Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

So the moral of the story is, pay your mortage, and if you can't, then engage with the bank.
    Also, Don't **** with revenue, or they will **** with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Billcarson wrote: »
    I will be voting for Sinn Fein. Certainly not any fg or ff scum. I will be reminded of the homeless crisis, rent crisis , crisis in the
    health , service ,cervical cancer scandel etc etc etc. I hope the electorate don't forget my that.

Homelessness? SF run DCC and have objected to planning all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

article-1337561-0C62CAEF000005DC-535_634x404.jpg

Is that guy tall or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

alan1963 wrote: »
    In the UK the bailiffs don't do any evictions during the month of December they call it the Christmas amnesty, it is because the banks think it would give them bad publicity to evict people near Christmas.

Yeah, but we don’t follow any loyalist rules down here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Maybe not, but bringing in goons from the north a couple weeks before Christmas wasn't the way to go either.

''A coupe of weeks before Christmas''. He had a decade worth of Christmases to pay up. fcuk him.

• Advertisement

Every single post simongurnick makes is thanked by the same person, seemingly automatically. Even things that aren't profound or insightful. It's weird and looks subservient. Kinda kinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Omackeral wrote: »
    Every single post simongurnick makes is thanked by the same person, seemingly automatically. Even things that aren't profound or insightful. It's weird and looks subservient. Kinda kinky.

He also thanks simongurnicks posts when Simon agrees with you. So yeah, pretty much an automatic thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No they are not, the same scum families from the 80's/90's are involved

Do you not remember the IRA lad who was called "the fifty pound man"?
    He used to charge parents 50 quid to "abduct" their troublesome children and scare the Shyte out of them in the back of his van out the country while wearing his mask.
    Turns out he was later jailed for possession of lots of stolen property.
    Some chancer he was. Do as I say, not as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Maybe not, but bringing in goons from the north a couple weeks before Christmas wasn't the way to go either.

Well it was after eight previous Christmases. He made his own luck. The only mistake was the sheriff was too compassionate and gave him too much warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

i thought everything I said was profound and insightful!!!

• Advertisement

''A coupe of weeks before Christmas''. He had a decade worth of Christmases to pay up. fcuk him.

yeah, but this Christmas is special

I will be voting for Sinn Fein. Certainly not any fg or ff scum. I will be reminded of the homeless crisis, rent crisis , crisis in the
    health , service ,cervical cancer scandel etc etc etc. I hope the electorate don't forget my that.

And don’t forget Gerry Mc Cabe R.I.P., the Northern Bank, the disappeared, the Omagh bombing, Priory Hall and all their other wonderful works on behalf of us all...

And just for the craic, change your name to Edward and say you’re illiterate. The shinners personation agent will witness your vote and shït himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

A shady outfit?? They are a registered company.

:rolleyes:

Viper Debt Recovery & Repossession Services.

A registered company, therefore not shady at all.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,654 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Who was telling porkies?

A Sinn Fein representative not only refused to condemn it - he stated he’d have been “dissappointed if it didn’t happen”.

In the rush to defend the indefensible - just because of the party involved - you seem very anxious to ignore the quote that proves the claim you stated was “porkies”

If you had any hint of integrity I’m sure you’d apologise - but I guess we’ll all be left waiting for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Billcarson

JCJCJC wrote: »

And don’t forget Gerry Mc Cabe R.I.P., the Northern Bank, the disappeared, the Omagh bombing, Priory Hall and all their other wonderful works on behalf of us all...

I'm well aware of all that . I never said they were angels . But I still won't vote for fg or ff. I'd rather ***king hang myself first.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

And people really think a United Ireland is achievable with all sides respecting the other??

Bahahaha.

i do believe it is achievible yes.
    i do believe both sides will be able to respect each other and live in harmony.
    i think i might see it in my lifetime.

gandalf wrote: »
    From reading this thread it looks like the green side want an ethnically cleansed United Ireland.

not at all. preventing ethnic cleansing was everything fought against during the troubles.
    gandalf wrote: »
    I think you'll find that most will say it would be nice but not a must have situation.

We certainly could not afford NI ATM. The majority of jobs up there are public or heavily reliant on the public sector. Until that's readdressed a UI is not possible without massive economic damage to us in the South and a sudden erosion of Public Services in NI neither of which will help foster a coming together of the island.

The Brits would be delighted to be rid of them, the province is a millstone around their necks financially.

i don't agree. i think we could well afford it. i think the suggestion otherwise is scaremongering to try and stop what is meant to be and what is just.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

blanch152 wrote: »
    People would also question whether they want incidents like last Sunday morning to be regular occurrences in Ireland.

a UI or no UI won't make any difference to whether such incidents happen or not.
    Just saw the clip of Leo yesterday in the Dail. He was absolutely fuming but kept his cool and nailed Doherty completely. Impressive.

Honestly speaking, I think the real losers in all of this are Sinn Fein. They will get reminded of this incident time and time again but especially during General Elections.

leo made a fool of himself. total embarrassment. i'm sure some will try and use this incident against sf but it won't work. every bit of mud slinging thrown at the party just makes it stronger. just like our good friend jeremy corbyn.
    I very much doubt the majority of people in the Republic want a United Ireland.

ultimately i'd suspect that won't make much if any difference when it comes to it. if britain wants to hand back NI then a UI will happen whether the people here want it or not. that is what i truely feel will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself. This is what I said:
    I called this a couple of days ago in relation to Sinn Fein.

