Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ah Falcon, hes sh*te anyway.

Wont be missed. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Wong is there :D (so we still have wizardry)

I was wondering about him, and also what about the other wizard from Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo (with his post credits scene), will he be in it, as a goodie or baddie?

Or is he a future villain in another Doctor Strange movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Even though it happened offscreen I'll be disappointed if I don't see Banner react to Betty Ross' dusting. Need a scene between him and General Ross as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

Even though it happened offscreen I'll be disappointed if I don't see Banner react to Betty Ross' dusting. Need a scene between him and General Ross as well.

Prepare to be disappointed, no chance of that at all IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That would have been a great catalyst to get the Hulk back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

The anticipation is killing me. For the love of God release the tickets so i can book them!

ThePott wrote: »
    Prepare to be disappointed, no chance of that at all IMO

Not even a little scene with the General going off on a bitter rant at Banner? :o

Just tired of Banner existing to serve other stories. Infinity War was Ruffalo's worst performance in the MCU by a mile for me where he was reduced to comic relief and exposition.

I want to see Banner at least acknowledge that he had a life before he joined The Avengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That would have been a great catalyst to get the Hulk back again.

I disagree. That will be pretty poor reason and will ruin the character development finale the movie is building up to. The Hulk simply does not care one tiny bit about the personal life of Banner. The only relationship (for now...) those two have is that they happen to share the same body.

Thor Ragnarok showed us that the Hulk is an actual person with his own feelings, needs and desires. He enjoyed being the center of attention in the arena and it's clear that he isn't just some monster that "HULK SMASH" things indiscriminately. There is an intelligence to him and this is why he (Hulk) struggles against the "Sun’s getting real low" lullaby. He does not want to give up control.

The reason Hulk is not coming out is because he feels that he is only wanted when something needs to be smashed and after he is done smashing he gets stuffed back into the box without even so much as a thank you.

That romantic angle is long gone no? It's between Banner and Black Widow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I think the reason the Hulk is sulking is because his mentality only really ages when he emerges - thus he has quite an instinctual mentality (smash, attack etc etc) initially (think as if he were a caveman dropped into the middle of a lab or city or what have you), but as he emerges more and more, he learns and grows and adapts. However, all in, he has only been 'out' as the personality with his hands on the steering wheel for a handful of years (with the bulk of that off screen leading up to his appearance in Ragnarok.

What we saw in IW was the reaction of a mix of that caveman mentality mixed with a child's mentality, so when he is being pushed around and told what to do (ie pop out to fight), he reacts in a sulky irrational manner.

I think that kind of compliments what you are saying there Zyron. I dont know if its true; and i dont know if we will ever really find out.
    I can imagine someone bridging a gap between the two at some stage in the movie, even as a temporary or accidental measure (thus giving us The Professor).

That romantic angle is long gone no? It's between Banner and Black Widow now.

It's not just about the romantic angle. If TIH is still canon which it is meant to be then Betty means a whole lot more to Banner than just being a romantic interest.

As I said already I just want to see them acknowledge that Banner had a life before he joined the Avengers.

From a story perspective it made sense that Rhodey concealed Banner when speaking to General Ross in IW however I hope there's at least a brief clash there post snap. There's no reason why there shouldn't be if they're trying to combine all available resources to rebuild the world post snap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Maybe not the appropriate thread to ask, but it's something that has always sat at the back of my mind when watching any film, but how do they project/figure out how much a movie will make on opening, cause I read on comicbook.com that Endgame is expected/projected to rack up $840 million on opening alone.

Comicbook.com article here

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/28/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record/?fbclid=IwAR3n1FcNlwncCCdnXVD9AusNyoWnTmZTXjyeapaEtPVibhGtoV50T7OE0g0

It's not just about the romantic angle. If TIH is still canon which it is meant to be then Betty means a whole lot more to Banner than just being a romantic interest.

As I said already I just want to see them acknowledge that Banner had a life before he joined the Avengers.

From a story perspective it made sense that Rhodey concealed Banner when speaking to General Ross in IW however I hope there's at least a brief clash there post snap. There's no reason why there shouldn't be if they're trying to combine all available resources to rebuild the world post snap.

If the MCU has a black sheep then TIH is it. Betty is totally forgotten and they prefer it that way. No mention of her at all, the film is a decade old and most peopel don't remember it or care about it. If it wasn't for Thunderbolt Ross it would have been totally disconnected. Hell even then I don't think more casual fans even knew who it was.

