Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

beauf wrote: »
    I don't think anyone knows. I suspect it's like the govt housing plan. Meaningless twaddle to make people think they are doing something when they actually have done nothing.

Sorry now, the Travellers in Tipp were given solar panelled houses and they were rejected for reasons that we all know about now.

That to me seems to be a lot more generous than towards those living in hotels.

But it is all a total scam. People know how to ride the system. That needs to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Yes, before Peter Casey we never had threads complaining about travelers, the dole, or what our taxes are spent on. All hail Peter Casey, shining a light on topics no-one had ever considered discussing before.

You missed the point. We never had a thread like this & most threads were closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So tell me how the solution of cutting off child allowance sends that child to education? Is it not more likely it will increase crime? I don't see how it fixes the problem.

So you're happy not to try and incentise a child's school attendance? Education has been shown the world over to break the cycle of proverty and have positive results in crime reduction too. I 'm surprised giving the profession ( unless i read your posts wrong) you are in you don't know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Are they 'more equal' Edward? That is the question.

Of course they are treated as such.
    Co councils are legally responsible to provide halting sites and shelter for them, they get a disproportionate amount spent on education as compared to other Irish citizens.
    Councils are responsible for the maintenance these sites and the health and safety conditions they are kept in.
    Businesses and public services have to be aware of their status as granted to them and are in constant fear of being called rascist or taken up as such because of their SEMS.
    It's ridiculous the hoops this is putting people through, for a group that could easily be branded an illegal organisation if their heavy criminal percentage was looked at.
    The amount of them that practice anything that could be called in any way cultural or ethnically acceptable in any other branch of society is very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

If people seriously want to discuss travellers, they need to reach the absolute bare minimum requirement to be taken seriously . That applies to everyone, moderators and admins included.

You need to accept that travellers are an ethnic minority and that they are an ethnic minority under law.

You need to understand that ethnicity is not the same as nationality or place of birth.

You need to understand that racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity.

If you cannot accept those basic requirements for discussion, then you're wasting your time and everyone else's time. Nobody will take you seriously and that includes the vast majority of Irish people. What you will be left with is a safe space for a tiny minority of grief merchants trying to outdo one another with tales (real and imaginary) of what the bad traveller/minority man did to them.

Until you reach the minimum requirements you will have very few people engaging with you.

• Advertisement

Travellers IMV really need to ditch the victimhood.

They rely on that. So no one can challenge them.

Until you see a huge funeral, and Gravestone, or Communion. (Weddings seem to be hidden somewhat, like Christenings. is that just me?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

So you're happy not to try and incentise a child's school attendance?

No, I just don't think cutting social welfare will accomplish that.

dav3 wrote:
    Until you reach the minimum requirements you will have very few people engaging with you.

So basically you want everyone to accept what you think they should accept as dictated by you. Still having no luck closing the thread huh?

No, I just don't think cutting social welfare will accomplish that.

I find the best way to encourage people to do what is right is through their pocket. I offered a suggestion what's yours or do you think just allow each generation repeat the bs of the pervious?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

dav3 wrote: »
    If people seriously want to discuss travellers, they need to reach the absolute bare minimum requirement to be taken seriously . That applies to everyone, moderators and admins included.

You need to accept that travellers are an ethnic minority and that they are an ethnic minority under law.

You need to understand that ethnicity is not the same as nationality or place of birth.

You need to understand that racism is the belief in the superiority of one race over another, which often results in discrimination and prejudice towards people based on their race or ethnicity.

If you cannot accept those basic requirements for discussion, then you're wasting your time and everyone else's time. Nobody will take you seriously and that includes the vast majority of Irish people. What you will be left with is a safe space for a tiny minority of grief merchants trying to outdo one another with tales (real and imaginary) of what the bad traveller/minority man did to them.

it's easy to be philosophical wrapped up in mammys basement
    get back to us when your living in the real world

• Advertisement

You know what? I have now engaged more here since the total shut down of anything to do with Travellers meant a thread lock or a thread ban in the recent past.

Fair dues. I never thought I would see the day.

Good on the management and the mods at last we have a voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Sorry now, the Travellers in Tipp were given solar panelled houses and they were rejected for reasons that we all know about now.

That to me seems to be a lot more generous than towards those living in hotels.

But it is all a total scam. People know how to ride the system. That needs to change.

Yes but that predated the new status I assume. So one thing had nothing to do with the other.

I was just curious what it meant. Its seems it means nothing.

Id say if you follow everyone's family back a few hundred years it's likely they were involved with horses. They were working animals back then. I never really understood that logic. But that also has nothing to do with this stuff.

Travellers IMV really need to ditch the victimhood.

They rely on that. So no one can challenge them.

Until you see a huge funeral, and Gravestone, or Communion. (Weddings seem to be hidden somewhat, like Christenings. is that just me?)

i've no probs with travellers only the traveller gangs and the judges who are giving them free reign to terrorise the countryside on cocaine fuelled rampages

i wish the gangs would target a judge and his family, they might change their "suspended sentence bullsh1t" then

• Registered Users Posts: 67,471 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Edward M wrote: »
    Of course they are treated as such.
    Co councils are legally responsible to provide halting sites and shelter for them, they get a disproportionate amount spent on education as compared to other Irish citizens.
    Councils are responsible for the maintenance these sites and the health and safety conditions they are kept in.
    Businesses and public services have to be aware of their status as granted to them and are in constant fear of being called rascist or taken up as such because of their SEMS.
    It's ridiculous the hoops this is putting people through, for a group that could easily be branded an illegal organisation if their heavy criminal percentage was looked at.
    The amount of them that practice anything that could be called in any way cultural or ethnically acceptable in any other branch of society is very small.

Those are entitlements, which many other section have too, in different form.
    And they existed before SEMS. SO further proof that Casey was talking through his proverbial.

i've no probs with travellers only the traveller gangs and the judges who are giving them free reign to terrorise the countryside on cocaine fuelled rampages

i wish the gangs would target a judge and his family, they might change their "suspended bullsh1t" then

Why didn't Peter attack them then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I find the best way to encourage people to do what is right is through their pocket. I offered a suggestion what's yours or do you think just allow each generation repeat the bs of the pervious?

But you're talking about a group of people who are heavily involved in burglary and theft. Why do you think they won't just turn to crime to replace that income?

And you're ignoring the issues traveller children encounter in regular schools. Many of them simply don't know how to properly interact socially with non travellers and have little support at home for things like homework. How hard is school going to be when nobody else in your family reads at a higher level than you?

I'd agree that education is important but it has to be a curriculum designed with traveller issues in mind and combined with an after school program.

beauf wrote: »
    Yes but that predated the new status I assume. So one thing had nothing to do with the other.

I was just curious what it meant. Its seems it means nothing.

Id say if you follow everyone's family back a few hundred years it's likely they were involved with horses. They were working animals back then. I never really understood that logic. But that also has nothing to do with this stuff.

Do you have horses? I don't.

Why does having horses make one better than anyone else WRT to the laws of the land. It doesn't obviously happen, I know that, but there are no sanctions either it seems.

If you or I tried to build an extension that didn't comply with planning laws we'd be fecked.

But, ah well, I am weary of the comparisons now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Thing is dave the rave, its you who isnt being taken seriously on this thread.

Its the vast majority of decent human beings who go through their lives without other other people who are being taken seriously.

Why didn't Peter attack them then?

why don't the gangs attack judges homes, why is it always widows and widowers?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RTE and Tubridy must be reading Boards and trolling us now. Anyone remember that Chinese Green Party candidate that went on a looney rant about her friend voting Casey.

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1059504369513779201

That's the Green Party wiped out completely now.
    They were nearly gone anyway.
    RIP.

• Advertisement

Those are entitlements, which many other section have too, in different form.
    And they existed before SEMS. SO further proof that Casey was talking through his proverbial.

Like what?

But you're talking about a group of people who are heavily involved in burglary and theft. Why do you think they won't just turn to crime to replace that income?

And you're ignoring the issues traveller children encounter in regular schools. Many of them simply don't know how to properly interact socially with non travellers and have little support at home for things like homework. How hard is school going to be when nobody else in your family reads at a higher level than you?

I'd agree that education is important but it has to be a curriculum designed with traveller issues in mind and combined with an after school program.

But we have been having this same conversation since Margaret Cash was born and look wheres its got us. It has resulted in one of the most entitled people to ever get up on two legs screaming about the gubbermint doing nothing.

I accept everything you say, I want it changed.

RTE and Tubridy must be reading Boards and trolling us now. Anyone remember that Chinese Green Party candidate that went on a looney rant about her friend voting Casey.

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1059504369513779201

wow how ungrateful
    she should be given a one way ticket back to her third world ****hole

Edward M wrote: »
    Like what?

Like all the entitlements across the state. They apply to many groups of people and individuals.

We set the republic up this way.
    And some people will abuse those entitlements and welfare. But not all people do.
    And yes travellers have a lot of them.

That's the Green Party wiped out completely now.
    They were nearly gone anyway.
    RIP.
    good riddance

why don't the gangs attack judges homes, why is it always widows and widowers?

Travellers are cowards at heart, thats why the women are beaten up when they step out of line, it makes the men with their pathetic lives feel good about themselves by bashing up women, children and animals.

Travellers wont get near judges houses because they would be fortified and on a direct line to the Garda Station. Travellers from Coolock etc are supplied with local information by rural travellers as to where the vulnerable people live, these elderly people wont put up a fight because they arent armed, all the traveller has to do is get in the door, take as much as they can carry and then get back onto the M50 in the stolen vehicle. They probably tell the elderly person their life isnt worth living if they report the crime and they often bring young children along with them so they can push them through small windows.

I know, I know, this is all the fault of settled people and if we accepted all travellers are entitled to ethnic status then there would be no issue with travellers. YAWN.

good riddance

I will keep the list below going, for the craic, as new enemies of de real people are named and shamed. This is turning into a gargantuan conspiracy,

How many is that on the 'conspiracy against Casey' list now.
    Just today i have read,

Ryan Tubridy,
    the Government
    RTE Management
    Matt Cooper
    TV3
    Indo
    Journal
    Irish Times
    Me
    Sinn Fein
    FG
    FF

The Greens

tretorn wrote: »
    Travellers are cowards at heart, thats why the women are beaten up when they step out of line, it makes the men with their pathetic lives feel good about themselves by bashing up women, children and animals.

Travellers wont get near judges houses because they would be fortified and on a direct line to the Garda Station. Travellers from Coolock etc are supplied with local information by rural travellers as to where the vulnerable people live, these elderly people wont put up a fight because they arent armed, all the traveller has to do is get in the door, take as much as they can carry and then get back onto the M50 in the stolen vehicle. They probably tell the elderly person their life isnt worth living if they report the crime and they often bring young children along with them so they can push them through small windows.

I know, I know, this is all the fault of settled people and if we accepted all travellers are entitled to ethnic status then there would be no issue with travellers. YAWN.

no wonder padraig nally had to seek his own justice
    the judges in this country would have left him to his fate with the travelling gangs

and enda the kunt kenny was a mayoman wouldn't have lifted his fanny to help mr nally, lining his own pockets
    i wish he (kenny)gets battered by a travelling gang

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tretorn wrote: »
    But we have been having this same conversation since Margaret Cash was born and look wheres its got us. It has resulted in one of the most entitled people to ever get up on two legs screaming about the gubbermint doing nothing.

How do you explain Charles Haughey? Top man politically, led the nation. Entitled? He'd leave a thousand wans looking for a house in the shade.
    'Entitled' is just another gimmicky term. People only get what the state deems they are entitled to, no more, no less. At the end of the week you feel entitled that you should get paid. You m ight feel entitled to be on the housing list if the corpo said you were eligible and put you on it.
    If you are working full time and your partner is too, you should feel entitled to be able to afford to pay rent. Needing state aid to do so, if eligible, is indeed something you are entitled to.
    If people are expecting to get something they are not entitled to, they won't. If they are not eligible and receiving something, that's fraud.
    Entitlement culture? Casey thinking he should be President is your poster boy right there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement