Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Penn wrote: »

He must be suffering from a very bad dose of nappy rash today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

PropJoe10 wrote: »

I'd love to see those 87 pages. Probably written in crayon.

I'm assuming it's just the sentence "I didn't do it" written over and over again for 87 pages.

It's 86 pages of "IVANKA AND I ARE INNOCENT OF EVERYTHING!" followed by one page just saying "But you can take Don Jr and the other guy if you want."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Not to worry... He'll just hire another few 'illegal immigrants' from Guatemala and pay them peanuts to apply the Sudocreme...

It's 86 pages of "IVANKA AND I ARE INNOCENT OF EVERYTHING!" followed by one page just saying "But you can take Don Jr and the other guy if you want."

Nah I'd say he'll keep Don Jr for a bit longer. Eric and Tiffany must be very worried though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

I see that Rex Tillerson is now coming out criticising Trump. I have a feeling that the end is nigh and they're all trying to distance themselves as far as they can.

Panrich wrote: »
    I see that Rex Tillerson is now coming out criticising Trump. I have a feeling that the end is nigh and their all trying to distance themselves as far as they can.

Wasn't it Tillerson that famously referred to him as a "f**king idiot" or was that someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

About another 6 years till the end.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

Wasn't it Tillerson that famously referred to him as a "f**king idiot" or was that someone else?

Yes a moron.

Latest from here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2018/dec/07/trump-mueller-kelly-live-latest-news-updates-russia-investigation-us-politics-today?page=with:block-5c0a8f11e4b0bee792a03a75#block-5c0a8f11e4b0bee792a03a75

Tillerson, the former ExxonMobil CEO who led the state department until March of this year, said he and Trump lacked a “common value system”.

“It was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil Corporation to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined,” Tillerson said at a fundraiser in Houston on Thursday.

He added that the president “doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘look, this is what I believe and you can try to convince me otherwise, but most of the time you’re not going to do that’”.

Trump famously dumped Tillerson in a tweet, in which the president named Mike Pompeo as his successor. Tillerson had long clashed with the president and once allegedly referred to his boss as a “moron” behind his back (with some more colorful language we won’t repeat here).

Tillerson, who has kept a relatively low profile since leaving the administration, said he was often forced to push back on the president and his many, many impulses.

“When the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ and I’d have to say to him, ‘Well, Mr. President, I understand what you want to do but you can’t do it that way,’” Tillerson said.

“It violates the law, it violates the treaty, you know.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Panrich wrote: »
    I see that Rex Tillerson is now coming out criticising Trump. I have a feeling that the end is nigh and they're all trying to distance themselves as far as they can.

Ah, remember him? Fells like a lifetime ago he was around...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

How can he write 87 pages to counter a report he hasn't seen yet?

demfad wrote: »
    How can he write 87 pages to counter a report he hasn't seen yet?

It's difficult to write small in crayon, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was I the only one who read that in the voice of Stephen Colbert's impression of Trump ?

So it seems trump went on a twitter rant this morning. I mean that's not new but apparently(I say apparently because I've not read the tweets and that's what some are saying) it was a new low in terms of the mans stability. I see the reports about the AG are true and it seems he believes that stupid conspiracy theory(debunked beautifully by Shepard smith btw) about uranium one which must have helped his choice. The one thing about him is he's actually qualified for the position he has been nominated for having actually done it before.

I see former Fox News host heather nuert(sorry if I've butchered her surname) is the nominee for a cabinet position as US ambassador to the UN. I mean at
    least Nikki Haley had actual government experience and by all accounts did very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭circadian

Just saw this quote elsewhere and thought it was pretty funny.

Willie Giest;

"President Trump launched a Twitter rant slightly before 7am this morning and after skimming the trees for a while, decided to bring it in for a landing"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

It's difficult to write small in crayon, so I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

And he will be using the Biggest Words: The Best Words.

This is a great sign that he is indeed getting rattled. Getting your "retaliation" in early is a classic blunderbuss strategy. He can do whatever he likes, but it wont change the outcome. The writing is on the wall, and all that remains is to follow the slow development of a complex case that will take down each and every Trump support mechanism one by one. Only then will they go for the man himself, whether he is still in office or not.

Dont expect any "shock revelations", but just keep an eye on the overall picture as more and more pieces fall into place. Also: invest heavily in Popcorn futures. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-mueller-investigation-russia-report-response-twitter-rudy-giuliani-a8672386.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Trumps little Twitter rant may have gotten himself in deep water, as people are questioning how he could possibly have created an 87 page rebuttal of Mueller, when Muellers probe hasn't even been released.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-mueller-investigation-russia-report-response-twitter-rudy-giuliani-a8672386.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Trumps little Twitter rant may have gotten himself in deep water, as people are questioning how he could possibly have created an 87 page rebuttal of Mueller, when Muellers probe hasn't even been released.

Easy really paul manafort.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Easy really paul manafort.

All very cool and very legal

• Advertisement

CNN are reporting that muellers team have spoken to White House chief of staff (well as of now) John Kelly and Trump has also fired back at former Secretary of State Rex tillerson calling him "dumb as rocks...and lazy as hell"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,454 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I look forward to wandering through Waterstones / Hodges Figgis in 20 years and taking in how the US History section will likely have a section dedicated to Trump alone. The "tell all"'s from this era will keep publishing houses in clover for years to come, and his flimsy NDAs won't stop them.

It's remarkable how manager of people such as himself can demand such eye watering loyalty, yet almost never reciprocate. In fact it's the opposite, he's straight up childish in his bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

pixelburp wrote: »
    I look forward to wandering through Waterstones / Hodges Figgis in 20 years and taking in how the US History section will likely have a section dedicated to Trump alone. The "tell all"'s from this era will keep publishing houses in clover for years to come, and his flimsy NDAs won't stop them.

It's remarkable how manager of people such as himself can demand such eye watering loyalty, yet almost never reciprocate. In fact it's the opposite, he's straight up childish in his bitterness.

I think it is incredible that given the position the US held on the world stage, for ever more, other countries/leaders can point to Trump and say, they can't be that great, look at how this guy became President.

They have to live with the fact that his picture will always be hanging in the White house as a one time President of America.

I'd love to know what the likes of Henry Kissinger truly thinks of him and what he has done for America's image.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

pixelburp wrote: »
    I look forward to wandering through Waterstones / Hodges Figgis in 20 years and taking in how the US History section will likely have a section dedicated to Trump alone.

I imagine that section will need to be divided in two. One for the adults and another over in the childrens section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I imagine that section will need to be divided in two. One for the adults and another over in the childrens section.

Well here is a book for the children's section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFj4vOc4GIY

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Re Cohen- in summary: the SDNY's wants Cohen to do 4-5+ years and says he refused to fully cooperate. Mueller takes no position on Cohen's sentence, but says that basically, Cohen handed them the President and others in the campaign.

Twitter storm makes sense now....

NY prosecutors seeking substantial sentence (approx. 4 years) for Cohen for tax and campaign finance violations. Should be noted that's NY prosecutors, not Muellers team. Mueller not seeking any further sentences for things arising from the special counsel investigation due to his cooperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,188 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The Filing of SDNY and Mueller reach past the Transition time into WH in the 2017/18 time period. This is big.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071177621445230596?s=19

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't think he realises he's Individual-1.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement