Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Waters gone mad

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Bowie wrote: »
    I think we were starved for celebrity and people of note in the media environment. It's how Priests became columnists and TV personalities and in bred D4 types RTE stars on over sized salaries. We were told their opinions mattered.

I was actually thinking of Michael Harding as an example of what he was talking about so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    I was actually thinking of Michael Harding as an example of what he was talking about so yeah.

I like Michael Harding a bit rambling, millions follow Deepak Chopra and others peddling similir nonsense, so its not just an Irish thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

A few snippets:

"She had a beauty that suggested itself as emanating from an infinity within. She seemed to believe anything was possible and her smile convinced you, for an instant, that she was right. I wanted her dreams to come true."

"I am crying, writing this. How can you cry for someone you've only once said hello to? Katy was the daughter of our dreams, in the sense that it was the dreams of her people that gave birth to what is tritely called her celebrity."

"Driven by angelic recall, they plod on clay feet into the mire of three-dimensional reality. They do not know, are not conscious, that their appetites are infinitely greater than the world's capacity to satisfy them."

2007 must have been a watershed for Irish journalistic bullshytery. This was the same year as Brendan O Connors infamous "smart ballsy guys" piece in the Indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

A few snippets:

"She had a beauty that suggested itself as emanating from an infinity within. She seemed to believe anything was possible and her smile convinced you, for an instant, that she was right. I wanted her dreams to come true."

"I am crying, writing this. How can you cry for someone you've only once said hello to? Katy was the daughter of our dreams, in the sense that it was the dreams of her people that gave birth to what is tritely called her celebrity."

"Driven by angelic recall, they plod on clay feet into the mire of three-dimensional reality. They do not know, are not conscious, that their appetites are infinitely greater than the world's capacity to satisfy them."

Haha...he absolutely yanked himself til he bled looking at her. Bonkers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

mariaalice wrote: »
    I like Michael Harding a bit rambling, millions follow Deepak Chopra and others peddling similir nonsense, so its not just an Irish thing.

He seems like a nice bloke, I just don't rate his stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement