Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

amcalester wrote: »
    Today's Indo reporting that of the 2 companies involved in the eviction 1 is registered in the Republic. Also reports that one of the reasons for the attack was that local PSA registered security workers were annoyed at not getting the gig.

Judging by their MO, things could have been a lot worse for the McGanns.

Two things there. Do you think local security workers would want that gig? Life would be hell for them if they were involved.

Secondly, I don't think the McGanns are out of the woods yet. I wouldn't be surprised if there are any midnight callers looking for revenge down the line. Those guys are the type to hold grudges.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what time does EOTR usually get out of bed to start clicking the thanks button. asking for a friend

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

2smiggy wrote: »
    what time does EOTR usually get out of bed to start clicking the thanks button. asking for a friend

Around the same time as his fellow SF diehard Davy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Two things there. Do you think local security workers would want that gig? Life would be hell for them if they were involved.

Secondly, I don't think the McGanns are out of the woods yet. I wouldn't be surprised if there are any midnight callers looking for revenge down the line. Those guys are the type to hold grudges.

The second part was tongue-in-cheek and referring to the level of violence in the attack, violence that far exceeded any used in the original eviction.

As to your first point, it's hard to know. If the attackers were confident enough to organize and carry out the attack and with their suspected links to dissident groups then it might be fair to assume that they aren't overly concerned with what the locals think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

As to your first point, it's hard to know. If the attackers were confident enough to organize and carry out the attack and with their suspected links to dissident groups then it might be fair to assume that they aren't overly concerned with what the locals think.

Nah, I can't see locals (even if they had subversive/paramilitary links) wanting to be seen to be taking part in bank evictions against their neighbours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

The homes which belonged to tenant farmers weren't "theirs" either, they belonged to the landlords who, by the standards of many in this thread, had every right to raise rent as high as they wanted and turf people out for non payment.

I do not think anyone that has agreed with the reason for the eviction would agree with that.

The reasons people believe the man should have been evicted:

- Non payment of his mortgage for approx 14 years
    - Non payment of VAT to the Revenue
    - Non payment to local businesses

If this was someone struggling to make their way and had appealed to the bank, I'd be fully on your side. People fall on tough times and they should be supported through them.

This man is a serial defaulter who made no effort to pay back his loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Dissident republicans taking part in, or against bank/state evictions is just farcical boogeymen stuff.

Is there anything our spinmasters won't blame on the dissident's?

Didn't they try and insinuate dissident republicans were infiltrating the highly successful, and extremely peaceful Irish Water protests?

Special doff of a hat to the fcuknut in FG who likened the protesters to ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Today's Indo reporting that of the 2 companies involved in the eviction 1 is registered in the Republic. Also reports that one of the reasons for the attack was that local PSA registered security workers were annoyed at not getting the gig.

Judging by their MO, things could have been a lot worse for the McGanns.

You believe everything the media tell you. They are nothing but collaborators with the corrupt establishment. The indo,would not wipe me hole with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Billcarson wrote: »
    You believe everything the media tell you. They are nothing but collaborators with the corrupt establishment. The indo,would not wipe me hole with it

Why would anyone wipe their hole with a newspaper?? It would not be very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,208 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

aido79 wrote: »
    Around the same time as his fellow SF diehard Davy.

Now there is a strange one, always thanking, never posting.

Is it a sign of approval from the CO?

• Advertisement

Dissident republicans taking part in, or against bank/state evictions is just farcical boogeymen stuff.

Didn't they try and insinuate dissident republicans were infiltrating the highly successful, and extremely peaceful Irish Water protests?

Oh, I don't believe those involved in the attack on the security guards the other night were dissident republicans.

The involvement of Matt Carthy in the case and the lack of condemnation from Pearse Doherty et al for the vigilante mob makes me suspect there was nothing dissident about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    Oh, I don't believe those involved in the attack on the security guards the other night were dissident republicans.

The involvement of Matt Carthy in the case and the lack of condemnation from Pearse Doherty et al for the vigilante mob makes me suspect there was nothing dissident about them.

Are you penning articles for the indo?

No one commented on what you believe , or your infatuation with the shinners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

"The masked attackers were armed with a shotgun, an axe and baseball bats.

The axe was used to inflict severe injuries to the dog, which had to be put down humanely afterwards"

FFS
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Nah, I can't see locals (even if they had subversive/paramilitary links) wanting to be seen to be taking part in bank evictions against their neighbours.

You never know, some of them might be owed money by McGann :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

They have pulled back from blaming the dissidents directly and I do think that is the case. The last thing any illegal organisation wants to do is draw attention to itself. From looking at the reports its more likely that it is individuals with links or a "tainted" past who carried out the assault and Canicide. Some apparently have PSA licenses. I suspect they won't if its confirmed they have been identified on the body cam footage.

I do think TBH the reason the Water Protests worked was not because of the marches it was because people did not pay. I went to one of the early big marches and it was ruined by the rabid Eirigi types spewing all sorts of ****e. I didn't bother going to any of the others because I don't want to be associated with those tossers but I did not pay a cent to Irish Water.

To be honest most of our politicians are idiots. If you look at all the parties no matter what your politics you'll see them from the idiot comparing protesters to ISIS to the one saying we should Nationalise Dell. And don't even listen to most of them talking about the internet and social media it will make you cringe in embarrassment for them.

Why would anyone wipe their hole with a newspaper?? It would not be very comfortable.

They must have masochistic tendencies that's one step away from using sandpaper!

You never know, some of them might be owed money by McGann :D

seem to be an awful lot of people owed money by this crowd. but you have the same muppets as always defending them. i sort of feel sorry for them they are so deluded. I know it's a bit early in the day for them ..

seem to be an awful lot of people owed money by this crowd. but you have the same muppets as always defending them. i sort of feel sorry for them they are so deluded. I know it's a bit early in the day for them ..

TBH I do think all the defenders of this McGann guy only did so because they were afflicted by the Orange rage initially. As the actual facts of the situation are coming out a lot are changing their minds or slipping back into the shadows in silence. In reality the guy and his non-payment ways are irredeemable.

What we are left with are the trolls doing it for the lols or those who will protest at everything because its "giving the two fingers to the man".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I knew a pub years ago where the owner was too mean to keep an adequate supply of toilet paper so he used to stock sliced up Sunday Indo for when stocks went low. It was good wiping my arse with Eamonn Dunphy articles.

gandalf wrote: »
    TBH I do think all the defenders of this McGann guy only did so because they were afflicted by the Orange rage initially. As the actual facts of the situation are coming out a lot are changing their minds or slipping back into the shadows in silence. In reality the guy and his non-payment ways are irredeemable.

What we are left with are the trolls doing it for the lols or those who will protest at everything because its "giving the two fingers to the man".
    In other words " the usual loser gob****es"

• Advertisement

Are you penning articles for the indo?

No one commented on what you believe , or your infatuation with the shinners.

Don't get so upset. I was agreeing with you that it was farcical to believe that dissident republicans were involved. It is much more likely that it was republicans of the good kind who were involved.

The pattern over decades of SF failing to condemn violence perpetrated by their good republican friends is in evidence again.

Edgware wrote: »
    I knew a pub years ago where the owner was too mean to keep an adequate supply of toilet paper so he used to stock sliced up Sunday Indo for when stocks went low. It was good wiping my arse with Eamonn Dunphy articles.

You liked having Eamonn Dunphy near your nether regions......oh dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

An Ireland governed by the Shinners would be a frightening place. Gangs of vigilantes roaming the land dealing out summary justice to those than don't fit the hard-left agenda. An economic wastelands with unemployment over 30% as the FDI's panic and pull out of the Country. No functioning credit system as lending institutions fold. Income tax rates of 70%.

An Ireland governed by the Shinners would be a frightening place. Gangs of vigilantes roaming the land dealing out summary justice to those than don't fit the hard-left agenda. An economic wastelands with unemployment over 30% as the FDI's panic and pull out of the Country. No functioning credit system as lending institutions fold. Income tax rates of 70%.

but everything would be free in this Utopia :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: klaaaz, do not post in this thread. Reason: trolling.

And shame on anyone who fell for it.

Just love this! “Officers believe some attackers are possibly security guards themselves, who were annoyed that many of those chosen to protect the house at Falsk, Strokestown, were from the North”

And “ Others were locals, who opted to join in as a protest, without realising the incident was likely to turn so violent.

"This appears to be largely a case of teaching a lesson to the outsiders because of their selection for the job rather than a protest over the eviction of the family from the house the previous Tuesday", a senior officer told the Irish Independent last night.“

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-believe-whatsapp-group-organised-violent-attack-37643527.html

Mod: klaaaz, do not post in this thread. Reason: trolling.

And shame on anyone who fell for it.

Aw I was getting a good laugh from him (.....I didn't fall for it honest guv!).

Just love this! “Officers believe some attackers are possibly security guards themselves, who were annoyed that many of those chosen to protect the house at Falsk, Strokestown, were from the North”

And “ Others were locals, who opted to join in as a protest, without realising the incident was likely to turn so violent.

"This appears to be largely a case of teaching a lesson to the outsiders because of their selection for the job rather than a protest over the eviction of the family from the house the previous Tuesday", a senior officer told the Irish Independent last night.“

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-believe-whatsapp-group-organised-violent-attack-37643527.html

LOL it is turning into a farce at this stage.

If John B. Keane was alive he'd have great material for "The Field 2" but this time make it a black comedy.

but everything would be free in this Utopia :pac::pac:
    "Someone else" possibly "the rich" would pay for it.
    It would all work out because everyone would be on the average industrial wage like Mary Lou and Dessie Ellis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Edgware wrote: »
    "Someone else" possibly "the rich" would pay for it.
    It would all work out because everyone would be on the average industrial wage like Mary Lou and Dessie Ellis

And of course SF will define "Rich" as anybody who earns 1 euro more than the average industrial wage.

Advertisement