Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is now only 82% Native Irish.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

greencap wrote: »
    And I love kicking the 'we're being over run by non-europeans' narrative.

the country is well over 90% white.

it just is.

And of the 'non white' people, there are loads of 'brown' or 'yellow' people who were born here, raised here, speak irish, play hurling and enjoy the 'craic' as much as anyone who can trace their heritage back to Brian Boru

People are people. There are Irish people who I can't stand and there are immigrants who are amazing. Who cares where someone was born or who their parents are.

You're more likely to be stabbed or raped by someone from your own family than by any stranger no matter where they're from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Akrasia wrote: »
    People won't pull him/her on it because it was a joke

Stop being so offended all the time. You're like a floating ice crystal or something

Racists have no sense of humour.

That's why there have never been any right-wing comedians.

Or, should I say, never any right-wing comedians worth listening to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Racists have no sense of humour.

That's why there have never been any right-wing comedians.

Or, should I say, never any right-wing comedians worth listening to.

Comedy dosen't have to be politicised you know. But of course the left have to politicise every single thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Comedy dosen't have to be politicised you know. But of course the left have to politicise every single thing.

But satire and political comedy can also be superb. You're very easily annoyed. In fairness, satire is pretty appropriate when there's people such as yourself using concern for tourism to mask some pretty horrible views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Akrasia wrote: »
    Ireland, population 4 million
    83% native Irish

America, population 330 million
    10.5% Irish american

There are about 33 million irish americans and less than 4 million irish people

Statistics are gas

Also, about 800k people who were born in ireland are living in the UK somewhere (not even counting NI) and 6 millionish British people have irish grandparents

Anyone who thinks immigration is bad, and is from Ireland, is a feckin hypocrite

It depends where the immigration is from, and the numbers coming/already here.

• Advertisement

I never said comedy had to be politicised.

If you want to argue against somebody who said that, find somebody who said it and argue against them.

batgoat wrote: »
    But satire and political comedy can also be superb. You're very easily annoyed. In fairness, satire is pretty appropriate when there's people such as yourself using concern for tourism to mask some pretty horrible views.

What horrible views? Is it horrible to support border controls and immigration restrictions now? Of course with the sheer arrogance of the left they will laugh and declare mass immigration a non issue try telling that to the victims of the latest terror attacks, those whose daughters have been raped by migrants, those who feel disenfranchised with the system putting migrants ahead of natives and those who are living in fear as a result of migrant gangs.

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    It depends where the immigration is from, and the numbers coming/already here.

Yes of course it does migrants coming from Europe and other Western countries are far more easy to assimilate than those from Africa and The Middle East.

What horrible views?
    You answered your own question in the rest of your post.
    Is it horrible to support border controls and immigration restrictions now? Of course with the sheer arrogance of the left they will laugh and declare mass immigration a non issue try telling that to the victims of the latest terror attacks, those whose daughters have been raped by migrants, those who feel disenfranchised with the system putting migrants ahead of natives and those who are living in fear as a result of migrant gangs.

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    You answered your own question in the rest of your post.

So wanting to feel safe in your own country is now a horrible view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

MONGREL PRIDE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

ok then, continue in your impotent online campaign.

let me know when you make any tangible difference. :D

Didn’t think I was on a campaign. In fact I’m in favour of continued immigration but skeptical of some left wing ideologies : Irish ethnicity doesn’t exist, immigration is always benefical etc.

My understanding is that this was a general discussion board of different opinions. You’ve been quasi modding this thread for a while now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I wish the country was free of hate, racial discrimination, and bad people.

Where nobody knows who they are, what gender they are,were or want to be.

I wish all men were emasculated, and realised there's a bit of gay in everyone.

I wish we all had a refined mid Atlantic accent.

We should all bend over and let our overlord's pi..ss on our back and tell us it's raining.

Yes a utopia society, treat us like mushrooms feeding us sh..it and keep us in the dark...

Yes of course it does migrants coming from Europe and other Western countries are far more easy to assimilate than those from Africa and The Middle East.
    Yet the best GAA players with strong immigrant backgrounds, are all from non-European ethnic/immigrant backgrounds:

The O'hAilpins
    Jason Sherlock
    Lee Chin
    Boidu Sayeh
    Sharioze Akram

Off the top of my head I can't think of a GAA player of note who came from an ethnic Central or Eastern European background.

Actually, now that I really rack my brains, I can think of one - Paddy Ruschitzko - but that's going a long, long way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

it just is.

Not what the OP said in his/her original post. Nor did the opening post say anything about colour percentages.

So that's just you and your ilk twisting people's words to suit. Always the same ploy.

Nevertheless - there has been a huge demographic change in this country in a short time, and there is no chance that Ireland will be the same even in the near future as it is now.

On that basis alone, your cries of 'it just is' are irrelevant.

it just is.

The op said 82% Irish. You were initially not accepting of this figure and started ranting about the 7% of people who were travellers. Without source. That was an order of magnitude wrong. It’s 0.7%.

You however demanded a source for the well known census backed 82%. You couldn’t google it. When you got the source you changed the goalposts to white. In all cases you ignored the trajectory.

It’s fine to argue that you don’t care either way but at your level of innumeracy I’m not sure that we can take your arguments seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Anyway, you accuse me of scaremongering. My answer is to give you evidence from the UK hotel sector.

I didn't accuse you scaremongering, I was very clear that you and the other posters are unable to do it.

You are hopelessly out of your depth, what you're saying is very childish

Working as a hotel porter for a summer or two doesn't mean anything when it comes to knowing about sector.

