Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whistleblower: Maurice McCabe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

A few in here trying to discredit the show. You'd wonder what their agenda is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Wheety wrote: »

Well RTE are doing a good job at that themselves for us online viewers.

This is getting so bad I think I will have to give it a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wheety wrote: »

Higher quality TV is my agenda! They could get rid of the woosey ambient X files styled music track.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Alan Shatter was some **** in all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,858 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I didn't know the gritty details of this case to be honest, pretty shocking stuff to say the least, Maurice McCabe was treated appallingly, if the Gardaí can treat one of their own like this, think what they could have done to normal citizens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Lesson here is if you go up against state forces, the state will try to bury you. And People wonder why Americans are so paranoid about their government and state forces...maybe we should be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

KaneToad wrote: »
    The content is important enough to be presented in a factual manner without the need for arty abstract images and mood music to manipulate the viewers.

Let the facts speak for themselves.

Its called padding.

It's the new way of making a 30min show into 2hrs.

Happens everywhere.

Ever watch Making A Murderer?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭poppers

gmisk wrote: »
    I didn't know the gritty details of this case to be honest, pretty shocking stuff to say the least, Maurice McCabe was treated appallingly, if the Gardaí can treat one of their own like this, think what they could have done to normal citizens.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/mcbrearty-claims-that-richie-barron-was-killed-by-garda-1.1013409%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

TallGlass wrote: »
    I am sorry but the RTÉ Player is a joke, it's hopping and buffering all over the place here at 512k. Do RTE invest in anything other than paying high salaries, this is not the first time this has happened when I have gone to watch a popular live programme.

Player is shîťê as usual. MOBDRO yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 20 helenmaria1970

AmberGold wrote: »
    Ok Garda..

ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I really don't think the production value is all that relevant here.

Also, he may seem awkward because maybe he doesn't enjoy rehashing his journey to hell and back. And in front of a camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Had to turn it off. RTÉ player is a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

We have very poor standards in high office across this state.

We have very little transparency or accountability.

We are well capable of abusing power.

Until we start jailing offenders like Callinan for offenses against the state we will never see the end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I am sorry but the RTÉ Player is a joke, it's hopping and buffering all over the place here at 512k. Do RTE invest in anything other than paying high salaries, this is not the first time this has happened when I have gone to watch a popular live programme.

I hate the rte player its absolutely shocking, can't watch anything live on it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

KaneToad wrote: »
    The content is important enough to be presented in a factual manner without the need for arty abstract images and mood music to manipulate the viewers.

Let the facts speak for themselves.

You are the one that is distractiing from the content as are those who are talking about the failings of the RTE Player as if they care more about online TV than the credibility and effectiveness of our police service.

When you play back Callinan's calumny together it like this, it makes you wonder how the f**k that disgusting c**t had gotten away with it thus far. You'd hope he gets his just deserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Have they accused him of fathering any children yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Part two tomorrow I take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,306 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

9.35 pm tomorrow. I hope as many people as possible will watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Callinan should be locked up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

When you are having important meetings in a car in the car park, you know something is up and to keep digging

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

AllForIt wrote: »
    You are the one that is distractiing from the content as are those who are talking about the failings of the RTE Player as if they care more about online TV than the credibility and effectiveness of our police service.

We care about the credibility and effectiveness of our police service we are complaining because we can't watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Question.

The Disclosures Tribunal found that the most senior Garda in the country - former commissioner Martin Callinan consciously smeared Garda McCabe. Mr Callinan was found to have run a “campaign of calumny” against Sgt McCabe.

How was Callinan punished?

I find that man to be utterly abbborent. An incompetent nasty power weilder that deserves to be considered a rat not in the whistleblowing sense but the sub human swerer dwelling sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,858 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Seems an odd sort of fellow, upset colleagues every station he went to
    That's what you are taking from this show!?! Come on...what a load of BS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Callinan brings the phrase snake in the grass to a whole new level.

His colleagues turned up at the scene of a suicide locked. And then drove off in the unmarked car.

Yep, upsetting people like that must make him the odd one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So if I was a Garda watching this wanting to speak out, I wouldn't. What have the government done to seriously address this issue. It's a very serious matter if Gardaí are afraid to speak out in absolute fear of this happening to them.

I for one don't think anything has changed and that Mc Cabe is a brave man and done a serious service to us all.

The guys who plotted against him still walk around without any punishment for what they done and the government don't seem keen on sorting that problem out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Because he wasn't happy with the standards of some members of the gardai. He saw corruption, bad practice and things we as the public should be thankful he raised.

Fair play to him for raising these it would have been far easier for him to stay quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mattser

AllForIt wrote: »

Ah give over will ya. Nobody here says it's not an important subject. That's why we're watching ffs.
    It's RTE's delivery that's the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Yeah McCabe was odd alright...odd in being brave enough to speak out against corruption and malpractice in the Gardai....the images of those clowns with the rat really would make you question the culture in our police force...

Advertisement