Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan & Neil Young, Kilkenny July 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,856 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hurry or you might miss out

'Extra Tickets on sale this Thursday at 9am'

Doors 4pm
    Glen Hansard 5pm
    Neil Young 6pm
    Bob Dylan 8.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hurry or you might miss out

'Extra Tickets on sale this Thursday at 9am'

Doors 4pm
    Glen Hansard 5pm
    Neil Young 6pm
    Bob Dylan 8.45pm

What, Bob after Neil?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Dylan was always the headliner.

Whats surprising is they are advertising extra tickets on sale when it is nowhere near sold out.

poundhound wrote: »
    Dylan was always the headliner.

Whats surprising is they are advertising extra tickets on sale when it is nowhere near sold out.

They always do that too try and boost sales

Think it will do well enough but the price is ridiculous tbh esp for the seated ones which are only bucket seats

Likely Kilkenny will be playing there All Ireland Quarter final the same day which will result in a good atmosphere in the pubs before hand. As a Waterford man be sweet to see them lose but Cork of all people beating them ha. Happend before in 2013 when Springsteen played Nowlan Park

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Think it will do well enough but the price is ridiculous tbh esp for the seated ones which are only bucket seats

Likely Kilkenny will be playing there All Ireland Quarter final the same day which will result in a good atmosphere in the pubs before hand. As a Waterford man be sweet to see them lose but Cork of all people beating them ha. Happend before in 2013 when Springsteen played Nowlan Park

How will the Deise get on in their 1/4 final ? :rolleyes:
    Sweet ….. :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just had a look there at the prices ,170 euro for seats at the opposite end of the pitch in a seat with no legroom.
    Idiotic pricing.

greenspurs wrote: »
    How will the Deise get on in their 1/4 final ? :rolleyes:
    Sweet ….. :D

great :D:D

Some great pubs on the way too Nowlan Park. Imagine they will be very busy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What, Bob after Neil?

It's a matter of opinion as to who should headline this show but I don't ink Neil cares too much one way or another. He doesn't strike me as the type to have a big ego. Personally Neil is the bigger attraction for me. Bob mumbles into the mic more each time I see him. I genuinely struggle to understand what he is singing. As the old lady judge (Linda Martin) from You're A Star used to say, "his diction is very bad". He & the band still make a cracking sound but I'd love to be able to understand what he's singing at the same time.

Plenty of ways to get there, but none to get back. No train has been announced after 18:45. No Kavanaghs after 19:30. Last Dublin M9 Coach is 21:45. :(

Hitch

I'm lucky enough with Dublin Coach as they have a bus leaving KK too Waterford at 23.45. Although I pre booked I still need to get a seat as it will be full more than likely by walk ons. ****ed up myself and booked the Ormonde Road spot instead of the Mcdonagh Junction one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,306 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

They often advertise tickets nearer the event.

Am hearing this one is doing well tickets sales wise

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'm lucky enough with Dublin Coach as they have a bus leaving KK too Waterford at 23.45. Although I pre booked I still need to get a seat as it will be full more than likely by walk ons. ****ed up myself and booked the Ormonde Road spot instead of the Mcdonagh Junction one.

If you've a prebooked seat I'd just get on at MacDonagh Junction anyway.

If you've a prebooked seat I'd just get on at MacDonagh Junction anyway.

Messaged them and asked could I but ya know companies and there bolloxology about those sort of things. It's not that much of a walk but ya knw

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's a matter of opinion as to who should headline this show but I don't ink Neil cares too much one way or another. He doesn't strike me as the type to have a big ego. Personally Neil is the bigger attraction for me. Bob mumbles into the mic more each time I see him. I genuinely struggle to understand what he is singing. As the old lady judge (Linda Martin) from You're A Star used to say, "his diction is very bad". He & the band still make a cracking sound but I'd love to be able to understand what he's singing at the same time.

I'm going primarily for Neil too but I accept that Dylan is Dylan and kinda has to be the headliner given his status, really....

I'm just looking on it as a nice bonus after Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Seems very poor of Irish rail that they couldn’t be bothered putting on a service- another missed opportunity to use the public transport assets the tax payer funds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭fafy

road_high wrote: »
    Seems very poor of Irish rail that they couldn’t be bothered putting on a service- another missed opportunity to use the public transport assets the tax payer funds

They have added a special late train service from Kilkenny to Waterford, leaving at 23:10.