Anyone involved in the sector would instantaneously know you're not involved I can't be any more clear than that.

Tourism/hospitality is a massively broad sector, I'd bore people to tears just taking about how actually broad it is. Above your taking about one tiny tiny subsection and even at that, what you're saying doesn't make any sense or is in anyway relevant.

Den14 wrote: »
    It would be nice if you could make your point without making it personal
    Fair enough, i'll do my best to be more sensitive, if you look at the reply above you'll see I'm tryin but it would take me forever to reply if I take the softly softly too far.

O.k, so back on topic.

Rather than us beating around the bush forever, I'd love for once and for all, for one of you guys to state clearly what the hell is your actual problem with people who don't have white skin?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Not what the OP said in his/her original post. Nor did the opening post say anything about colour percentages.

So that's just you and your ilk twisting people's words to suit. Always the same ploy.

Nevertheless - there has been a huge demographic change in this country in a short time, and there is no chance that Ireland will be the same even in the near future as it is now.

On that basis alone, your cries of 'it just is' are irrelevant.

It'll swing back to the way it was.... people living in northern Europe will adapt and eventually turn pale evolve like anything does when it's in a different climate.

And it'll be all ok

I'd bore people to tears

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's always about the revolution, zealots are not known for nuanced thought

I think it was Bill Burr who said that, or Doug Stanhope, one of those left wing comedians anyway

• Advertisement

Rather than us beating around the bush forever, I'd love for once and for all, for one of you guys to state clearly what the hell is your actual problem with people who don't have white skin?

Let’s reference the op again.

“Without the racist, xenophobic accusations and all that crap, does anyone have any concerns about just how rapidly the Irish people are decreasing in Ireland ?”

Where are you getting white skin from that?

So wanting to feel safe in your own is now a horrible view.

I'm not sure what "wanting to feel safe in your own" means.

If you meant to ask whether "wanting to feel safe in your own home" is a horrible view, no, of course it isn't.

But of course that's not what you really meant.

What you really meant was "I don't feel safe in my own home because if I go outside it I may see non-white faces".

Which sort of marks you out as having a problem with racism.

I see non-white faces every time I go out. I feel very safe in my own home.

The only disorder I have to worry about is the white Irish students who regularly wake me up by shouting at the top of their voices in the middle of the night, regularly upend bins so that rubbish is strewn all over the street, broke my car mirror and car aerial last month, and regularly throw things into my garden.

Bloody white settled Irish, or something.

Indeed.

Any chance you'd answer my question above

who knows maybe I can help

Bambi wrote: »
    It's always about the revolution, zealots are not known for nuanced thought

I think it was Bill Burr who said that, or Doug Stanhope, one of those left wing comedians anyway

OK, I can't resist.

Doug got into hot water in Kilkenny a few years ago for saying that the real reason there was so much child abuse in Ireland is that... the women are so ugly

:eek::D:D:D:D

Any chance you'd answer my question above

who knows maybe I can help

Your question was a strawman.

Let’s reference the op again.

“Without the racist, xenophobic accusations and all that crap, does anyone have any concerns about just how rapidly the Irish people are decreasing in Ireland ?”

Where are you getting white skin from that?

I'm just trying to cut through all the BS and move the conversation along, It goes round and round in circles with posters bring up everything and anything.

Am I supposed to believe that the above posters are actually concerned about an industry they clearly are not involved in, or know anything about.

I'm using my common sense to say much of what this is about is skin color.

And I genuinely don't know what are peoples concerns and would love to find out.

I'm using my common sense to say much of what this is about is skin color.

And I genuinely don't know what are peoples concerns and would love to find out.

The op didn’t say anything about skin colour. You do seem obsessed with it though.

I'm using my common sense .

This could be the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

The op said 82% Irish. You were initially not accepting of this figure and started ranting about the 7% of people who were travellers. Without source. That was an order of magnitude wrong. It’s 0.7%.

I think if you'd actually bother to check, that you will find I added three conditional clauses to the post you're referencing. And a request for more information, and the word 'believe' rather than the 'is' which you are alluding to now.

You can keep bringing that post up as much as you want, but I'll just keep shooting you down with the facts of its content.

You however demanded a source for the well known census backed 82%. You couldn’t google it.

I tried a few pages, and didn't find anything.
    This is why its a good idea when starting a thread to include a citation of the numbers you claim. Burden of proof and all that.

How well known do you think a single figure from a census really is?
    I hate to break it to you, but the public don't ALL know that particular 82% figure.
    If you don't believe me you could try asking members of the public.

You'll see that I'm right again, and that you're wrong again, and living in your own political themed wonderland.

When you got the source you changed the goalposts to white. In all cases you ignored the trajectory.

Well I found the trajectory, and this thread itself to be subtly deceptive in its nature.
    The thread starts out with an 82% figure, conveniently with no link.

This link would have shown that a relatively large additional percentage exists within the 'white' category.

Knowledge of such an additional percentage would shoot down any nonsense about the country being somehow Africanized.

So, better to leave that out, eh?

If you want to leave ethnicity out of the question, then I'll happily engage with the original ''trajectory'' of the thread.

But....that information is now out there.

Ireland is well over 90% white. And the more you engage with me the more I'll be repeating that line elsewhere online. Again and again.

And again

:D

• Advertisement

Your question was a strawman.

I'll change my username to strawman if you answer the question
    The op didn’t say anything about skin colour. You do seem obsessed with it though.

In this thread, Indeed I am and I've already stated why, I believe even more so than religion skin color is the main reason behind the concerns some people have.

Those "some people" who I believe have "skin color" concerns are here on this very thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement