Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Victor wrote:
    They should give the Hulk an Ant Man suit.

Or blank panther suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hate the way the snap is now referred to as the decimation

It's known as the snap to so many, I don't know if the decimation is what it was in the comics but the snap just fit much more

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's known as the snap to so many, I don't know if the decimation is what it was in the comics but the snap just fit much more

I kinda prefer The Decimation, cause that's what exactly Thanos did when he decimated half the universe.

But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

pixelburp wrote: »
    There's probably a good chance it's his last appearance in the MCU, so IMO it's worth noting how well they adapted Captain America; it felt like the character that was easiest to f*ck up - insofar as making him a jingoistic meathead (see the infamously awful "Do you think this stands for 'France'" moment in the comics) - yet the end result has been not just the beating heart of the Avengers, but arguably a better adaptation of Superman than the actual DC, 'Man of Steel' version. Of course part of it has been Chris Evans' performances, but the character itself has always been pitch perfect.

I always thought cap was a bit meh before the movies and even after his first movie i thought, how is this guy going to lead this big ensamble of a cast for avengers.
    Been superb all the way through and probably has the best movies in the series with winter soilder.
    As much as RDJ is Iron man made, Evans is his equal. Great casting choices

Edit: its quite mad asking for spoiler tags, om the most anticipated movie of the year, when 99% of people will watch a trailer and should rightly be discussed.
    Why go into a thread of a film your looking forward to and not expect a discussion about said movie.

Spolier tag people would have a point if it was just released and people seen it, gave opinion without tags, but c'mon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The grammatical pedant in me is jumping up and down over "decimation", that is to reduce by a tenth, being used to refer to a 50% cut :D

Yeah I know the common meaning has changed, but still!

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I kinda prefer The Decimation, cause that's what exactly Thanos did when he decimated half the universe.

But that's just me.

He also snapped his fingers and half the universe were gone, both are as right as each other in reality but did anyone call it the decimation before it was given that name months after the movie

Quick question,

When thanos did the click, would he have been able to turn to dust like the rest or would the gauntlet not let that happen to the wearer of it. Im guessing it was 50/50, what would have happened to the gauntlet then?,
    Would it in itself then turn to dust, if not, Cap or someone else could have reveresed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Quick question,

When thanos did the click, would he have been able to turn to dust like the rest or would the gauntlet not let that happen to the wearer of it. Im guessing it was 50/50, what would have happened to the gauntlet then?,
    Would it in itself then turn to dust, if not, Cap or someone else could have reveresed it.

I would imagine as the wearer he was protected from the effects of the snap.

Just guessing though

I would imagine as the wearer he was protected from the effects of the snap.

Just guessing though

In the scene just after the snap inside the soul stone, you see him shocked and checking his body for the wound stormbreaker caused, it could also be looked at from Thanos' perspective as a purgatory type scene

One of the main points for the snap was it was fair in that rich or poor could die, by his own theory Thanos should be on the line too, but I would always trust the word of a genocidal warlord

In the scene just after the snap inside the soul stone, you see him shocked and checking his body for the wound stormbreaker caused, it could also be looked at from Thanos' perspective as a purgatory type scene

One of the main points for the snap was it was fair in that rich or poor could die, by his own theory Thanos should be on the line too, but I would always trust the word of a genocidal warlord

Your last paragraph was what i was thinking. Would the gaunlet let itself be destroyed then. Maybe im just thinking way to much into it :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In a parallel universe

9urce1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Loughc wrote: »
    In a parallel universe

9urce1.jpg

Had to give that a second viewing as I missed Drax on the first glance :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glico Man wrote: »
    Had to give that a second viewing as I missed Drax on the first glance :p

He’s just standing still. Completely invisible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Of the 3.5billion people left alive after the snap/decimation, all but about 10 of them know it happened due to someone snapping his fingers.

The remaining Avengers likely told politicians etc what happened, but chances are the name 'The Decimation' had likely already been coined and accepted.

We know it happened due to a snap, and we call it a snap, but it wouldn't make sense within the movie for anyone other than the Avengers to refer to it like that, so chances are when others started referring to it as The Decimation, that's the name that stuck.

Penn wrote: »
    Of the 3.5billion people left alive after the snap/decimation, all but about 10 of them know it happened due to someone snapping his fingers.

The remaining Avengers likely told politicians etc what happened, but chances are the name 'The Decimation' had likely already been coined and accepted.

We know it happened due to a snap, and we call it a snap, but it wouldn't make sense within the movie for anyone other than the Avengers to refer to it like that, so chances are when others started referring to it as The Decimation, that's the name that stuck.

Ah i get that of course, it maybe makes more sense than the snap, the snap caused the decimation

I just think its a event and moment known as the snap to most, and its a pity really that there’s a name change to the event even if the new name makes sense in context

They missed a trick, not calling it The Snappening....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭Sparko

Loughc wrote: »
    In a parallel universe

9urce1.jpg

Do you think they left Zoe Saldana's name off the top in reference to Danai Gurira being left off the original version of the official poster, or am I overthinking this?!

Hmmm who would you back in a fight - those that got snapped or those that lived.....

Pter wrote: »
    Hmmm who would you back in a fight - those that got snapped or those that lived.....

Lived all day long. Superior bunch of heroes survived... luckily enough..

I dunno SW and DS are heavy enough hitters. Probably no Thor equivalent there however, which probably does tip it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pter wrote: »

Living, mainly due to them having Thor, Hulk/Banner, Captain Marvel (assuming shes not been snapped), the living side also has some pretty poor heroes left in their ranks though.

Theres still going to be a few on the living and snapped side that will surely bite the bullet by the time the end credits role and thats what I cant wait to see, who they kill off permanently.

Killing off Loki and Heimdall that early in A:IW was a bit of shock too and a few act I deaths will set the tempo nicely for Endgame.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sparko wrote: »
    Do you think they left Zoe Saldana's name off the top in reference to Danai Gurira being left off the original version of the official poster, or am I overthinking this?!

Probably over-thinking. More likely Gamora got killed pre-snap so wouldn't qualify as one of those killed in the snap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s delusional to suggest anyone other than the snapped heroes would win such a showdown.

I mean clearly they have more confirmed and contracted sequels they need to show up for :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Based on the last trailer I find myself sceptical over the use of time travel. We know that Feige loves to plan things so that they subvert expectations and the general consensus seems to be expecting that time travel is employed to beat Thanos. Now before you dismiss me, hear me out.

In the latest trailer, Peggy Carter specifically says
    None of us can go back

Is this referencing the impossibility of time travel back to before the snap happened?
    and sometimes the best that we can do is to start over

We know that Endgame is the end of Phase 3, so this final movie is a "soft reboot" of the entire franchise perhaps. The snap will be undone but things will not be exactly the same as we've come to know it.

My theory is that instead of travelling back in time they'll move sideways instead. The comic books have always had a ton of alternate universes so perhaps Endgame is them moving to another universe and stopping Thanos there? The movie will play out where they jump sideways to various fights versus Thanos but constantly fail until they finally realize that major sacrifices must happen to beat Thanos. IE: Stark and Cap America are goners.

But without a doubt, Goose will be instrumental to beating Thanos. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont know will they introduce a parallel/alternative universe, that could easily see things unravel down the line but its going to be interesting to see how the snap is reversed either fully or partially.

They have to be at least trying to undo it because theres no point going after Thanos for another fight unless they have some hope of changing history because as far as Thanos is concerned, hes sitting on Titan enjoying the fruits of his labour after bringing balance to the universe, he has no intention of carrying on his work.

I hope they go after Thanos almost straight away, hoping to defeat him and use the infinity gauntlet to undo what's been done, but they lose fairly easily

Trailer spoilers here -
    We see a blonde Black Widow (same as she was in Infinity War) in trailer 1, with Cap on a plane talking about it has to work, maybe their first attempt to stop Thanos. In trailer 2 we see her at various stages with her red hair, such as when she's at the shooting range. I can only imagine based on this that their initial efforts to stop Thanos fail, and thats what leads to the timejump

Alternative universes seem like a copout to me, it's trying to both give us the happy ending and keep Thanos and his actions strong

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They all seem fairly happy in the Spider man far from home as thats set after the snap ???

cant wait for too see how it all works out

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They all seem fairly happy in the Spider man far from home as thats set after the snap ???

cant wait for too see how it all works out
    How do we know that’s after the snappening? I know Feige said it picks up minutes but the main plot could take place before Infinity War.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

anybody have inside scoop on ticket sales? Rumours online it's 2nd April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Synopsis for the film has been released.
    The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios’ grand conclusion to twenty-two films.

Advertisement