Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Man is having a laugh and I love those Z4s.
    I'd have a Z4M in my euromillions garage all day long but you couldn't convince me to buy a 2.2 auto for any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I hate it when sellers conveniently forget to include the tax bracket on thier ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

mondeo wrote: »
    10k for a 2004' Z4.... 5k if your lucky considering your a dealer.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/z4/bmw-z4-2004/18274205
    Writing in all caps deserves a slap.
    10 grand would get you a much nicer car than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Was looking at a nice 04 z425i manual yesterday. 3k euro or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Interslice wrote: »
    Was looking at a nice 04 z425i manual yesterday. 3k euro or so.

Link?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-s-class-s430/24182337

MDVkNTQyMzA4ZWY3NzA1OGFlMTUzODMyZDQ5MDc1ZTeKk5j1Uq8kxGqUesCI-weFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI2MTU0MDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I can't think of any scenario where an old model S Class petrol is worth €7k in this day and age, or have I got it wrong? You'd surely be into a very nice 07+ model for this money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Interslice wrote: »

Looks clean. It's times like these I wish I had a garage to keep a car like that in.

eljono wrote: »
    Looks clean. It's times like these I wish I had a garage to keep a car like that in.

Mileage is a little high but could mean alot of the post 100k niggles are sorted. They'd be a lovely yolk for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

The Z4 are really cool looking cars... Very James Bond in my opinion. I would love one but a convertible is not for me. I would have to put a hard top on it, but they never fit properly and have all sorts of air leaks, wind noise. I had an MX5 years ago with a hard top and it drove me mad with wind noise, I ended up sealing all around the hardtop with a bathroom silicone sealent !.... I never once drove it with the roof off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

The Z4 are really cool looking cars... Very James Bond in my opinion. I would love one but a convertible is not for me. I would have to put a hard top on it, but they never fit properly and have all sorts of air leaks, wind noise. I had an MX5 years ago with a hard top and it drove me mad with wind noise, I ended up sealing all around the hardtop with a bathroom silicone sealent !.... I never once drove it with the roof off.

just get a Z4 Coupe..

bmw_z4_coupe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Kamili wrote: »
    just get a Z4 Coupe..

bmw_z4_coupe.jpg

What an ugly brute.....never seen one look so bad

oldsmokey wrote: »

What?

That’s a stunning car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Should’ve gone to Specsavers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Art is art.
    Much more handsome than the open top and will be much more desirable in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Art is art.
    Much more handsome than the open top and will be much more desirable in a few years.

Art my arse, it's just a copy of the E type.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Art my arse, it's just a copy of the E type.
    Art is subjective
    Looks absolutely nothing like an E type.
    That’s like saying a 3 series is a copy of a Cortina because they’re both saloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

I didn't actually know there was a Z4 coupe, first time I have seen one. I don't like the look of the rear of it, not a great looking coupe imo. I wouldn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

I didn't actually know there was a Z4 coupe, first time I have seen one. I don't like the look of the rear of it, not a great looking coupe imo. I wouldn't buy it.

Think its a smashing looking car. Inside and outside, especially if you consider times it was built in. Some really nice looking examples on autotrader.co.uk

If you say no to this I think its a time to take up chess :)

9fb31db8aa3444b9bc3ca34422d57250.jpg377bdad8718a40f7900a93e60456c16c.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Shhot me down in flames if ye will, but the Z4 Coupe always reminded me of the Triumph GT6 Coupe.

ebay835874.jpg

Which I like and I like the Z4 Coupe too. I actually prefer it to the roadster TBH. Though I think the Triumph rear quarter windows are better realised as they follow the shape of the haunches. They look more awkward on the Beemer IMHO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Carpentry wrote: »
    Think its a smashing looking car. Inside and outside, especially if you consider times it was built in. Some really nice looking examples on autotrader.co.uk

If you say no to this I think its a time to take up chess :)

9fb31db8aa3444b9bc3ca34422d57250.jpg377bdad8718a40f7900a93e60456c16c.jpg
    The gold wheels make me feel sick.

This space cadet. Yeah its a coupe, yeah its rare enough, but 5k, absolutely not, if it was listed for 500 I'd still haggle.

accord.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/542579333171971/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'm pretty sure that car is a repeat offender in this thread.

I'm pretty sure that car is a repeat offender in this thread.

I'm also pretty sure the first time I saw it posted it was 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 73,412 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You’d get a new one in and VRTd for around €20k

Packs add cost obv, same as anything, but..

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

This space cadet. Yeah its a coupe, yeah its rare enough, but 5k, absolutely not, if it was listed for 500 I'd still haggle.

accord.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/542579333171971/

How else is he going to get his €3800 back in fairness, someone has to foot the bill......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I like the tyre lettering coloured white

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Does that engine even have VTEC? I'm guessing it does not but I could be wrong. For a heavy car like that you would want the H22 lump from a prelude.

• Advertisement

Does that engine even have VTEC? I'm guessing it does not but I could be wrong. For a heavy car like that you would want the H22 lump from a prelude.

SOHC, somewhere around 150bhp when new... so wouldn't pull your socks down at this stage.

Advertisement