Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

eljono wrote: »
    Wibbs, you have a way with words! :D

That is the technically correct term in the b series world. :D

I can't fathom how anyone with a b16 isn't living on the limited. I've only driven them a few times but man I loved it.
    All of my cars live at their rev limit, I am mad for it to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd a skunk2 system on mine, poor car spend its entire ownership with me banging gears on the limit in 2nd and 3rd making a ridiculous amount of noise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

My aul EG went to 10,500. That was a bit of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What had you done to it? Cams, springs, retainers, pistons?

What had you done to it? Cams, springs, retainers, pistons?

Ah a couple bits and bobs, it was 203hp stock bottom end B16A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It was a true dreamers car and it probably went for a steal in the end by today's standards.

When I drove it, I kept dropping out of vtec because I was scared (and it wasn't mine). :pac:

CianRyan wrote: »
    It was a true dreamers car and it probably went for a steal in the end by today's standards.

When I drove it, I kept dropping out of vtec because I was scared (and it wasn't mine). :pac:

I sold it for probably double what it was worth... Which is now half of what it's worth :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Need pics of the vtec lads

Excuse the horrible photos, it's been 10 or more years and it's all I can find. I bought this with a few engine mods, I know it had skunk cams and a few other bits, running 201 bhp which in a car that weighs as much as a tin of beans...It was fun. Sold it for less than you'd pay for 4 decent tires these days...next time I saw it was two years ago for mad money and it popped up again about 6 months ago for even madder money... and my god - it looked neglected to the point it needed a complete rebuild. I'm hoping it found its way to a good home, it was tested until recently so...

Untitled.png
    IMG-2191.jpg
    IMG-3074.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Excuse the horrible photos, it's been 10 or more years and it's all I can find. I bought this with a few engine mods, I know it had skunk cams and a few other bits, running 201 bhp which in a car that weighs as much as a tin of beans...It was fun. Sold it for less than you'd pay for 4 decent tires these days...next time I saw it was two years ago for mad money and it popped up again about 6 months ago for even madder money... and my god - it looked neglected to the point it needed a complete rebuild. I'm hoping it found its way to a good home, it was tested until recently so...

Is that you wearing those shorts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Is that you wearing those shorts?
    I thought that was a pair of chromed trousers they're so reflective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭passatman86

Is that the del sol with like 300k on it and had a twin exhaust. That or its twins was for sale AGES on line. Haven't seen a del sol in a long time

Is that the del sol with like 300k on it and had a twin exhaust. That or its twins was for sale AGES on line. Haven't seen a del sol in a long time

That was the one. It's been highly molested...I was in contact with the owner at the time who was adamant on getting the full asking price so I backed out...

And yes... They're my shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

CianRyan wrote: »
    That is the technically correct term in the b series world. :D

That's gas, had me lolling anyway when I read it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

You seem to have done all the right things Wibbs. Rust is what will probably get it in the end. It's also a car that is steadily rising in price. See the ek9 going for 15 grand and it doesn't even have a NCT.

"Asking for" would be a more accurate way of putting it. I can't see anyone paying 15k for an undersealed 12 owner EK9 with 260k KM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Of all the cars ive had over the years my SiR del sol is the one i have the most nostalgia about. Like another poster it drank very little oil and got a really good seeing too every day. Id have it up there with my DC2, with the clip off roof with vtec and a lovely cockpit being the clincher with the del sol.

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Of all the cars ive had over the years my SiR del sol is the one i have the most nostalgia about. Like another poster it drank very little oil and got a really good seeing too every day. Id have it up there with my DC2, with the clip off roof with vtec and a lovely cockpit being the clincher with the del sol.

Absolutely underrated cars, they have a image of a hairdressers car and never hit it off with the usual jap crowd. They were awesome... Mine had the transtop roof, beautiful, no folding anything, just undo two clips and it would fold away into the boot. I have regrets there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Remember that time we kept the pigeons awake in a warehouse one evening hockeying it off the limiter and me poisoning them with diesel smoke many moons ago? :p

Remember that time we kept the pigeons awake in a warehouse one evening hockeying it off the limiter and me poisoning them with diesel smoke many moons ago? :p

Yes, yes I do :pac: I sold it not long after and got the 180!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Sweet Jesus this is grim reading...

CoBo55 wrote: »

Don't read it so.

• Advertisement

There's an ignore button that might suit you perfect so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭supersaint3

Top Dog wrote: »
    Afraid you're showing a serious lack of knowledge. The Amazon has a global reputation for being one of the best 4x4's you can buy. Bomb-proof Toyota reliability that can go almost anywhere. They're highly sought after, particularly in Australia, as touring rigs. They go forever if looked after, in serious comfort.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they get very close to that asking price.

Down to €17,500 from 20k now, perhaps your smarminess was a little misplaced, as well as that of the 12 pax who thanked your post!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Down to €17,500 from 20k now, perhaps your smarminess was a little misplaced, as well as that of the 12 pax who thanked your post!
    I think the problem is SS you're both right in a lot of ways. Top Dog is right as far as the global rep is concerned, you're right in that that is far less likely to fly in the Irish market context. I'd reckon a far number of dreamer cars in this thread have the same problem. The seller sees (usually niche type) Car X go for 10,000+ in England or Germany or wherever and thinks it's worth that here, only Ireland is a small market, pretty conservative and niche cars might have only a few dozen potential buyers.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭supersaint3

Wibbs wrote: »
    I think the problem is SS you're both right in a lot of ways. Top Dog is right as far as the global rep is concerned, you're right in that that is far less likely to fly in the Irish market context. I'd reckon a far number of dreamer cars in this thread have the same problem. The seller sees (usually niche type) Car X go for 10,000+ in England or Germany or wherever and thinks it's worth that here, only Ireland is a small market, pretty conservative and niche cars might have only a few dozen potential buyers.

Thanks Wibbs, extremely well said - great point around the extremely limited marked for niche vehicles in Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭newmember2

Get a room

newmember? wrote: »
    Get a room

Can't due to Covid, can we stay in your house instead? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Jaysus the kill joys around here huh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

And yes... They're my shorts.

Jesus.... :confused:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

How about we all get lubed up and have a foursome, both seem a little tense and could do with a loosening out ;):p

newmember? wrote: »
    Get a room

Anyways... Am I missing something here? Admittedly my one is much older, but lower miles, manual, full history etc... But it was a donation, cost zilch, as opposed to this

I struggled to sell my intergalactic mileage weasel Avensis of the same year for example!

2006 S60, 2.0T,
    €1550

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dubbrin

2006 S60, 2.0T,
    €1550

I'd say John's idea of "perfection" vs reality's idea of perfection are seperated by unbounded difference

Advertisement