Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Excellent. If they need 3 hours to tell the story I'm delighted they are being given that time instead of worrying about fitting in more screenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Loughc wrote: »
    How do we know that’s after the snappening? I know Feige said it picks up minutes but the main plot could take place before Infinity War.

Pretty sure that homecoming is after the snap reversal. The theory that they're on a bus back from Europe is put into doubt when Spiderman meets Stark in his fight against Cull Obsidian (Black Dwarf)
    Spoderman wrote:
    Hey, Man.
    What's up, Mr.Stark?
    Tony Stank wrote:
    Kid, where'd you come from?
    Spoderman wrote:
    A field trip to MoMA.

The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) is an art museum located in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, on 53rd Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭brevity

Does anyone know when the cinemas start letting people buy tickets for the midnight shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

brevity wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the cinemas start letting people buy tickets for the midnight shows?

No idea, I'd reckon they'll start selling them in the next few days though.

I dont think I'll do a midnight showing myself but will certainly go Friday night and avoid the internet for the day. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭Penn

All the Avengers (and Jon Favreau) posting character posters on Twitter with "Avenge the Fallen" on them

Example
    https://twitter.com/RobertDowneyJr/status/1110572366772330496

• Advertisement

Not that the film needs it, but I can see the marketing going into overdrive for the next few weeks.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not that the film needs it, but I can see the marketing going into overdrive for the next few weeks.

TV spots are always the worst. Trailers can give away too much information at times, but I find TV spots to be far worse as they make so many different ones with some new footage each time that you end up being able to piece together way too much. I generally try to avoid those as much as possible (though headlines from sites on Twitter always give an unwanted spoilery recap of them).

Penn wrote: »
    All the Avengers (and Jon Favreau) posting character posters on Twitter with "Avenge the Fallen" on them

Example
    https://twitter.com/RobertDowneyJr/status/1110572366772330496

Interestingly, Tom Hiddlestone has also posted a "Avenge the Fallen" poster as Loki.

EDIT : Nevermind, seems like every one has a poster, theres at least 32 posters I've seen, ranging from Loki to Pepper Potts.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Cotts72

brevity wrote: »

Waiting to find this out myself aswell! Did it last year will defo go again this year! Would love if we got some cool merchandise in theatres like the states

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Interestingly, Tom Hiddlestone has also posted a "Avenge the Fallen" poster as Loki.

EDIT : Nevermind, seems like every one has a poster, theres at least 32 posters I've seen, ranging from Loki to Pepper Potts.

He was still killed by Thanos wanting to do his bidding, wasn't snapped but still needs to be avenged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭flazio

None for Clark Gregg though shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I seriously hope we get no more information than we’ve got so far. With 4 weeks left I’m happy to now ignore any new trailers and promotional spots.

I’m going to take the day off work and go at mid day during the week so that I’m wide awake and I can digest it for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

There's a Valkyrie poster, has she been confirmed to appear in this? Did I miss that?

GSPfan wrote: »
    I seriously hope we get no more information than we’ve got so far. With 4 weeks left I’m happy to now ignore any new trailers and promotional spots.

I’m going to take the day off work and go at mid day during the week so that I’m wide awake and I can digest it for the rest of the day.

Anyone else planning on seeing it either at a midnight showing or primetime Friday night? Spoilers will be everywhere and damn near impossible to avoid all of them, the crowds might be mad the first couple nights but I’d much rather deal with that than have something major such as a death spoiled

Seems like the posters in colour are those who survived, the ones in monochrome are the fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone else planning on seeing it either at a midnight showing or primetime Friday night? Spoilers will be everywhere and damn near impossible to avoid all of them, the crowds might be mad the first couple nights but I’d much rather deal with that than have something major such as a death spoiled

I'm intending to go Friday during the day, and will take the day off work (can work up time so won't come from holidays)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

First confirmation that Shuri was snapped so from those images

You’d wonder why she wasn’t shown as snapped in Infinity War

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

First confirmation that Shuri was snapped so from those images

You’d wonder why she wasn’t shown as snapped in Infinity War

People keep saying this but in one of the trailers we see Shuri on the screen Banner is looking at so I've assumed she was snapped since then.

Apparently exactly half the posters they put out are for the fallen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So according to Chris Evans who has seen the first hour of the forthcoming Endgame,in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, he had this to say..
    I wish I could. Uh, it’s — I mean — it’s a good one. It’s a real good one. I saw, like, the first hour of it.

Man. This one’s really good. I choked up like three times.

• Advertisement

Chinese poster for Endgame is spectacular

https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/1111297878813622272?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Holy ****, that is actually spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Valkyrie is on it?!

Valkyrie is on it?!

Ya, the lack of Loki on the poster but the face he was on the Marvel individual posters has me perplexed as to how they'll deal with his death as it was before the snap.

Same goes for other background characters like Korg and Heimdall.

Ya, the lack of Loki on the poster but the face he was on the Marvel individual posters has me perplexed as to how they'll deal with his death as it was before the snap.

Same goes for other background characters like Korg and Heimdall.

Is that not Loki between Fury and Starlord??

Is that not Loki between Fury and Starlord??

Gamora, I think.

Gamora, I think.
    Gamora is to the right, between Fury and Spidey. Heimdall is two down to the right from her too I think?

Oh no, it's Wanda

I think the dusted row is

Shuri (BP), Vision, Winter solider, Black Panther??, Mantis, Starlord, Scarlett Witch , Fury, Gamora, Spiderman, No idea ?? , Strange, Drax, Groot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think the dusted row is

Shuri (BP), Vision, Winter solider, Black Panther??, Mantis, Starlord, Scarlett Witch , Fury, Gamora, Spiderman, No idea ?? , Strange, Drax, Groot

Shuri, Vision, Winter solider, Black Panther, Mantis, Starlord, Scarlett Witch, Fury, Gamora, Spiderman, Falcon, Strange, Drax, Groot

Advertisement