was possible to repay.

It was said here earlier that the loan was used to expand the farm, so they’re only recently on part of it. It could have been somebody else’s since the time of Fiona McCool before that but so what. How unreasonable is it for the bank to expect full repayments? If you put ten grand on deposit in a bank, would you be happy to get three grand back and go whistle for the rest of it?

What were his injuries? And if he was violently resisting, why can’t the private security guys defend themselves.

I don't know I'm not a doctor.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Let's say you see a video of your dad being pinned to the floor by a number of guys and being dragged around.

I take it you wouldn't care and tell your dad to cop on?

If he somehow rose from the grave I'd reach for the nearest shotgun to put him down myself. Itd be even more worrying considering he was cremated.

Anyway I see we've now moved from "poor old people" to more emotive **** of " your dad".

How long should your dad be let occupy a house he didn't pay for ?should the bank have to leave him there till he dies? If he's no ones dad can he be chucked out?

I don't know I'm not a doctor.

Just asking because the details do matter. Any injury doesn’t constitute a “beating”

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭boetstark

keavebm wrote: »
    Watched the videos ****in scandalous wat their doing. They were old people in there seventies. Scumbags and thugs them and the banks. We bailed out the ****in banks and this is what we get

Didn't bail out KBC. What would you suggest if somebody owed you money and wouldn't/ couldn't repay.

• Advertisement

Just asking because the details do matter. Any injury doesn’t constitute a “beating”

No. But some big lump sitting on you wouldn't help. There was 8 of them against 2 men and a woman.

Are the people on this forum at least in agreement that it was wrong and unlawful for a gang to assault the security men after the initial eviction?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Tommy Kelly I responded to the question you posed to me, care to respond to mine?
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Any proof they're Loyalist Paras or UVF?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

If he somehow rose from the grave I'd reach for the nearest shotgun to put him down myself. Itd be even more worrying considering he was cremated.

Anyway I see we've now moved from "poor old people" to more emotive **** of " your dad".

How long should your dad be let occupy a house he didn't pay for ?should the bank have to leave him there till he dies? If he's no ones dad can he be chucked out?

No I asked you a direct question and you avoided answering it, no problem thankfully boards has an ignore function

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Are the people on this forum at least in agreement that it was wrong and unlawful for a gang to assault the security men after the initial eviction?

tHeY WeReN't ReAl SeCuRiTy MeN

(Good way to avoid your question)

Hardly in a position to be demanding proof of anything now are you?
    No proof would be looked for if someone said he got a bloody nose headbutting a defenceless pensioner in a wheelchair on their way to mass.

No. But some big lump sitting on you wouldn't help. There was 8 of them against 2 men and a woman.

Sitting on someone is one way to keep someone the ground who’s determined to fight you. The fault is with the farmer who started it by resisting.

As regards numbers, your point being what? A greater numerical advantage decreases the chance of resistance and the chance of them being injured themselves. What’s so sinister about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have a feeling that this case could turn out to be very interesting in legal terms and could potentially lead to changes in the laws regarding evictions. (With regard to use of security firms / gardai etc., )
    The video that I've seen is low res, but I'm wondering if the person being wrestled to the ground at the gate was even one of the people being evicted, or a neighbour?
    on the surface, a farming family that got out of their depth on a loan. I'd love to know the details in this case but regardless of that the handling of the whole thing has been shocking.
    I'd assume they expanded before the price of milk tanked, with the price of milk being a reason of how they intended to pay back their loan.
    Why they didn't leave is their business. Are you condoning the use of force and assault by a private unidentified "security company" acting illegally on members of the Irish public?
    But they acted legally evicting the people.
    Is there any proof that any of those getting evicted got assaulted?
    I understand he eviction part-You cannot assault members of the public however in carrying out security duties.
    They can defend themselves. As seen this morning, the neighbours have no regard for the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

It wouldn’t make much sense to try and do an eviction if you were outnumbered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭ismat

If they refuse to leave then what do you do ? Tbf the guards were there and didn’t see anything wrong with what the security guys did (from the reports ive seen). You would need a hardy crew of guys going on to repossess if you were expecting the response that came. We are going down s dangerous road if you can’t execute a court order due to being in fear of a gang of local thugs

Advertisement