Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,413 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Uh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

rizzodun wrote: »
    Picked up a 09 Mazda 6 Estate last week.

Kinda the same right?

It's no 3SGTE Caldina but it's something alright. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

CianRyan wrote: »
    It's no 3SGTE Caldina but it's something alright. :P

I'd rather a Stagea!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Don't get me wrong, this is all kinds of WIN but €1,950 for a Camry with no NCT, high tax, over 100k miles, scuffs on the rear bumper and a recession already underway the price is all wrong.

I'd love it and would be interested but there no way it's a car worth more than €950 or have I lost touch myself? Even if it was perfect and had properly low mileage for a collector to be interested I couldn't see it worth €1,950.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2000-toyota-camry-low-mileage/24394603?campaign=3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I honestly think that the previous model to that is a more desirable car to be honest, especially with a v6. That model just didn't do it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Camry's were built for the V6. That thing is underpowered even with a 2.2 litre.

Yeah but if you’re gonna buy a 3.0 car, should it really be a FWD Toyota you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah but if you’re gonna buy a 3.0 car, should it really be a FWD Toyota you get?

There's a 9-3 Vector 2.6 turbo sitting forlorn outside my window if that's your bag: anyone want throw a value on it ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I think the estates are pretty desirable but liftbacks are like the first and last slices in a slice pan,unappealing and unwanted

Ah hello, speak for yourself: there the two slices I go for ! :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

galwaytt wrote: »
    There's a 9-3 Vector 2.6 turbo sitting forlorn outside my window if that's your bag: anyone want throw a value on it ?

Where is your window and what year is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'd buy a 3.0 Toyota, but not their FWD one..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Another dreamer with a Merc estate. €3000 for a 20 year old E240 anybody? The worst generation of all the E classes to boot.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-7-seater-new-nct-to-march-2021/24484938

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

those front lights ruined the the design of the car. what a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    Another dreamer with a Merc estate. €3000 for a 20 year old E240 anybody? The worst generation of all the E classes to boot.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/mercedes-7-seater-new-nct-to-march-2021/24484938

Thats our old mate phil

G8yMyzWl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Interslice wrote: »
    Thats our old mate phil

G8yMyzWl.png

LOL! Brilliant!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

I fear Donedeal is a complete pile of dreamers now untill they come to terms with the new state of the economy in the next few months!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    I fear Donedeal is a complete pile of dreamers now untill they come to terms with the new state of the economy in the next few months!!!

You'd be off your head to put any money into a car right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Id say there will be a few nice cheap motors going with people out of work etc. Sad but true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Camry's were built for the V6. That thing is underpowered even with a 2.2 litre.
    I drove (stole) a friend of my fathers prior generation 2.2 litre XV10 for a spin back in the day. Granted maintenance and servicing may not have being high on its owners list of priorities but it felt pretty dead considering what I was expecting. My fathers then 1.3 litre E90 corolla felt much more nippy in kick down. Can only imagine the XV20 we are discussing is a heavier car than that prior model. Unless that 2.2 engine is a considerably up in power then it would be needing something stronger alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I would say it was the apparent lack of proper rust proofing that ruined the design of the car. The front lights while hardly too graceful would be a trivial design flaw by comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

They were hideous

The rest of the car wasn’t exactly pretty either and that vintage of interior was pretty horrid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

You'd can only pull off driving one of those mercs if your wearing a sleeveless knitted cardigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Interslice wrote: »
    You'd can only pull off driving one of those mercs if your wearing a sleeveless knitted cardigan.

Hey, why you talk about about how I dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

i feel this should be prefixed by ''guilty pleasure' but i have always liked the W210, not because they were a particularly handsome car, but moreso i thought they carried the flag for the traditional slab sided midsize Mercedes barge.
    Granted it could never match its more lithe contemporary peer (the E39) in driveability or looks but it upheld the stolid Stuggart values, i feel its a pity it was let down by a rust prone body & electrical gremlins, it truly was MBs shoddiest period.
    In the looks department, i don't think wither of the 2 subsequent models were any improvement, and the E class didn't hit its stride again until the W213 (2016 on)

I think the w211 has aged really well, especially in the interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

I think the w211 has aged really well, especially in the interior.
    i'll give you that colm, the W211 has matured nicely and can look very smart in the right colour/spec combo, but when it first came out it looked like a Hyundai, not a Merc (imho)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-sprinter-carib-jdm/24493612

YzVlM2QwM2VlZjY2ZWY0ZmI3MTU1ZmQ0MWY2ZWUwZmVDaF0dkaeFOOmO2kW6OtkKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDQ0MjEyMjd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice and all as this is, is a 1.6 automatic Corolla estate worth €6500?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-sprinter-carib-jdm/24493612

Nice and all as this is, is a 1.6 automatic Corolla estate worth €6500?

Maaaaybe worth a bit closer to the asking if it was a bz-touring and had the 20v Blacktop with manual 6 speed, but no - not worth the colour of it.

IIRC there was a caldina turbo for sale last year that didn't even make that type of money

• Advertisement

Kinda makes you think though, Toyota Europe really made a balls of the front end. I know they were trying to do something different, and it was controversial at the time. The front end on this JDM is more traditional but is much nicer.
    The arrival of the Ford Focus a year later showed it up as being a half assed development of the 1992 model.

Advertisement