Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

blanch152 wrote: »
    If the UK decided to hand back NI whether the people here want it or not, such a mess would be made of it that we would end up rejoining the UK instead.

Is that because certain elements within Unionism wouldn’t accept it no matter what, or do you think we can’t govern ourselves properly at the end of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blackwhite wrote: »
    Who was telling porkies?

A Sinn Fein representative not only refused to condemn it - he stated he’d have been “dissappointed if it didn’t happen”.

This is embarrassing.

Pay attention......
    blanch wrote:
    The refusal of SF representatives to condemn the vigilante mob only adds fuel to the allegation that the two are related.

You realise that adding that "s" means plural yeah? More than one? So his statement was factually incorrect.

Still with me?
    In the rush to defend the indefensible - just because of the party involved - you seem very anxious to ignore the quote that proves the claim you stated was “porkies”

I thought I was making my post easy to understand for the people hard of understanding, alas there's always a few who slip through the cracks.

If you had any hint of integrity I’m sure you’d apologise - but I guess we’ll all be left waiting for that

Let me dumb it down a bit for you, firstly, I couldn't give a shyte about the shinners, but I do get a kick out of reining in the infatuated with their untruths.

Blanch himself said no representatives from within the shinners condemned the violence.

Last I heard, Matt Carthy was a Shinner MEP, or, a representative of Sinn Fein, therefore, blanchs post was factually incorrect/a downright lie, or a porkie.

A lowly councillor refused to condemn it. Who cares? A member of the European parliament completely condemned it.

He even acknowledged his mistake, which makes your storming in with your mickey waving around all the more bizzare tbh.
    blanch wrote:
    Ambiguous at best:

Anyway.

I've better things to be doing that giving remedial reading grinds for basic English.

Tune in next week when we go over past and present tense. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Nonsense. Brexit might trigger a United Ireland vote (very very very very unlikely) but this incident will almost certainly impact on future Sinn Fein votes and the credibility of Sinn Fein.

Sinn Fein's vote is essentially capped (see presidential election for yet more proof) and incidents like Strokestown reinforce that cap. Doherty did huge damage again this week and SF know it.

What we need is a new party which is a viable opposition to FF/FG. Sinn Fein will never ever be that.
    "Sinn Féin's vote is essentially capped" or kneecapped if you go against Goebells in Falls Rd Reichstag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Nonsense. Brexit might trigger a United Ireland vote (very very very very unlikely) but this incident will almost certainly impact on future Sinn Fein votes and the credibility of Sinn Fein.

Sinn Fein's vote is essentially capped (see presidential election for yet more proof) and incidents like Strokestown reinforce that cap. Doherty did huge damage again this week and SF know it.

What we need is a new party which is a viable opposition to FF/FG. Sinn Fein will never ever be that.

That's your best response? Seriously? So you agree that SF has a self inflicted cap?

SF might have been responsible for worse alright...

My best response? You feel like your profound comment warrants some amazing retort? Get over yourself. If you think this incident inflicts major damage on their vote you are away with the fairies mate. This is child's play compared to the stuff they have been connected to in the past and Leo will need more than a nifty soundbite to put a dent in them

This is embarrassing.

Pay attention......

You realise that adding that "s" means plural yeah? More than one? So his statement was factually incorrect.

Still with me?

I thought I was making my post easy to understand for the people hard of understanding, alas there's always a few who slip through the cracks.

Let me dumb it down a bit for you, firstly, I couldn't give a shyte about the shinners, but I do get a kick out of reining in the infatuated with their untruths.

Blanch himself said no representatives from within the shinners condemned the violence.

Last I heard, Matt Carthy was a Shinner MEP, or, a representative of Sinn Fein, therefore, blanchs post was factually incorrect/a downright lie, or a porkie.

A lowly councillor refused to condemn it. Who cares? A member of the European parliament completely condemned it.

He even acknowledged his mistake, which makes your storming in with your mickey waving around all the more bizzare tbh.

Anyway.

I've better things to be doing that giving remedial reading grinds for basic English.

angry man

electoral results frustration been diagnosed?

it gets a lot of ppl, worth checkin into if you havent had the scans

• Advertisement

angry man

Get up the yard.

I didn't even vote for the shinners in the last general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

angry man

He appears to like to nitpick and win on technicalities rather than engage in the actual tenant of the discussion at hand because he knows his arse would be handed to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Get up the yard.

Yes, Mulligan is one representative who refused to condemn it, Doherty is another who also had his ass handed to him in the Dail. So yes, representatives, as I said is true.

So off up that yard yourself.

Get up the yard.

did i mention shinners?

not that anyone posting their extremely furious anti-govt opinions on boards votes for or works for the shinners. oh no.

must be policy not to admit membership. seen that before.

