Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

£27495 for a car that is a UK Category B due to low level flood damage and can't be legally used on the road (plus could have hidden issues) :eek:

YjUzM2Y5N2RlMDc1YWQzODY3ZDM2ZTc4Y2U2Y2E2MTDiLSeOcGncwVX_OsmGndwGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDExMTMwMjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2017-67-bmw-m3-competition-pack-3-0-dct/24107424

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Top Dog wrote: »
    £27495 for a car that is a UK Category B due to low level flood damage and can't be legally used on the road (plus could have hidden issues) :eek:

YjUzM2Y5N2RlMDc1YWQzODY3ZDM2ZTc4Y2U2Y2E2MTDiLSeOcGncwVX_OsmGndwGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDExMTMwMjR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2017-67-bmw-m3-competition-pack-3-0-dct/24107424

A "Cat B" is not a repairable vehicle.
    Any critical parts such as suspension, brakes, electronic sensors, etc cannot be used legally used on another vehicle.

I'm nearly sure anything that's Cat B is supposed to be crushed.

How is this even for Sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Any critical parts such as suspension, brakes, electronic sensors, etc cannot be used legally used on another vehicle.

I'd like to ring and ask how has the seller driven it 500 miles on UK roads if it is not allowed to be used on UK roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I think Cat A is instant crushing. Cat B can have parts salvaged, Cat C can be repaired. So the BMW is an expensive donor car, or track car.
    Category B (unchanged)

Body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable.

Should never re-appear on road, although reclaimed parts can be used in other road-going vehicles.

Source - https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/know-how/what-is-an-insurance-write-off/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wouldn’t get passed as a camper here AFAIK

Those Transporter campers don’t make any sense to be on a good day, but that particular one is depressingly basic inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

L-M wrote: »

I'd love one of those, and done right they're not far off that price.

That one is terrible though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yeah you could probably justify some lunacy of a price if it had the VRT paid but Jaysus.

The inside of that van reminds me of something I've seen in a crime film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

Plug in gas cooker??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,277 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ba_barabus wrote: »
    The inside of that van reminds me of something I've seen in a crime film.

I've seen death row prison cells i would rather spend the night in.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

There should really be some sort of regulation around the use of the words 'immaculate' and 'mint'.

I hope Luke has €3000 in cash in the glovebox for the new owner too

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/95-toyota-corolla-nct-06-20-2-keys-154k-miles/24302786

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd love it but sweet Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Honestly, nice and all as it is, it’s current value really is (IMO) much closer to €365.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 andrew1300r

LOL ..some dreamer alright ..Lucky to get €400 for it i reckon

dubbrin wrote: »
    There should really be some sort of regulation around the use of the words 'immaculate' and 'mint'.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/95-toyota-corolla-nct-06-20-2-keys-154k-miles/24302786

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Regardless of price, I fail to see how they are in anyway desirable. Cousins had loads when we were growing up and they were awful depressing to be a passenger in.

Regardless of price, I fail to see how they are in anyway desirable. Cousins had loads when we were growing up and they were awful depressing to be a passenger in.

We had one at home years ago, 94TN709 in the same colour. Grim at the time but I'd like one for the nostalgia. I might go and find a good condition one for €500 in the summer once I've completed my Renault 19 project.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd at least want the centre caps for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

dubbrin wrote: »

140mph speedo in that thing... Not even down hill with hurricane winds would it hit that :P

Mary Contrary who bought that new in the day, "Oh looks it does 140MPH" :pac:

I'd at least want the centre caps for that money.

And original hubcaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

You shut your mouth. You shut it right now :p

Have an Xli at home that's been in the family for years. I think familiarity has bred a love for it's classic styling. Will be giving it the treatment soon enough to get it back to it's former glory but I'm realistic and know it'll never be worth more than €500 if looked after
    mondeo wrote: »
    140mph speedo in that thing... Not even down hill with hurricane winds would it hit that :P

Mary Contrary who bought that new in the day, "Oh looks it does 140MPH" :pac:

The old man was using it to tow trailers of animal feed. 1.5t at a time, no bother. He did say that 5th was pointless. Reckoned that in all the mileage he's done in it 4th was far more economical, even with a load up.......

It needs nothing more than an oil level a touch above 'min' and some petrol. Been like that for the last 15 years

Passenger side rear lamp is spurious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

my first car was the hatch back version, with the same 1.3 engine. I gave that poor car some abuse! If finally died on me with almost 280k miles on the clock in 2010. I sold it onto a mechanic for €150, he had it back on the road again soon after. By the end it was like a 2 stroke engine with the amount of oil it burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Anjobe

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Passenger side rear lamp is spurious.

Well spotted, and looks like the boot lid and rear quarter panel don't line up quite right there too. Possible accident damage on the left rear corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I have a 93 one except for a bit of wear and tear never a days trouble, the thing has taken some abuse,boot fulls of turf,cement,timber and even engines over the years but I adore the thing. I have a 14 audi that spends most of it's time parked up because I drive the corolla most of the time

Anjobe wrote: »
    Well spotted, and looks like the boot lid and rear quarter panel don't line up quite right there too. Possible accident damage on the left rear corner?

Badges are in the wrong place too. Not a big deal, but if you’re asking stupid money, the car would want to be immaculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭mondeo

10k for a 2004' Z4.... 5k if your lucky considering your a dealer.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/z4/bmw-z4-2004/18274205

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

mondeo wrote: »
    10k for a 2004' Z4.... 5k if your lucky considering your a dealer.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/z4/bmw-z4-2004/18274205

Woah! Awful price. But at least it’s a 6cyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

They always seem to have overpriced stock, by 3-4 grand at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Id want a manual.its a 5grand motor though

Advertisement