Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,116 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I doubt they are quite as innocent as you are making out.

Any word on the big sheds....... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

How much are these hoes and their supporters costing the State ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

https://www.thejournal.ie/strokestown-high-court-order-farm-eviction-5258200-Nov2020/
    Gardai involved now. Anyone found on the farm will be arrested and brought to court. Gardai to use any means necessary to arrest them.

About time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Beltby wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/strokestown-high-court-order-farm-eviction-5258200-Nov2020/
    Gardai involved now. Anyone found on the farm will be arrested and brought to court. Gardai to use any means necessary to arrest them.

About time.

I'd say KBC are losing a hat of money over this farm. The legal fees must be colossal.

And then when the bank take possession of the farm, what will they do with it then? Anybody trying to live there, or farm it or develop it will surely be intimidated, there will be vandalism etc.

It's a pity such scummy behaviour (by the McGann's and their supporters) is being rewarded.

• Advertisement

I'd say KBC are losing a hat of money over this farm. The legal fees must be colossal.

And then when the bank take possession of the farm, what will they do with it then? Anybody trying to live there, or farm it or develop it will surely be intimidated, there will be vandalism etc.

It's a pity such scummy behaviour (by the McGann's and their supporters) is being rewarded.

It's not being rewarded, to be fair. Anyone found there will be getting a week in custody.

They can't be let away with it, otherwise no one would pay their mortgage.

Beltby wrote: »
    It's not being rewarded, to be fair. Anyone found there will be getting a week in custody.

They can't be let away with it, otherwise no one would pay their mortgage.

The McGanns have been rewarded for their sh1tty actions for the last 8 or 9 years. They've had a free house and a free farm during that time and are hanging in tooth and nail to cause as much hassle as possible. The McGann lad who used to own the house has a very long history of getting stuff and not bothering his hole to pay for it.

I don't care if I'm not popular but the eviction laws here are far too weak to deal with people who act the boll1x like the McGanns.

The McGanns have been rewarded for their sh1tty actions for the last 8 or 9 years. They've had a free house and a free farm during that time and are hanging in tooth and nail to cause as much hassle as possible. The McGann lad who used to own the house has a very long history of getting stuff and not bothering his hole to pay for it.

I don't care if I'm not popular but the eviction laws here are far too weak to deal with people who act the boll1x like the McGanns.

I can't disagree with any of that.

Two men arrested over failure to vacate property. What makes these people tick?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40089293.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭facehugger99

How many years have KBC been trying to get these crooks out of the place?

No wonder no new lenders want to come into the Irish market and provide a bit of competition.

We all end up paying higher mortgage fees and interest rates because of selfish and ignorant fcukers like this.

• Advertisement

Entitlement attitude Mary, and the support of morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

As the late Niall Toibín used to say, they were born 'tick'.

How many years have KBC been trying to get these crooks out of the place?

No wonder no new lenders want to come into the Irish market and provide a bit of competition.

We all end up paying higher mortgage fees and interest rates because of selfish and ignorant fcukers like this.

I worked for a time in a certain bank that wouldn't lend at all in a few counties where the security was worthless because the law on repossessions couldn't be applied - that's the effect of the vigilantes on ordinary decent people who will try to repay what they borrowed.

The sad thing is that when KBC eventually get possession of the house and farm, they will be able to do sweet fcukall with it.

Nobody would be stupid enough to buy it, even if they got it for ridiculously small money.

The sad thing is that when KBC eventually get possession of the house and farm, they will be able to do sweet fcukall with it.

Nobody would be stupid enough to buy it, even if they got it for ridiculously small money.

You could see a forestry company buying it, or a social housing organisation, there's always one. If there are agricultural entitlements going with the land it has more value than meets the eye.

JCJCJC wrote: »
    You could see a forestry company buying it, or a social housing organisation, there's always one. If there are agricultural entitlements going with the land it has more value than meets the eye.

A forrestry would be burned. Crops would be burned. Social housing would be burned. Fcuk it, if you dug a hole there, it would be burned.

A forrestry would be burned. Crops would be burned. Social housing would be burned. Fcuk it, if you dug a hole there, it would be burned.

Would it.

I think you might be a little off the mark there, bub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

An extra 1% on our mortgage interest rate, that’s how much ****ers like this cost us each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

There's a price for everything. Even if it was bought and left to go wild it would still attract grants.

Someone will buy it. Get it for a good price now, ten, fifteen years down the line, these lads will be elderly and the sting will be taken out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

There's a price for everything. Even if it was bought and left to go wild it would still attract grants.

Someone will buy it. Get it for a good price now, ten, fifteen years down the line, these lads will be elderly and the sting will be taken out of this.

I'd travel up and down to the North fairly regular and for the past number of years on the Bellanleck side of Enniskillen are large signs in fields 'advising' prospective buyers NOT to buy the land the signs are situated on. I haven't been up there since last March and the signs were still there and if I get back up I wouldn't be surprised if they still are.

I don't think I'd be prepared either financially or physically to take the risk when other locations, which are probably not so bad for your health are more than available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭pgj2015

someone bought gilligans old equestrian centre. so why wouldnt they buy this place in strokestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭KevRossi

There's plenty who will buy it, the McGann's lost a lot of sympathy over the past years and to be honest. most locals are plssed off with them entirely. It could well be sold to a buyer from outside the area who will send a manager in, there's a lot of good land there.

It's not like the farm in Croghan they tried to sell a few years back, the one where they had the demo at the auction in the Bush Hotel. McGann's owe a lot of money locally and most local businesses will welcome an honest farmer rather than them.

Not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭KevRossi

pgj2015 wrote: »
    someone bought gilligans old equestrian centre. so why wouldnt they buy this place in strokestown.

Coincidentally, Gilligan was living near Strokestown until fairly recently.

His centre had no taboo attached to it as he was a known gangster, so not the same circumstances.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Coincidentally, Gilligan was living near Strokestown until fairly recently.

His centre had no taboo attached to it as he was a known gangster, so not the same circumstances.

yes but people said the same about it, that no one would buy it.

gilligan will be living somewhere else from now on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

You can feel the frustration of the judge in that article.

Would it.

I think you might be a little off the mark there, bub.

Time will tell.

Only asking here but did Gilligan have the support of the boys up North who wear the balaclavas even when it isn't cold out? Seems like that's who is supporting the boys in Strokestown.
    KevRossi wrote: »
    There's plenty who will buy it, the McGann's lost a lot of sympathy over the past years and to be honest. most locals are plssed off with them entirely. It could well be sold to a buyer from outside the area who will send a manager in, there's a lot of good land there.

It's not like the farm in Croghan they tried to sell a few years back, the one where they had the demo at the auction in the Bush Hotel. McGann's owe a lot of money locally and most local businesses will welcome an honest farmer rather than them.

Not going to happen.

Do you think a local would buy it, lets say in the next 5 years?

I doubt the IRA care about a farm in stroketown. wanabe IRA maybe?

I doubt the IRA care about a farm in stroketown. wanabe IRA maybe?

Who came down and kicked the fcuk out of the security that the Bank had put in place, the local Legion of Mary?

Who came down and kicked the fcuk out of the security that the Bank had put in place, the local Legion of Mary?

it wasn't the IRA anyway. just a bunch of thugs.

• Advertisement

it wasn't the IRA anyway. just a bunch of thugs.

Fair enough Gerry. :D

Advertisement