Your are well know for twisting the truth. I did not say "no representatives from within the shinners condemned the violence". Here is what I said:
    I called this a couple of days ago in relation to Sinn Fein.

(1) McGann is a neighbour and friend of Matt Carthy, who has released a press statement supporting McGann.

(2) A violent vigilante mob show up to kick out the security guards, injuring them, burning out cars and killing a dog.

It is easy to believe that (1) and (2) are related. The refusal of SF representatives to condemn the vigilante mob only adds fuel to the allegation that the two are related.

Mulligan and Doherty are two SF representatives who have refused the chance to condemn the vigilante mob. So my statement is factually true.

I am fairly certain that if I had a look at Twitter, I would find other examples of SF representatives cheerleading from the sidelines.

You should give up now before you embarrass yourself or produce a video of some FG councillor saying something sometime in the far distant past.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    He appears to like to nitpick and win on technicalities rather than engage in the actual tenant of the discussion at hand because he knows his arse would be handed to him.

Let's get down on this so.

The discussion at hand you say.

Pay attention to my opening post.
    One wonders if these lads , sent home with their tails between the legs would be the same buckos we seen recently deployed on the streets of Dublin, ala Frederick street?

Black paramilitary style uniform. Check.
    Northern accents. Check.
    Northern/UK registered vans. Check.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they'll be in any hurry to take up anymore job offers of easy money in the 26 counties again. Certainly not without considerable police and or army protection.

Undoubtedly, your man seems to have racked up a lot of debt, including a large chunk to revenue, and the debt needed to be recovered, which leaves the big question as to the appropriate method of achieving this.

What options are open to revenue officials here? Aren't we often told that they have much further powers than even AGS have?

A lien on the estate, recovered when they transfer the deeds/attempt to sell?

Rural communities form deep connections, and any potential new owners of the properties life could be made hell - if they were to take a view that they acquired the property to the detriment of one of their own , cute hoor or not (see Sean Quinn's former empire) meaning the bank are stuck with it regardless.

And to top it off, aren't the family back in the property, meaning the eviction by a gang of people who identified themselves as British with northern accents, some with UDR connections, wasn't just futile, but in fact possibly counter productive?

I don't claim to have the answers or solutions to this particular problem, but the strokes town solution surely isn't it.

As for nitpicking, I think your still a bit butthurt for being called out on such clangers as.

The dup have no paramilitary links.
    British Army members aren't loyalists.

And not knowing your UDAs from Rs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46626093
    The Tipperary TD added that "the courts and the sheriffs" should be the last resort.
    He doesn't seem to think that the eviction is the last resort...

Also, it seems the people now living in the house have the same rights as protesters, so it'll be interesting when they said trespassers get removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Suckler wrote: »
    wow.
    take off the SF hat.

what Doherty said in the Dail yesterday was a disgrace

Never voted for that shower in my life

The discussion at hand you say.

Pay attention to my opening post.

As for nitpicking, I think your still a bit butthurt for being called out on such clangers as.

The dup have no paramilitary links.
    British Army members aren't loyalists.

And not knowing your UDAs from Rs.

You should give up while you are ahead.

One of them is alleged to have said he was British. Not "a gang of people who identified themselves as British with northern accents, some with UDR connections."

As usual, you go off on one, and get it wrong.

Ah, still trying to desperately circle the wagons with a rambling diatribe about what clothes people wear.

No comment, on the actual unlawful vigilante attack itself on Sunday morning? LOLZ

Ah, still trying to desperately circle the wagons with a rambling diatribe about what clothes people wear.

No comment, on the actual unlawful vigilante attack itself on Sunday morning? LOLZ

No comment wha:confused:

I think I made my views on it very clear.

McGann seems to have been ignoring various creditors including revenue for years, and was quite rightly called out on his refusal to pay up.

I have said quite clearly that the contracting of people with UDR service history who are unlicensed and unregulated (,and could be viewed as being deliberately antagonistic) clearly wasn't the answer, and their was surely better and more productive options open to KBC.

Let me know what part of that wasn't clear.

For the last word on SF representatives, here is a newspaper article which sets out some facts:

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/philip-ryan-sinn-fins-refusal-to-roundly-condemn-attacks-linked-to-dissidents-is-worrying-37639979.html

"On RTÉ One's 'Morning Ireland' yesterday, Mr Ó Laoghaire described the Roscommon eviction as an "outright disgrace" and said there was "great frustration" in the area. When asked to condemn the reprisal attack over the weekend, Mr Ó Laoghaire said the incident "wasn't to be condoned", and "violence won't resolve the situation""

Quite a contrast there on his views of the incidents, one the lawful eviction, the other the vigilante mob.

"On Monday, Ógra Shinn Féin, the party's youth wing, staged a protest in a branch of the bank believed to be behind the eviction.

Party members held placards and chanted "homes for need, not for greed". Again, no mention of the equally horrific attack - linked to dissidents - in the early hours of Sunday morning."

Ogra SF, probably SFOS in another guise, couldn't expect anything different.

"In the Dáil during Leaders Questions, Sinn Féin's Pearse Doherty said the eviction was "appalling" and described the security guards involved as "thugs" and "henchmen".

After his contribution, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar noted Mr Doherty had not condemned the revenge attack."

As for Matt Carthy, here is his first take on it:

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/51897

Speaking on Monday, he had no condemnation of the Sunday night incident. Yes, he rowed back later in the week as the facts came out, but that was his original statement.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/sinn-f%C3%A9in-tds-warn-roscommon-incident-only-the-start-of-it-1.3737473

Kathleen Funchion is threatening more similar incidents

"She said “that’s just the start of it what we saw on Sunday. This is going to continue if we don’t deal with it.”"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sf-councillor-says-he-can-not-condemn-vigilantes-37643526.html

And there is the gob****e Mulligan.

How many of these idiots do I have to produce to back up my simple statement that SF representatives have refused to condemn the vigilante mob.

SF are now setting up their own vigilante anti-eviction organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

The mods here will soon be recieving the 6am Sunday morning treatment.

Is there a sadder existence?

I have said quite clearly that the contracting of people with UDR service history who are unlicensed and unregulated (,and could be viewed as being deliberately antagonistic) clearly wasn't the answer, and their was surely better and more productive options open to KBC.

So many lies, so little time I have to refute.

The security men were hired by the Sheriff, not KBC.
    No clear evidence that the men on site were ex UDR.
    According to the Indo, the men were indeed licensed and held PSA's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

What exactly is the problem with northern Protestants working down here?

Even if they turn out to have been ex-UDR men, what's the problem?

Even if they were ex-UDA men, what's the problem?

That's sort of why we had a peace process, isn't it?

Ex-IRA men are going about their lives doing whatever it is they're doing.

There has been a really sickening partitionist mentality on show from a lot of supporters of the Roscommon vigilantes since this incident.

• Advertisement

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    What exactly is the problem with northern Protestants working down here?

Even if they turn out to have been ex-UDR men, what's the problem?

Even if they were ex-UDA men, what's the problem?

That's sort of why we had a peace process, isn't it?

Ex-IRA men are going about their lives doing whatever it is they're doing.

There has been a really sickening partitionist mentality on show from a lot of supporters of the Roscommon vigilantes since this incident.

In fairness, I don't think we should be accepting SF child-abuse castoffs, either. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

One of them is alleged to have said he was British.

It is not alleged. It is fact.

You must by now have fifty-odd posts on this thread, yet remain utterly unfamiliar with that fact.

How is that even possible ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,548 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

In this context, when talking about private security men, hired to carry out an eviction, the term 'Loyalist' is not a pejorative? LOLZ

No one is buying that but you. Why even mention it so?

The term was used in a sectarian, bigoted manner. Own it and be honest about it, instead of deflecting.

You brought up the idea that I couldn't say this man was a loyalist because I don't know him.
    You don't know me, I can tell you that I'm not a bigot or a racist (you raised the spectre of race by equating what I said with racism then called me racist, which I'm not but you're happy to state as fact). I'm not an intolerant person and resent being labelled as such with no supporting evidence.

The thing is Mark I was broadly agreeing with you in the post I posted in reply to you which you in turn quoted and took out of context (I'm guessing you can't read properly as the post was short enough for it to have been easy to read reasonably quickly).

We haven't gotten on in other threads and you were playing the man and not the ball of you're honest. If I had been paying attention and seen it was you I was replying to originally I wouldn't have bothered as you are an insufferable person to say the least.

I can only repeat that the accusation of bigotry and racism you made against me is completely libelous and unfounded and you by extension are a petty individual who will stoop to any level to assassinate somebody's character.

I do not have to take ownership of anything that you choose to project onto me arbitrarily just because you repeat it over and over.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Billcarson wrote: »
    True yes they won those elections but I would love to see the fg and ff cycle broken and I do understand people's reservations about sf. But there aren't many political parties to choose from.

They badly need more candidates if they are to ever get into government. There are no qualifications or experience required to run as a candidate so why don't you put yourself forward...with all the ideas that you seem to have. The problem is you would actually need to tell people these ideas to get elected. This is something you seem to struggle with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

For the last word on SF representatives, here is a newspaper article which sets out some facts:

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/philip-ryan-sinn-fins-refusal-to-roundly-condemn-attacks-linked-to-dissidents-is-worrying-37639979.html

"On RTÉ One's 'Morning Ireland' yesterday, Mr Ó Laoghaire described the Roscommon eviction as an "outright disgrace" and said there was "great frustration" in the area. When asked to condemn the reprisal attack over the weekend, Mr Ó Laoghaire said the incident "wasn't to be condoned", and "violence won't resolve the situation""

Quite a contrast there on his views of the incidents, one the lawful eviction, the other the vigilante mob.

"On Monday, Ógra Shinn Féin, the party's youth wing, staged a protest in a branch of the bank believed to be behind the eviction.

Party members held placards and chanted "homes for need, not for greed". Again, no mention of the equally horrific attack - linked to dissidents - in the early hours of Sunday morning."

Ogra SF, probably SFOS in another guise, couldn't expect anything different.

"In the Dáil during Leaders Questions, Sinn Féin's Pearse Doherty said the eviction was "appalling" and described the security guards involved as "thugs" and "henchmen".

After his contribution, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar noted Mr Doherty had not condemned the revenge attack."

As for Matt Carthy, here is his first take on it:

http://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/51897

Speaking on Monday, he had no condemnation of the Sunday night incident. Yes, he rowed back later in the week as the facts came out, but that was his original statement.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/sinn-f%C3%A9in-tds-warn-roscommon-incident-only-the-start-of-it-1.3737473

Kathleen Funchion is threatening more similar incidents

"She said “that’s just the start of it what we saw on Sunday. This is going to continue if we don’t deal with it.”"

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/sf-councillor-says-he-can-not-condemn-vigilantes-37643526.html

And there is the gob****e Mulligan.

How many of these idiots do I have to produce to back up my simple statement that SF representatives have refused to condemn the vigilante mob.

SF are now setting up their own vigilante anti-eviction organisation.

no contrast at all, Mr Ó Laoghaire condemned the attack on the security staff.
    Kathleen Funchion is not threatening anything, but suggesting that such actions may become more common if there isn't a change in how evictions are handled, and a change in the type of people charged with carying them out.
    so no, you haven't provided anything to back up your fake news that sf representatives haven't condemned the attacks on the security staff, as a number of them have, for which you have just provided links to show.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Omackeral wrote: »
    Every single post simongurnick makes is thanked by the same person, seemingly automatically. Even things that aren't profound or insightful. It's weird and looks subservient. Kinda kinky.

Yeah he seems to be a thanker rather than a thinker. It's not unique to this thread.

nullzero wrote: »
    You brought up the idea that I couldn't say this man was a loyalist because I don't know him.

And you dont.... so I am correct.

I'm not an intolerant person and resent being labelled as such with no supporting evidence.

Calling a man a Loyalist, purely on the basis of an accent and nationality is indeed a bigoted sectarian remark. Just own it.

I can only repeat that the accusation of bigotry and racism you made against me is completely libelous

Ha, This is AH, not the High Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭blackwhite

This is embarrassing.

Pay attention......

Still with me?

Anyway.

If you’re going to repeatedly post barefaced lies you could at least have the common decency to hold your hand up when called on it. - but I guess that’s expecting too much.

Instead it’s the usual petty digs and the childish rabble of thankers that brainlessly follow.

I guess we can add attacks with baseball bats (altough I can guess why SF acolytes have a soft spot for that) and killing dogs with axes can be added to the list child sex abuse, murdering gardai, harassing rape victims and taunting the families of murder victims to the list of things that our resident “I-swear-I’m-not-a-shinnerbot” cadre will tie themselves in knots trying to defend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

And you dont.... so I am correct.

Calling a man a Loyalist, purely on the basis of an accent and nationality is indeed a bigoted sectarian remark. Just own it.

Ha, This is AH, not the High Court.

calling a man a Loyalist purely on the basis of an accent and nationality is not bigoted and racist. it may be factually incorrect depending on the person but it's not bigoted or racist as you claim.
    blackwhite wrote: »
    If you’re going to repeatedly post barefaced lies you could at least have the common decency to hold your hand up when called on it. - but I guess that’s expecting too much.

Instead it’s the usual petty digs and the childish rabble of thankers that brainlessly follow.

I guess we can add attacks with baseball bats (altough I can guess why SF acolytes have a soft spot for that) and killing dogs with axes can be added to the list child sex abuse, murdering gardai, harassing rape victims and taunting the families of murder victims to the list of things that our resident “I-swear-I’m-not-a-shinnerbot” cadre will tie themselves in knots trying to defend.

where have all of these actions been defended?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭blackwhite

calling a man a Loyalist purely on the basis of an accent and nationality is not bigoted and racist. it may be factually incorrect depending on the person but it's not bigoted or racist as you claim.

where have all of these actions been defended?

On various forums on boards over the past few years.

Just search your own thanks history - it’s safe to say you’ve probably blindly thanked most of them

Advertisement