Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Naos wrote: »
    Just because you say it is fact, does not make it fact.

If I work in Tesco does that mean I am loyal to Tesco and will only shop there?

I see this was already answered, no point embarrassing you twice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

The guy had and has issues living up to his financial responsibilities throughout the last 20 years or so maybe longer. However as some poor unfortunates who found themselves in financial difficulty over the last decade or so they seemed to have buried their heads in the sand and eventually when they emerged instead of engaging with MABS etc they chose the snakeoil route of the likes of Ben Gilroy, ACT and Integrity Ireland which tend to end in disaster.

The internet and social media have appear to have elevated and amplified the influence of those we would have formally considered the village idiot/drunk. Desperate people latch on the promise of a miraculous turn around in their fortunes and promises of taking on the perceived cause of all their woes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Can we stickie the fact they weren't old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Can we stickie the fact they weren't old?

They weren't old, the ex guard didn't lose any teeth, the lads didn't need to be licenced, no one was violently flung into a ditch, your man didn't take out the loan to pay the revenue, and KBC wasn't rescued by the Irish taxpayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

klaaaz wrote: »
    Per dictionary definition, past middle age.

If you insist.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between 45 and 65

• Advertisement

Give it up Klaaaz. You tried to be pedantic and it bit you on the arse. Embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

pablo128 wrote: »
    They weren't old, the ex guard didn't lose any teeth, the lads didn't need to be licenced, no one was violently flung into a ditch, your man didn't take out the loan to pay the revenue, and KBC wasn't rescued by the Irish taxpayer.
    Wait I think we need some what aboutary....
    What about all the tenants evicted due to renovations what about the tenants evicted due to legal rent reviews. Where was their e gang of 20 heavies to get them back into their family home. Wait they weren't well off conman farmers with friends in low places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Omackeral wrote: »
    If you insist.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary middle age is between 45 and 65

The victim who sustained the horrific injuries in the violent attack is 65

Cambridge definition
    Middle age - the period of your life, usually considered to be from about 45 to 60 years old

Embarrassing for you, scarlett for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cambridge definition

Proof???

Cambridge definition

Well no one suffered any horrific injuries so scarlet for you for continually lying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Cambridge definition

:D

Easiest pwnage of the thread so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

No, perhaps you are?

Old people get heart attacks under stress, especially under physical violence. Heart attacks have killed people.

No, I'm not.

You keep saying physical violence. You clearly have no idea of what physical violence is.

That knee scrape you posted earlier - do you genuinely think that is a horrific injury or will you at least try to save some face and admit you perhaps hyped it up a little bit to make your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Now this should be stickied....but some people that think they know without checking their facts will hardly read it

Cambridge definition

You might wanna crack the old dictionary back out again there, partner.

:D

Easiest pwnage of the thread so far.

Is it 2006 again!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Proof???

I heard he was 360 years old and was originally evicted and beaten by Oliver Cromwell so this the second time this family have been subjected to attack from her majesty's forces, shame on Leo for not stopping this first attack... This is more believable than some of the rubbish I have read on Facebook about this incident.

What the fcuk is pwnage by the way?

I'm fairly sure he dabbed after typing it out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I see this was already answered, no point embarrassing you twice. :)

Aye, was a good burn to be fair by Tuxy.

Although I disagree with the statement itself, I believe many join the British army for the money and are not loyal to the queen despite a pledge of allegiance (if that happens), but it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Cambridge definition

Actually all the reports list Kevin Taylor (who seems to be affiliated with ACT) as 63 years old. His "horrific" injuries from the picture listed earlier consist of a bloody nose and grazed knee. Now if you consider those horrific injuries you are deluded. I actually believe you and a couple of others pushing this clearly false narrative need some form of professional help to address these delusional episodes you appear to be suffering from.

And remember he got these MINOR injuries because he tried to stop a legal eviction.

• Advertisement

You might wanna crack the old dictionary back out again there, partner.

Elderly is proven as past middle age so the victim is elderly beyond a shadow of a doubt. You have been found out, give it up as its embarrassing for you at this stage.

I'm fairly sure he dabbed after typing it out anyway.

.....and then got promptly burnt when it turned out he's 63.:D

Elderly is proven as past middle age so the victim is elderly beyond a shadow of a doubt. You have been found out, give it up as its embarrassing for you at this stage.

Have you no shame posting crap after crap after crap. Every point you make is dishonest and your credibility is shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

.....and then got promptly burnt when it turned out he's 63.:D

Pablo, you realise that article you referenced that proves your man is only 63 also makes numerous other claims, ranging from serious assault to possible garda malpractice.

Are you choosing which parts of the article are gospel, and dismissing others depending on whether or not they suit you?

gandalf wrote: »
    Actually all the reports list Kevin Taylor (who seems to be affiliated with ACT) as 63 years old. His "horrific" injuries from the picture listed earlier consist of a bloody nose and grazed knee. Now if you consider those horrific injuries you are deluded. I actually believe you and a couple of others pushing this clearly false narrative need some form of professional help to address these delusional episodes you appear to be suffering from.

And remember he got these MINOR injuries because he tried to stop a legal eviction.

Minor to you as you're young. It's major to an senior citizen, the victim might even end up using crutches with a limp for the rest of his life. Hopefully it won't come to that and hopefully the internal injuries will not get worse despite the despicable ageism shown here against old people.

Pablo, you realise that article you referenced that proves your man is only 63 also makes numerous other claims, ranging from serious assault to possible garda malpractice.

Are you choosing which parts of the article are gospel, and dismissing others dependent on whether or not they suit you?

If you can show me he's 65, I will stand corrected.

And middle aged is considered from 40-64 in this part of the world. 65 would be classed as elderly but Mr.Taylor appears to be 63, hence middle aged.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Minor to you as you're young. It's major to an senior citizen, the victim might even end up using crutches with a limp for the rest of his life. Hopefully it won't come to that and hopefully the internal injuries will not get worse despite the despicable ageism shown here against old people.

Couldn't agree more. It is despicable that you think these people are too senile to be capable of paying their debts. Shame on you......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

My dad is 64. I dare you to tell him he’s elderly. WHO defines elderly as over 65. https://www.who.int/healthinfo/survey/ageingdefnolder/en/

• Advertisement

I'm not young I'm middle aged.

Will you give it up you are embarrassing yourself now. If that Muppet was so frail he shouldn't have put himself in a situation where he could be harmed. Did you see the bit in the video where he threw himself on the ground outside the gate. The guy is another chancer along with McGann.

Advertisement