Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

argentum wrote: »
    Just seen the running order and Neil young is due to do 2 songs with Bob Dillon

Did you see the setlist?

I would presume they'd do All Along The Watchtower and maybe Forever Young?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭fafy

argentum wrote: »
    No pit for those wondering

NoPit, the usual s h i t show organisation, all lining up for Pitch, then they decided to move the crowd to the other side, bit of a scramble, no barrier corralling, but at the front rail since 4, thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone want a standing for a seating ha

Still in the pubs want to go up but love these pubs. This city had done something right compared to an actual city called Waterford. Prob the daytripper hyper mood in me ha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

watching the live stream from neil young archives...great sound looks like good gig...well worth the €2 for month subscription,have lots of tunes for month in HIGH QUALITY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

mcdaids69 wrote: »
    watching the live stream from neil young archives...great sound looks like good gig...well worth the €2 for month subscription,have lots of tunes for month in HIGH QUALITY!

Also watching. Sound and video are a little out of sync but it's like being on stage with the great man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

His gig with pearl jam in 95 in the rds needs to be released. Filmed by Jim Sheridan on proper panavision cameras.
    I’d pay hard money to see that. It was a great gig

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Also watching. Sound and video are a little out of sync but it's like being on stage with the great man!

noticed that,he looks sound out and fun.tall man tho he looks small as he is always hunched over the guitar but hes a giant in person

mcdaids69 wrote: »
    noticed that,he looks sound out and fun.tall man tho he looks small as he is always hunched over the guitar but hes a giant in person

Neil is the best. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise. My favourite rock musician! Nice set so far. Love To Burn is a great track.

His gig with pearl jam in 95 in the rds needs to be released. Filmed by Jim Sheridan on proper panavision cameras.
    I’d pay hard money to see that. It was a great gig

I did hear something about that being released actually, as part of his Archives series. Would be amazing if it happened.

• Advertisement

This is great stuff. Neil wrestling with Old Black is still one of the great sights in music.

saw him with crazy horse night he only had his old big guitars in marquee.billy talbot had stroke same week,he never plays those big gibsons..great night...and saw him with peggy solo in cork as well,amazing energy the first time u see him...

Seen him a few times myself and hoping to see him a few more. Might head to the States to catch a gig towards the end of the year if he tours with CH. He's got some energy on stage for a man of 73. His guitar work is as unique as ever!

Like an Inca

Mansion on the Hill

Over and Over

Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Love to Burn

Throw Your Hatred Down

From Hank to Hendrix

Heart of Gold

Human Highway

Old Man

****in' Up

Cortez the Killer

Piece of Crap

Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)

Rockin' in the Free World

From setlist.FM

Wouldn't be my ideal Neil set, but you couldn't expect that with the range of his career..

Yeah not the greatest setlist of the tour but the performance was fantastic. Cortez was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Neil's young was brilliant. The hey fever got the better of me & we bailed before Dylan. I'm sort of a hoping that they don't do two songs together as I'll be kicking myself if they do

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Layne

Time to commence kicking......!!
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Neil's young was brilliant. The hey fever got the better of me & we bailed before Dylan. I'm sort of a hoping that they don't do two songs together as I'll be kicking myself if they do

Layne wrote: »
    Time to commence kicking......!!

Yeah?!
    What song(s)?

Ben Done wrote:
    Yeah?! What song(s)?

My heart skipped a beat when I read his comment. It's very unlikely that they will share the stage

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MrJangles

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    My heart skipped a beat when I read his comment. It's very unlikely that they will share the stage

Bob & Neil on Will the Circle be Unbroken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MrJangles wrote:
    Bob & Neil on Will the Circle be Unbroken

Go on. Really sicken me. What was the 2nd song?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

D_dwEqFXUAE9XgV.jpg

D_dwEp-WwAE2pxI.jpg

D_dwEqFW4AE3uPD.jpg

D_dwEqFXUAE9XgV.jpg

D_dwEp-WwAE2pxI.jpg

D_dwEqFW4AE3uPD.jpg

bob didnt like your pictures :D:D

Neil without the acoustic guitar suggests it's a version I'd like :(

Great gig but my god never realized the 2 where on stage together ???.

Funny story ended up from the standing area too the €188 seats

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That was fantastic, start to finish really excellent, no pit but loads of room close to the front, Bob and Neil both in Top form.

Like a rolling stone and girl from the north country were highlights, along with cant wait and love sick.

Great set. Cortez the killer from neil was amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I wasn't at this show,but it's great to see the older generation keeping real music alive,Young,Dylan,Springsteen,The Rolling Stones etc.all still going strong.Long may it last as there are unfortunately no young artists coming after them who will still be doing it after ten or twenty years never mind fifty.

I wasn't at this show,but it's great to see the older generation keeping real music alive,Young,Dylan,Springsteen,The Rolling Stones etc.all still going strong.Long may it last as there are unfortunately no young artists coming after them who will still be doing it after ten or twenty years never mind fifty.

Sad part is almost all of the artists I go to see live won't be around in 10 years or so. Paul Simon has retired. Just saw Elton John & Billy Joel on their farewell tour. Leonard Coen is no longer with us. Dylan is 78 and the stones are around the same age. We have to enjoy them now while we can

• Advertisement

Prob half cut but listening too the folk stuff from Dylan on the way home y can hear the similarities too tonight

Advertisement