Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 AXA Raheny 5

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Had to mention the amount of Nike Next % and 4% on show was impressive, even where i was situated 8 rows back from the front line.

Felt a bit "Old Man" in my Pegasus 34's. :mad:

One lad passed us around 4m with them on, everyone seemed to be looking at him funny.
    It was as if there was a silent chorus of "WTF is he wearing them for" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Great event, 3rd year in a row to run it.
    Pleasantly surprised and delighted with my finish time. The race gets such a good turn out and so many club colours all proudly on show. Hubbie was spectating and he said it was a great race to watch. Plenty of local support along the route.
    Liking the goodie bag - not as much junk in it (which others may complain about) but it contained stuff I would actually eat. Hubbie got the mini shower gels though.
    I think it's been said the last few years but it would be helpful if they had markers or signs for the start area: less than 25 mins, 25-30 mins, 30-35 mins etc. We found it hard to judge where to start from - I think I started too far up and my son felt he started too far back. But as Rovers Runner said the mad dash at the start is signature to the race - but in our case it cost my son a good time as someone accidentally stood on his heel and it hurt his leg, he still ran on but was a bit disappointed with his time. His leg and his pride are ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rossi7

One lad passed us around 4m with them on, everyone seemed to be looking at him funny.
    It was as if there was a silent chorus of "WTF is he wearing them for" :pac:

Maybe if you all were wearing them he might not have passed you's out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Very enjoyable run.

Nice goody bag afterwards

Thanks to everyone involved in setting it up

Results and personalised finish line videos here

https://www.myrunresults.com/events/36th_axa_raheny_5_mile/3461/results

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Had to mention the amount of Nike Next % and 4% on show was impressive, even where i was situated 8 rows back from the front line.

Felt a bit "Old Man" in my Pegasus 34's. :mad:

https://twitter.com/dave_norman/status/1221782971629350912?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

KSU wrote: »

Ah sure no wonder I didnt win
    :pac:

Advertisement