Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The man is an idiot. Does he think that behaviour, on camera helps him?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Leroy42 wrote:
    Almost every day presents a new way to be once more amazed that he got to be ,and remains, POTUS.

Leroy42 wrote:
    When you have Senators coming out and saying that they don't care about breaking the law (not some liberal left leaner either, a fully paid up GOP member).

Leroy42 wrote:
    When you have multiples of people connected to POTUS and his campaign either found guilty of, pleaded guilty to, or under investigation of working directly with Russia yet none of the GOP seem the least bit troubled.

Leroy42 wrote:
    How can you become desensitized to a POTUS that has refused to release his tax returns of explain where.how he funded his companies and how this might effect his judgment.

Leroy42 wrote:
    How can you become desensitized to a POTUS that takes the word of a Russian president over the US security services?

Leroy42 wrote:
    When voters who claim to want to MAGA are actively cheering on a POTUS actively trying to rip the fundamental principles such as law and order, personal responsibility, fiscal conservatism to shreds.

Most, if not all of these do not affect the daily lives of American people. He's president 2 years now and people still don't understand this basic point.

His absurdity and craziness is just good for ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Most, if not all of these do not affect the daily lives of American people. He's president 2 years now and people still don't understand this basic point.

His absurdity and craziness is just good for ratings.

And hamfists the stock market.

This Chinese economic war is so good for business....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Water John wrote: »
    The man is an idiot. Does he think that behaviour, on camera helps him?

It is pretty clear what he is trying to do. He knows that he won't win an argument against them on his own, so he attempted to embarrass them by putting them into a situation where they would be uncomfortable but he doesn't.

I thought the Dems handled it pretty well.

This is how he operates. He can't argue his point on details, so he tries to unnerve the other party. Looks like they were wise to it but still came pretty close to sinking to his level.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,146 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It is pretty clear what he is trying to do. He knows that he won't win an argument against them on his own, so he attempted to embarrass them by putting them into a situation where they would be uncomfortable but he doesn't.

I thought the Dems handled it pretty well.

This is how he operates. He can't argue his point on details, so he tries to unnerve the other party. Looks like they were wise to it but still came pretty close to sinking to his level.

Trump just has the bully boy tactic and nothing else. So, when that fails, he has no where to go. He can't charm anyone, he can't outsmart them.

Pelosi stood up to him and if there's one thing Trump doesn't know how to handle is a woman who won't be talked down to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

the great negotiator !!! he makes the best deals !!! IM SHUTTING THE GOVERNMENT DOWN !!!

listermint wrote:

listermint wrote:

Most of the coverage on Trump involves things that do not affect people's lives. The Russia stuff, cabinet changes, Melania, attacking the media, his general craziness. This stuff only seems to excite those that viciously hate Trump. Most understand it's all theatre that doesn't impinge greatly on their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,523 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

listermint wrote:

listermint wrote:

Most of the coverage on Trump involves things that do not affect people's lives. The Russia stuff, cabinet changes, Melania, attacking the media, his general craziness. This stuff only seems to excite those that viciously hate Trump. Most understand it's all theatre that doesn't impinge greatly on their lives.

But for some reason HC having a server was a step too far and directly impacted on their lives!

Yeah, russia interfering with the national election, aided and abetted by the NRA and the sitting president, the latter being compromised by russia, which happens to be run by a murdering dictator who is actively trying to annex the Ukraine.

Completely harmless stuff.

Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Hurrache wrote: »
    Here it is, just watched it myself

God I'm going to miss him after he goes to jail...it's going to be so boring!

He's unhinged, he must be under serious pressure, ah bless him!

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote:
    Yeah, russia interfering with the national election, aided and abetted by the NRA and the sitting president, the latter being compromised by russia, which happens to be run by a murdering dictator who is actively trying to annex the Ukraine.

everlast75 wrote:

You aren't able to say how this affects a typical American family.

It doesn't.

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Its Crime and Punishment stuff.

The knowledge of what he did and what is coming for him must be driving him (even more) insane.

I'd say that's why he loves the rallies. Surrounded by people laughing at his jokes, believing his BS, booing his enemies.

I would imagine its some come down from that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,653 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've just started watching the video and why does pence look so uncomfortable. He looks like he's wondering where his wife is.

You aren't able to say how this affects a typical American family.

It doesn't.

If you don't give two ***** whether your vote counts or not, that's your lookout.

I happen to, and I would wager the average person in the US does to.

Ah pelosi is playing senior hurling here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

everlast75 wrote: »

Ffs.

Nevermind trying to destroy education and healthcare and exploding the national deficit to insane levels during a massive boom.
    As well as stoking violent attacks against the media and against women, minorities and the LGBT community.

Anyone who says they doesn't think this is affecting people has got to be a very, very special kind of stupid or deluded.

Jesus this won't help the opinion that there are "coastal elites" with a president from New York and a senator from New York and a future speaker of the house from San Francisco.

Anyone who says this doesn't think this is not affecting people has got to be a very, very special kind of stupid.

It's odd, most Americans will tell you that their lives haven't changed much since he came to power.

It's odd, most Americans will tell you that their lives haven't changed much since he came to power.

Most. And fcuk everyone else, right?

Ah Christ the smile on schumers face when trump is saying he'll take the mantel and won't blame schumer for the shut down was a knowing smile. He knew he Caught trump on camera saying he(the president will take responsibility for a government shut down.

• Advertisement

Most. And fcuk everyone else, right?

The lives of minorities in America was bad before Trump got into power. Obama's speeches did little to improve the lives of black Americans.

I'm not saying Trump is good or anything, but getting excited about his daily madness is probably unhealthy particularly when you understand that his madness doesn't generally affect the average American.

It's true what bob dole said about chuck schumer and the most dangerous place in Washington DC is between schumer and a TV camera is true in fairness. He knew exactly where the camera was.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump saying about migrants with communable diseases, ' we need protection'. Trump is learning very late, to wear a condom.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've just started watching the video and why does pence look so uncomfortable. He looks like he's wondering where his wife is.

I mean they are there for 9 minutes plus and he never speaks a word.. he doesn't even nod or shake his head to show any level of understanding or agreement with either his Boss or Pelosi/Schumer...

I get that he is clearly trying to distance himself from Trump and his behaviour but he is an utterly empty suit (albeit a homophobic , religious nutcase one)..

Given the recent remembrance of GHWB ,in the pantheon of utterly pointless and irrelevant VP's at least Dan Quayle said stuff that was funny.. Pence doesn't even give us a laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Who let Donnie do that in front of cameras on his own... good lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,565 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

ECO_Mental wrote: »

I heard the audio version on RTE Radio where he tried to blame the Dems, Chuck & Nancy, on the last shut-down immediately after he said he would shut down the Govt if he didn't get the money to build the wall. It's all B/S for his fans. Anyone else from the GOP listening to him has brains enough to know distraction B/S when they hear it. I didn't know that Mike had been there. It does show that he know's how close the Mueller team are to him that he has to deploy the border as a tactic again.

The lives of minorities in America was bad before Trump got into power. Obama's speeches did little to improve the lives of black Americans.

I'm not saying Trump is good or anything, but getting excited about his daily madness is probably unhealthy particularly when you understand that his madness doesn't generally affect the average American.

Oh it's far beyond the madness, all he has done so far has benefited the top 1% whilst trying to take healthcare away from millions of people.
    A short list.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/general/news/2017/04/26/431299/100-ways-100-days-trump-hurt-americans/

He has the turkeys not only vote for Christmas, he has them scream, yell, clap and stomp their feet for it.
    And just as a sideorder of spite, he is destroying the environment.
    Yes, his madness is at least partially a disguise for the really nasty stuff he's doing.
    The stuff that is turning a huge part of America into a third world country, whilst the richest of the rich get more and more

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah Christ the smile on schumers face when trump is saying he'll take the mantel and won't blame schumer for the shut down was a knowing smile. He knew he Caught trump on camera saying he(the president will take responsibility for a government shut down.

There's actually GOP members complaining about him tricking him into saying it.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1072560127935434756?s=19

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I mean they are there for 9 minutes plus and he never speaks a word.. he doesn't even nod or shake his head to show any level of understanding or agreement with either his Boss or Pelosi/Schumer...

I get that he is clearly trying to distance himself from Trump and his behaviour but he is an utterly empty suit (albeit a homophobic , religious nutcase one)..

Given the recent remembrance of GHWB ,in the pantheon of utterly pointless and irrelevant VP's at least Dan Quayle said stuff that was funny.. Pence doesn't even give us a laugh...

He looks like he needs to find the nearest toilet.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    There's actually GOP members complaining about her tricking him into saying it.

Okay... that's wrong as he said everything I saw on his own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement