Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Funny how the media operates in this country.Not a word about these thugs evicting the farmers last week.Yet when the same thugs evicted a bunch of attention seeking wasters of students out of an empty building in Dublin a few weeks ago there was outrage in the media.On every paper and news bulletin for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mulbot wrote: »
    It clearly shows "security personnel" outnumbering and assaulting members of the public,without any identification,under the direct sight of our Gardai- are you condoning this?

Does it show the build up? And the people peacefully leaving the property ? And the security attacking them for no reason?

Why didn't the people leave when told ? Well before anyone turned up to do the initial eviction?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

yeah. yeah. we live in a world where what should happen, doesn't always do so. therefore stating the obvious is pointless given the discussion is around what should be done where something is required such as this case.

You're thanking posts supporting vigilantism. If similar was suggested against black scumbags in Balbriggan would you be of the same opinion? You'd be all about that Law and Order then wouldn't ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Where can I find this clip

It was posted back along this thread somewhere.. (after page 11 is all I can remember..)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

the_syco wrote: »
    His moustache says that he's an ISIS Taliban rocking a AK-47 with an RPG in his man-bag... :pac:

If the anti-eviction group go up to harass them, they'll be coming back in body bags, if at all.

They won't need to. If this crowd are seen to have any links with the UVF or loyalism in general its game, set and match. Can't see any TD in Dail Eireann condoning them coming down here.

Well maybe except those in FG!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Does it show the build up? And the people peacefully leaving the property ? And the security attacking them for no reason?

Why didn't the people leave when told ? Well before anyone turned up to do the initial eviction?

How do you know they were security? Did you see any ID numbers or names written on their clothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Whilst I don't have any sympathy for the men that carried out the original eviction that attack this morning has set a very dangerous precedent and has shown that mob rule is accepted in this country.

These 70 thugs need to be hunted down and made an example of otherwise it will become open day for every twat in this country to take the law into their own hands.

In parallel there needs to be investigation into eviction methods and who is being used as sub contractors for these "services".

NIMAN wrote: »
    Social media and the news rarely tell you the full story.

We only hear the one they want us to hear.

Has anywhere other than social media (and here, remember the moustache) actually shown any credible or legitimate links that these security people were UVF or paramilitaries? Or even Loyalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Doesn't matter. Private individuals still can't break the law of the land in enforcing a Court Order.

I have a feeling that this case could turn out to be very interesting in legal terms and could potentially lead to changes in the laws regarding evictions. (With regard to use of security firms / gardai etc., )

BTW, I have no problem with evictions per se. It boils down to how they are conducted and the circumstances leading up to them. People that take the piss with their loans are fair game. There's a difference though between a fella that buys a big house, a big car and goes on holidays twice a year when he obviously can't afford it and, on the surface, a farming family that got out of their depth on a loan. I'd love to know the details in this case but regardless of that the handling of the whole thing has been shocking.

There’s only one way to remove people from a house that have been ordered to leave, have no intention to leave. They were given every chance before force was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭mulbot

Why they didn't leave is their business. Are you condoning the use of force and assault by a private unidentified "security company" acting illegally on members of the Irish public?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Omackeral wrote: »
    Has anywhere other than social media (and here, remember the moustache) actually shown any credible or legitimate links that these security people were UVF or paramilitaries? Or even Loyalists.

No but sure one of them said he's British so that's cast iron proof right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Nobody including you can prove or show any evidence that they were all even legit security men. You're asking for proof all evening why don't you prove what your saying?

All we know from the clips is they one lad was dressed in black from head to toe and british.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Their names and locations are being flung about on twitter and fb at the moment.

And we wonder why people are brought in from out of state. Remember the Gardai had to wear balaclavas for this reason. People are irresponsible idiots at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Roscommon is far from lawless.

How could kbc have handled this better? It's unlikely they could. Large organisations tend not have any actual sense for the "human" story behind the numbers and it's the numbers that count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

In the absence of the facts of this case, this post is worth repeating.

The 3 are referred to as being elderly, having lived in the house since it was built in the ‘50s.
    A number of questions come to mind.
    When did they borrow the money
    How much was borrowed
    How much was paid back and did they work with the bank or just ignore them.

A court order is usually a last resort.

These people are constantly being referred to as elderly. 2 of them in their 50s and one early 60s. I wouldn't describe someone in their 50s as elderly personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And we wonder why people are brought in from out of state. Remember the Gardai had to wear balaclavas for this reason. People are irresponsible idiots at the best of times.

It's their neighbours in east Belfast that's identifying them😉

How do you know they were security? Did you see any ID numbers or names written on their clothing?

I don't know anything about them. I havnt made any accusations or even guessed about who they are. Maybe I should just make up some names and say they are gaa players from cork to fit in?
    I could hire someone to stand in my garden and mind the flowers. That makes them security. It's not exactly the same as being specific and claiming they are Gardai or SAS or the FBI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

gctest50 wrote: »
    I was more pointing out the "betrayed by their own " part :

MRBB (part of the Flemish farmers' association) controls around 11%,

:p

Laying aside the fact that 11% gives you control of bugger-all, are you seriously suggesting that a Dutch Bank with a Flemish minority shareholding should not collect its lawful debts in a Ireland from farmers, just because they’re farmers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I like how they did an official headcount to count the 70 guys who showed up, I mean if your gonna fabricate a number for dramatic effect why not go for 100.

Also the security guys getting attacked had nothing to do with the banks or courts it happened because videos circulated on social media of the security guards throwing around a number of old men.

If the initial interaction between the security guards and the residents/neighbors had been uneventful then there would not have been an attack.

They as an organisation an absolute disgrace.

Top brass might be rotten. Doesn't mean the rank and file men and women who serve aren't doing a tough job. It's thankless and can be very dangerous and plenty wouldn't be cut out for it. I don't think it's fair to say all they do is fabricate speeding tickets.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    These people are constantly being referred to as elderly. 2 of them in their 50s and one early 60s. I wouldn't describe someone in their 50s as elderly personally.

Everyone is either elderly or disabled when supporters are trying to get sympathy,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    There’s only one way to remove people from a house that have been ordered to leave, have no intention to leave. They were given every chance before force was used.

When you have a 4 v 1 advantage you can easily remove someone without resorting to beating them blue. Ask any competent bouncer and you'll tell you exactly how to do it

Nobody including you can prove or show any evidence that they were all even legit security men. You're asking for proof all evening why don't you prove what your saying?

Right fair enough. These contracted people doing the removal then.
    All we know from the clips is they one lad was dressed in black from head to toe and british.

Any proof they're Loyalist Paras or UVF?

Jesus somebody get me a piece of chalk...

I'm aware that the guards cant be used as security firms, however they can be used if someone is refusing to leave the house as instructed.

Also, wouldn't it be a shame if our police force had to do some actual work outside fabricating speeding tickets and ruining whistleblowers' lives.

No they can't. Get your facts straight.
    Gardai do not nor should they ever enforce civil law.
    Wasn't long till your true feelings on Gardai came out though......

I don't know anything about them. I havnt made any accusations or even guessed about who they are. Maybe I should just make up some names and say they are gaa players from cork to fit in?
    I could hire someone to stand in my garden and mind the flowers. That makes them security. It's not exactly the same as being specific and claiming they are Gardai or SAS or the FBI.

Yes you did
    "Does it show the build up? And the people peacefully leaving the property ? And the security attacking them for no reason?

Why didn't the people leave when told ? Well before anyone turned up to do the initial eviction?"

JJayoo wrote: »
    I

Also the security guys getting attacked had nothing to do with the banks or courts it happened because videos circulated on social media of the security guards throwing around a number of old men.
    t.

Considering only 3 people lived on the land, not all of whom were men, why were "a number of old men" involving themselves with the security?

bubblypop wrote: »
    No they can't. Get your facts straight.
    Gardai do not nor should they ever enforce civil law.
    Wasn't long till your true feelings on Gardai came out though......

What about the Gardai watching an assault taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Any farmer I know, especially if farm was in family for generations would actually need counsellors to help them deal with the trauma of leaving their home and land. I wouldn't like to be evicted from my house now but it's a different thing as it's only bricks and mortar rather than my family's blood, sweat and tears. What do we know of how the bank worked with them. Like did they demand full payments rather than what was possible to repay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Everyone is either elderly or disabled when supporters are trying to get sympathy,

Let's say you see a video of your dad being pinned to the floor by a number of guys and being dragged around.

I take it you wouldn't care and tell your dad to cop on?

• Advertisement

And it's always a disgrace and the country's always a joke.

Advertisement