(1) McGann is a neighbour and friend of Matt Carthy, who has released a press statement supporting McGann.

(2) A violent vigilante mob show up to kick out the security guards, injuring them, burning out cars and killing a dog.

It is easy to believe that (1) and (2) are related. The refusal of SF representatives to condemn the vigilante mob only adds fuel to the allegation that the two are related.

I referred to SF representatives in general, not Matt Carthy specifically. Then you posted this heap of rubbish:

I quoted from your actual article where Matt Carthy's condemnation is amibiguous at best, and which containted this gem about Michael Mulligan and I also mentioned Pearse Doherty's performance in the Dail, both SF representatives.
    Ambiguous at best:

"it is not his place to challenge his Roscommon colleague’s Michael Mulligan’s statement that he would not condemn the acts of violence in the early hours of Sunday morning."

Pearse Doherty wouldn't condemn it in the Dail either. We know where SF stand on vigilante mobs.

So go back to my original statement that SF representatives have refused to condemn the vigilante mob and it stands proven. So go away with your goalpost moving, a pathetic attempt to hide the fact that you were wrong again.

2smiggy wrote: »
    what time does EOTR usually get out of bed to start clicking the thanks button. asking for a friend
    aido79 wrote: »
    Around the same time as his fellow SF diehard Davy.

At least EOTR has the bottle to post rather than hide behind the curtains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

This incident won't affect any potential vote. If it comes about it will be due to the fallout from Brexit.

Nonsense. Brexit might trigger a United Ireland vote (very very very very unlikely) but this incident will almost certainly impact on future Sinn Fein votes and the credibility of Sinn Fein.

Sinn Fein's vote is essentially capped (see presidential election for yet more proof) and incidents like Strokestown reinforce that cap. Doherty did huge damage again this week and SF know it.

What we need is a new party which is a viable opposition to FF/FG. Sinn Fein will never ever be that.

• Advertisement

At least EOTR has the bottle to post rather than hide behind the curtains.

https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos

In the digital rising, some have to be officers, and other footsoldiers. You don't expect the officers to have to fight on the frontline, just encourage their troops.

ultimately i'd suspect that won't make much if any difference when it comes to it. if britain wants to hand back NI then a UI will happen whether the people here want it or not. that is what i truely feel will happen.

I see. And in what imaginary world does the UK hand back NI "whether the people here want it or not"? Have you seen how badly they are dealing with Brexit?

I think you've been drinking :)

I see. And in what imaginary world does the UK hand back NI "whether the people here want it or not"? Have you seen how badly they are dealing with Brexit?

I think you've been drinking :)

If the UK decided to hand back NI whether the people here want it or not, such a mess would be made of it that we would end up rejoining the UK instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I have voted Independent in the past 2 GEs because I had no other viable option.

I would be amazed to understand how you think Sinn Fein's magical money tree will fix the problems you listed above :D
    It's the magic beans I'm telling you, the magic beans. What is about that you can't understand

i do believe both sides will be able to respect each other and live in harmony.

We’ve yet to find a way to share our living spaces with our own traveling community. When we’ve resolved that one, we can move on to the difficult issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Do you not remember the IRA lad who was called "the fifty pound man"?
    He used to charge parents 50 quid to "abduct" their troublesome children and scare the Shyte out of them in the back of his van out the country while wearing his mask.
    Turns out he was later jailed for possession of lots of stolen property.
    Some chancer he was. Do as I say, not as I do.
    If he was an IRA lad you're lucky thats all he did. Some of them like young flesh

Nonsense. Brexit might trigger a United Ireland vote (very very very very unlikely) but this incident will almost certainly impact on future Sinn Fein votes and the credibility of Sinn Fein.

Sinn Fein's vote is essentially capped (see presidential election for yet more proof) and incidents like Strokestown reinforce that cap. Doherty did huge damage again this week and SF know it.

What we need is a new party which is a viable opposition to FF/FG. Sinn Fein will never ever be that.

SF has weathered worse **** than this.

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself. This is what I said:

I referred to SF representatives in general, not Matt Carthy specifically. Then you posted this heap of rubbish:

I quoted from your actual article where Matt Carthy's condemnation is amibiguous at best, and which containted this gem about Michael Mulligan and I also mentioned Pearse Doherty's performance in the Dail, both SF representatives.

So go back to my original statement that SF representatives have refused to condemn the vigilante mob and it stands proven. So go away with your goalpost moving, a pathetic attempt to hide the fact that you were wrong again.

an sf representative has condemned it though.
    If the UK decided to hand back NI whether the people here want it or not, such a mess would be made of it that we would end up rejoining the UK instead.

i believe there is absolutely no chance of ireland ever rejoining the uk thankfully. the uk don't want us thankfully.

This incident won't affect any potential vote. If it comes about it will be due to the fallout from Brexit.

SF has weathered worse **** than this.

That's your best response? Seriously? So you agree that SF has a self inflicted cap?

SF might have been responsible for worse alright...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I always laugh at SF and their hypocrisy when it comes to the bailout.

They voted in FAVOUR of the bailout yet rant at FG about it.

They never get pulled up on their hypocrisy but at least Leo gave it back a bit this week.

They are a horrible party.

Advertisement