Bringing back a love interest from one movie ten years ago that had it's lead character recast, who's character they're unlikely to do a solo film with for a lot of reasons and that wasn't even that popular makes no sense at this point.

A moment between Banner and Ross might be cool but it would honestly feel like a case of too little too late by now imo. Marvel clearly has no interest in a Hulk franchise.

That's fair enough but I'd argue why bring back the same actor for Thunderbolt if they want to forget TIH. It's not about Hulk as a franchise for me more that I want to see Banner being more than the clapping seal that he was in Infinity War.

Tyler did a good job in TIH just as much as Hurt did.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Banner is puny, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,325 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ThePott wrote: »
    A moment between Banner and Ross might be cool but it would honestly feel like a case of too little too late by now imo. Marvel clearly has no interest in a Hulk franchise.

I think they still actually can't do solo Hulk movies. They wanted to but the rights are still too tangled up with Universal. They did the first because the MCU was nothing at that stage, but for any solo Hulk content, the rights are still with Universal.

Hence why they incorporated the Planet Hulk story into Thor Ragnarok, and the Russo's have said Hulk has a story that runs through both Infinity War and Endgame. The only way they can do Hulk stories is in team-up movies.

That's fair enough but I'd argue why bring back the same actor for Thunderbolt if they want to forget TIH. It's not about Hulk as a franchise for me more that I want to see Banner being more than the clapping seal that he was in Infinity War.
    Tyler did a good job in TIH just as much as Hurt did.

The Russos actually said they did it to make the Incredible Hulk relevant to the MCU again cause it had been forgotten and Hurt said it felt like a different version of the character. I think it was simply a case where they needed a military character and rather than creating a new one they took really the only character already established from the military. That and Hurt was always a good get for them. If I were to make a bigger bet, I think they bring Thunderbolt back in case they decide to do a Thunderbolts movie in the future and wouldn't be bringing him back out of no where.

Penn wrote: »
    I think they still actually can't do solo Hulk movies. They wanted to but the rights are still too tangled up with Universal. They did the first because the MCU was nothing at that stage, but for any solo Hulk content, the rights are still with Universal.

Hence why they incorporated the Planet Hulk story into Thor Ragnarok, and the Russo's have said Hulk has a story that runs through both Infinity War and Endgame. The only way they can do Hulk stories is in team-up movies.

Yep, sort of, that's why I said for a lot of reasons. I think the deal is essentially that they can make it but the film would be distributed by Universal and as a result of that Marvel wouldn't make as much from it. So it might not be entirely worth it for them. For them it is also beneficial as they have a character that has appeal that only really appears in the team-up films which would draw people in. So they get the benefit of the Hulk without needing to do a solo film which they get less of the back-end from.

From what I remember Namor is also part of the Universal deal so his future appearance would probably be unlikely in a solo film too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Hulk and the Incredible Hulk, were distributed by Universal. but produced by Marvel enterprises/studios.

it's a strange state of affairs alright, as Penn said. As title character he is in the pocket of Universal, but as a member of a team, Marvel can do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Fingers crossed today is the day Endgame tickets are released

It's meant to be today in America but can't see Irish cinemas following suit 3 weeks in advance. Happy to be corrected as I usually go to morning shows at the weekend, so no need to prebook.

It's meant to be today in America but can't see Irish cinemas following suit 3 weeks in advance. Happy to be corrected as I usually go to morning shows at the weekend, so no need to prebook.

Its the midnight showing I'm waiting on. UK is rumoured today aswell, considering we are getting it a day before the US..heres hoping we might follow suit :D

• Advertisement

I'm off the Friday so might see if I can book a midnight showing. Either that or it'll be early doors Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'll be doing Friday evening/night anyway. No way I'd manage to get up after watching a midnight showing. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I reckon I'll go to an afternoon IMAX screening. Anything with Doctor Strange involved needs 3d treatment.

flazio wrote: »
    I reckon I'll go to an afternoon IMAX screening. Anything with Doctor Strange involved needs 3d treatment.

Sorry pal...He's dust :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Well we might be proven Wong [sic]

flazio wrote: »
    Well we might be proven Wong [sic]

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Tickets are on sale!

allen175 wrote: »
    Tickets are on sale!

Where??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Where??

Odeon are selling them online

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Odeon are selling them online

Cheers, im in cork so been waiting on omniplex all morning

Advertisement