Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This tickled me.

14v2xb4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thats true. One more Avengers movie closer to Tesco Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pter wrote: »
    Thats true. One more Avengers movie closer to Tesco Wars.

What?

I've read the captain marvel thread.

Loughc wrote: »
    How do we know that’s after the snappening? I know Feige said it picks up minutes but the main plot could take place before Infinity War.
    I reckon the bus that they are on in IW, is bringing them back from the airport - from the Far From Home movie trip.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Only caught the trailer yesterday. I'm guessing the white suits we see are space suits. Would be cool if the majority of the film took place off earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Anybody else think that Captain Marvel will be the one who catches Stormbreaker instead of Thor in that scene at the end of the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Only caught the trailer yesterday. I'm guessing the white suits we see are space suits. Would be cool if the majority of the film took place off earth.

They could be suits for them to enter the quantum realm either

The funniest bit about the that whole thing is Rhodey being in his War Machine gear inside the suit

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The funniest bit about the that whole thing is Rhodey being in his War Machine gear inside the suit

Hah I didn't cop that at all eith Rhodey. Good shout on the quantum realm, didn't think of that.

What?

I've read the captain marvel thread.

Basically, im an idiot.....mistook a joke in the capt marvel thread for having been here.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    So if the mundanity continues we'll eventually find ourselves watching Avengers 8: Tesco Wars I guess?
    I made a joke about Tesco Wars in the Endgame discussion thread and it just clicked with me that Pixel made that joke here and not there and no-one there knows what im talking about.

Happy Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

One of the bigger ITK accounts on Twitter has suggested they are Quantum Realm suits.

I'd imagine it would make sense also for War Machince to be in a suit as without you've just got Rhodey going into the Quantum Realm and he'd be pretty useless in a fight without the WM armour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Anybody else think that Captain Marvel will be the one who catches Stormbreaker instead of Thor in that scene at the end of the trailer?

You mean they'll change it?

Gbear wrote: »

Yeah, just like Hulk running through Wakanda

Gbear wrote: »

Ya, I've only watched the trailer once and I'm nearly certain it was Thor who grabbed Stormbreaker

I mean, I dont see any reason why it would go to Cap anyway, it wouldnt make any sense. I know he slightly moved Mjolnir a few films ago but I dont think hes going to be wielding Stormbreaker anytime soon. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, I've only watched the trailer once and I'm nearly certain it was Thor who grabbed Stormbreaker

I mean, I dont see any reason why it would go to Cap anyway, it wouldnt make any sense. I know he slightly moved Mjolnir a few films ago but I dont think hes going to be wielding Stormbreaker anytime soon. :o

Captain Marvel, not Captain America :pac:

Nope.

I don't think that is what happens at all.

To me the scene is showing her not being phased, her spinning and catching it... meh.

However... question: Does Stormbreaker have the Hammer 'worthyness' thing? Or could anyone hold it?

Captain Marvel, not Captain America :pac:

Ahhh.

I know with Mjolnir you had to be worthy yada yada but with Stormbreaker we've no idea if thats the case.

Although during A:IW Thor said to Quill and GoTG that none of them could wield a Thanos killing weapon as it would crush them, or some such.

Maybe Carol will be able to handle Stormbreaker.

It was described as a kings weapon. I'd say you have to be a king to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It was described as a kings weapon. I'd say you have to be a king to use it

Don't think so. I think that just meant it was fit for a king. Like you'd say that's a car fit for a rock star. It wouldn't mean that I couldn't turn on a Ferrari (NB: I'm not a rock star).

Gbear wrote:
    Don't think so. I think that just meant it was fit for a king. Like you'd say that's a car fit for a rock star. It wouldn't mean that I couldn't turn on a Ferrari (NB: I'm not a rock star).

Unless it was a magic Ferrari I guess....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Synopsis for the film has been released.

The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios’ grand conclusion to twenty-two films.

That’s amazing. I wonder what the next major story arc will be. Any rumblings?

• Advertisement

had the pleasure of being at a recent secret screening of this and to see Galactus destroy everyone in the end was a real sight to behold.. amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's vague/non-spoilery for a synopsis, haven't seen anything about the next major arc, probably find that out after Far From Home. Speaking of Far From Home, Tom Holland did tease something for Monday morning/afternoon here in Ireland.......

Did see something about
    X-Men being reset/recast
    Deadpool will stay as he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Jaysus, can we not wait to see this one finished before we start looking for spoilers for the next 22 movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's vague/non-spoilery for a synopsis, haven't seen anything about the next major arc, probably find that out after Far From Home. Speaking of Far From Home, Tom Holland did tease something for Monday morning/afternoon here in Ireland.......

Did see something about
    X-Men being reset/recast
    Deadpool will stay as he is
    Id be happy enough to recast x-men aside from Xavier/magneto

As for where the next ARC goes
    I think Galactus will be the next big bad down the line. Silver Surfer in between probably. Seeds are also set for secret invasion if they go that route

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-16-6.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=650

Johnmb wrote: »
    Jaysus, can we not wait to see this one finished before we start looking for spoilers for the next 22 movies!

Not looking for spoilers just peoples theories and thoughts on what's coming next if anything is! Lots of places reporting saying there won't be a major overall arc connecting the next phrases.

Opting for smaller interactions throughtout the movies instead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Not looking for spoilers just peoples theories and thoughts on what's coming next if anything is! Lots of places reporting saying there won't be a major overall arc connecting the next phrases.

Opting for smaller interactions throughtout the movies instead.

Whatever it is, you can be sure that there'll be a whole lot of movie$ coming down the line.

Pretty much everything Marvel puts out nowadays is a box office smash and returns a handsome profit for them. So they're not going to want to let that go, especially while they are the hottest ticket in town.

Sadly this story has to end, but I'm sure they have many many more movies in the pipeline, so everyone wins.

Sadly this story has to end, but I'm sure they have many many more movies in the pipeline, so everyone wins.

Except DC

Except DC

I've tried, honestly, I've tried watching a few of them, and I've either turned them off, or fell asleep, or given myself a confusion headache watching them!!

Yet with the Marvel MCU, I could watch any film anytime its on, and thoroughly enjoy it!!

(Iron Man 3 - Tonight on BBC1 - 10:35pm)

• Advertisement

Advertisement