Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Waters gone mad

Options
  • 17-11-2018 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

John waters seems to spend his time now hanging out with extreme alt right types on YouTube

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

On a scale of one to crazy, John Waters fathered a child with Sinead O'Connor.

He's always been pushing the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

That is not the John Waters I thought you were talking about.

The one I know thought eating dog **** would play well with the audience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Has the look of desert based cult founder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Can anyone give me the gist...I refuse to pay for IT content?

Waters has fallen from relevance, reduced nowadays to adopting the role of polemicist shouting from the margins. Every so often he'll rear up in a controversy of his own invention. An implosion à la Kevin Myers is at hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

A few snippets:

"She had a beauty that suggested itself as emanating from an infinity within. She seemed to believe anything was possible and her smile convinced you, for an instant, that she was right. I wanted her dreams to come true."

"I am crying, writing this. How can you cry for someone you've only once said hello to? Katy was the daughter of our dreams, in the sense that it was the dreams of her people that gave birth to what is tritely called her celebrity."

"Driven by angelic recall, they plod on clay feet into the mire of three-dimensional reality. They do not know, are not conscious, that their appetites are infinitely greater than the world's capacity to satisfy them."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

A few snippets:

"She had a beauty that suggested itself as emanating from an infinity within. She seemed to believe anything was possible and her smile convinced you, for an instant, that she was right. I wanted her dreams to come true."

"I am crying, writing this. How can you cry for someone you've only once said hello to? Katy was the daughter of our dreams, in the sense that it was the dreams of her people that gave birth to what is tritely called her celebrity."

"Driven by angelic recall, they plod on clay feet into the mire of three-dimensional reality. They do not know, are not conscious, that their appetites are infinitely greater than the world's capacity to satisfy them."

Jesus....

You gotta hand it to us Irish...when it comes to spoof we are hard to beat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Lol first time I’ve seen that, that is so far over the top you almost need a telescope to read it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,753 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I seen the title and was sure somebody had dragged up an ancient thread. John Waters went nuts many, many years ago.

fcuk the irish times for giving a platform to this and sh1te like this across the spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

fcuk the irish times for giving a platform to this and sh1te like this across the spectrum

It's a long time since JW wrote for the Irish Times. That was a piece about Katy French from 2007.

I don't know why he's suddenly popped up on the radar again, but I would seriously worry about the poor man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Shagging Sinead O' Connor will cause problems alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

cml387 wrote: »
    It's a long time since JW wrote for the Irish Times. That was a piece about Katy French from 2007.

I don't know why he's suddenly popped up on the radar again, but I would seriously worry about the poor man.

I wouldn't worry, but he must have serious issues though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Try reading it in incognito mode in Chrome.

cml387 wrote: »

i mean ever

he and the iona crew

una et al on tbe other side

the paper of record is now just a rent-a-controversy rag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Irish journalists are an almost completely homogeneous group. White, middle clas, with nice white middle class opinions.

This media has collaborated with the political class in this country, withholding information from the general public which could have changed the results of elections.

They do not perform the role of a proper fourth estate by holding the political class to account.

Anyone who fails to conform to the narrative is ostracized and labeled mad, extreme or dangerous.

Waters spent years trying to highlight the cause of fathers rights. But because the cause didn’t fit the narrow liberal agenda of opposition to anything that could be considered patriarchal he was condemned by the very colleagues who championed other social injustices.

He is many things but I thing he is less hypocritical than a certain high profile environmental journalist who regularly condemns meat eaters and commuters while driving a 3 litre 15 mile per gallon petrol Mercedes.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A few snippets:

Jaysis reading that tripe you would never have realised that she died due to overdosing on model grade cocaine supplied by a criminal calling himself 'The Wolf'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    He is many things but I thing he is less hypocritical than a certain high profile environmental journalist who regularly condemns meat eaters and commuters while driving a 3 litre 15 mile per gallon petrol Mercedes.

Which journalist is that mat I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

RikkFlair wrote: »

He wasn’t very pro life when it came to the Iraq War.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

RikkFlair wrote: »

The guy has issues. We really shouldn't be giving him air time. It's entertainment of the wrong type.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Irish journalists are an almost completely homogeneous group. White, middle clas, with nice white middle class opinions.
    And at one time, John Waters was right there in the middle of it.

But then he went nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

whos john waters? couldnt be arsed googling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

And at one time, John Waters was right there in the middle of it.

But then he went nuts.

Except he doesn’t have nice middle class opinions anymore so clearly he must be insane.

The orchestrated campaign against him by his former colleagues and other liberal commentators was driven by this former insider cracking the edifice of liberal media homogeneity.
    An example is Patsy Mc Garry, a former neighbour and presumed friend seeking help from Waters on behalf of his nephew who was suicidal while simultaneously and anonymously making vile criticisms of Waters and how uncaring he was etc.

Waters has some very out ther views but so have many journalists whose sanity is never questioned.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    whos john waters? couldnt be arsed googling

Plays up front for Burnley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Sinead O'Connor is unwell. John Waters is a tool. Different kettles of fish.

Also Sinead O'Connor used to be very attractive and not not unwell. John Waters was always a tool... Also - while I'm not always good at knowing what guys women find attractive - I feel disgust at the idea of him being near anyone - so that probably indicates he's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭richiepurgas

When you say he's hanging out with the far right, is it this shower ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf41RtzE8jY

Highly entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

... and another contemporary culture lesson for me on AH.

Advertisement