It seems they do add services on a “demand” basis, i guess a lot of people will drive, though i would have expected the demand to be there from Dublin.

http://www.irishrail.ie/rail-fares-and-tickets/additional-services-concerts-and-events

Maybe it is because of all the anti social behaviour on some late night services in Dublin, there has been many assaults on staff and other issues, carriages damaged etc.

Handy booked the late train service from Kilkenny- Waterford about €8 not bad and next too Nowlan Park too. Had a return Dublin Coach ticket but ill just go up on it and get the train back (will save me the walk back after the gig ha)

2nd night of 9 gig Euro tour for Neil Young, he played a good few new ones last night, about 12 tracks different to the first night in Denmark, so after 2 gigs he’s played 32 tracks so far:

Neil Young
    2019-07-02
    Elbufer, Dresden, Germany
    w/ Promise Of The Real

1. Mansion On The Hill (electric guitar)
    2. Powderfinger (electric guitar)
    3. Love To Burn (electric guitar)
    4. Alabama (electric guitar)
    5. Words (electric guitar)
    6. Bad Fog Of Loneliness (electric guitar)
    7. The Needle And The Damage Done (acoustic guitar - solo)
    8. Comes A Time (acoustic guitar)
    9. Human Highway (acoustic guitar)
    10. Lotta Love (acoustic guitar)
    11. Walk On (electric guitar)
    12. Winterlong (electric guitar)
    13. F*!#in' Up (electric guitar)
    14. Cortez The Killer (electric guitar) - stopped and restarted for tuning
    15. Cinnamon Girl (electric guitar)
    16. Rockin' In The Free World (electric guitar)
    17. Powderfinger (electric guitar) - yes, played two times
    18. Roll Another Number (electric guitar)
    19. Piece Of Crap (electric guitar)
    ---
    20. Like A Hurricane (electric guitar)

Tour: 2019 Promise Of The Real Shows
    Band: Promise Of The Real

Neil Young - vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harmonica
    Lukas Nelson - electric guitar, vocals
    Micah Nelson - electric guitar, piano, stringman, vocals
    Corey McCormick - bass, vocals
    Anthony Logerfo - drums
    Tato Melgar - percussion

Deff go in and catch Glen Hansards set he was amazing last night and like 2013 if the sound is good he will start a great evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ronan G17

JoeBox wrote: »
    For people looking for a bus. I just bought a ticket from here

It starts in the north and last stop is at Red Cow before Kilkenny

Any idea what time the return coach is picking up going back to dublin after the gig?

• Advertisement

Tbf this doesn't sound bad and it's close enough too the original version of it. All us event junkies might recognize this ha

https://youtu.be/2rc80DjVeEw

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tbf this doesn't sound bad and it's close enough too the original version of it. All us event junkies might recognize this ha

https://youtu.be/2rc80DjVeEw

If you liked the Eddie Vedder gig you need to go see Neil Young, he's the master. Eddie's gig was good but not a patch on when Neil played the 3 arena last.

If you liked the Eddie Vedder gig you need to go see Neil Young, he's the master. Eddie's gig was good but not a patch on when Neil played the 3 arena last.

Very much plan on going into too see him. Heard good and bad about him in the past from reading here etc. Some great songs from listening to his catalogue and should put on a good show. Heard he can be a moody bollocks too

Dont think in this current society 'Hurricane' would be an ideal live song for Dylan cause of some of the lyrics

**** knows how he rearrange the song anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Dont think in this current society 'Hurricane' would be an ideal live song for Dylan cause of some of the lyrics

**** knows how he rearrange the song anyways

Considering he has not played it live since the late 70s, I don't see it being a problem :pac:

Very much plan on going into too see him. Heard good and bad about him in the past from reading here etc. Some great songs from listening to his catalogue and should put on a good show. Heard he can be a moody bollocks too

Not really...he just gets on with the show and doesn't really engage but he generally has a good time up there. His band is quite young and he seems to have fun when he's with them

Just don't expect any banter or a cupla focal or any lines about how he loves Ireland. Fine by me - just give us the music,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

5 gigs done on Euro Tour so far, Neil has played 43 tracks across those 5 gigs, great variety of tracks, would love to hear “Change Your Mind”.

Loving these setlists, and the variety.

fafy wrote: »
    5 gigs done on Euro Tour so far, Neil has played 43 tracks across those 5 gigs, great variety of tracks, would love to hear “Change Your Mind”.

Loving these setlists, and the variety.

Yeah, me too. My heart skipped a beat when I saw he'd done that one...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thinking of going to this lads. Are any of you getting a bus back to Dublin after the gig?

Advertisement