Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    Smash Attack, can be charged too the longer you pull back the stick.

So you just click the right stick to do different attacks?

I got Kirby to do an attack yesterday that had a huge sword with a rainbow. Is that a smash attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote:
    So you just click the right stick to do different attacks?
    I got Kirby to do an attack yesterday that had a huge sword with a rainbow. Is that a smash attack?

Don't know ANYTHING about movesets with any character off the top of my head. Especially Kirby.
    You essentially move the right stick towards where you want to hit & let it go to attack. If you hold the stick in that direction it will charge to be a more powerful attack.
    Feel like what I found was Smash 101 for beginners but as I mentioned a few days ago. Still don't know how to use most of the items so switched it off so I can learn the essentials first. This game desperately needed a proper tutorial mode. I have been told by a friend there is some tips in one of the menu's.
    A lot stuff in the game seems almost hidden within so many menu's :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

If you go into the Vault section on the menu and select Videos or Movies, cant remember which its called. There's a brief tutorial in there.
    Also when the game loads up and gets to the title screen dont press anything and it will play the tutorial video after a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

fixxxer wrote: »
    What sorcery is this? This is a different attack to holding a direction and (A)?
    Wait till he learns what a tilt is:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,082 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Possible hint? Steve is one of my predictions for the DLC characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

For those who pre-ordered Smash, Piranha Plant has just been released in the new 2.0.0 update amongst other additions including multiplayer spirit board and patch notes.....yes, Nintendo does patch notes.

Fighter patch notes.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43317/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTQ4ODEwNDc2L2dlbi8xNTQ4ODEwNDc2L3NpZC9mVVVTN0lpVk1haHNZWmxYY0wlN0U1eTF6T1BkRkNPR2VybV93QnUxb0dGcEYlN0VZV2ljbXo0ZVNiMTZUSiU3RWh4eHZNandWbm9GV09rd19GaF94QVM2eExieXVQMnElN0VUSnpaTko2cG1wY0pqblNWMWZ5OUQlN0U3QkJjMFF3JTIxJTIx

sligeach wrote: »

Possible hint? Steve is one of my predictions for the DLC characters.
    That would be great actually. Good prediction!

Corholio wrote: »
    For those who pre-ordered Smash, Piranha Plant has just been released in the new 2.0.0 update amongst other additions including multiplayer spirit board and patch notes.....yes, Nintendo does patch notes.

Fighter patch notes.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43317/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTQ4ODEwNDc2L2dlbi8xNTQ4ODEwNDc2L3NpZC9mVVVTN0lpVk1haHNZWmxYY0wlN0U1eTF6T1BkRkNPR2VybV93QnUxb0dGcEYlN0VZV2ljbXo0ZVNiMTZUSiU3RWh4eHZNandWbm9GV09rd19GaF94QVM2eExieXVQMnElN0VUSnpaTko2cG1wY0pqblNWMWZ5OUQlN0U3QkJjMFF3JTIxJTIx
    I was wondering when I'd see pirhana plant I'm my roster then realised I had a code. It was emailed to me on the 7th of January and I bought digital preorder before release day.
    Thats just for anyone who's forgotten about the email they received.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate has now sold over 5 million copies in the U.S alone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I still don't understand the attraction of this game!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I didn't either but once you get into it it's my favourite online game of all time. Watch YouTube tutorials and get good with a character, it's worth it. It looks like a big mess to the untrained eye but the skill level is amazing and the attention to details.

sligeach wrote:
    Nintendo interrupts Smash Online Invitational Qualifiers commentary to defend its netcode

Must be quite the contraption Nintendo have to manage to remove the sadly unsurprising lag from VOD's

Not sure if anyone else posted this here yet.
    Edit:Official Nintendo Smash Bros tournament announced for Dublin.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/european-smash-ball-team-cup-tickets-55515930643

What happens on 1st April? People tell jokes. Who's the upcoming DLC character in SSBU? Joker. Update 3.0 is due out before the end of April, as is Joker. Tomorrow would be a good day to show him off. And for once, one of the fake stories could be real.

Also, Best Buy may have shown off a possible render.
    GA_0331_2x1_331SmashFightersPass_D.png

https://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=video+games3

That to me looks like it could be his amiibo.

Did Best Buy Just Leak Joker's Render?! Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Challenger Pack 1 DLC

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NlhE3WOsesM

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Have to say I’m the same. All I seem to gather it’s food fun playing with friends locally but havnt done that in I don’t know...15 years ?

https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1118323608496037888?s=19

3.0 update out tomorrow along with the Joker DLC

Has online been fixed yet? Everytime I play a game online I get serious lag. Seems a fairly common problem. Would play this a lot more if that was fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

So what do we want for DLC 4 & 5 characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

One of my predictions is Geralt of Riveia, possibly to coincide with the release of the Witcher 3 on switch, but thats out this year i think so may be hard to squeeze him in before the years out with Dragon quest dudes and banjo and kazooie on the way :(

AMGer wrote: »

Masterchief. And personally id love a Tekken character to make their way over.
    Tails could be a cool inclusion either.

AMGer wrote: »

He wont be but I kinda want Waluigi in there considering he's a big omission from the Nintendo characters as Rosalina, Daisy & Wii Fit trainer ain't exactly memorable.
    Expect one of either Crash or Spyro but not both. Geralt is a good shout tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doomguy might have a chance. Geralt would be cool but as he's already appeared in Soul Calibur I wonder would his inclusion have less effect. With Halo coming out next year and the Microsoft-Nintendo relationship rumoured to have further things planned, Master Chief might not sound all that unthinkable these days. Heihachi from Tekken is one that would be cool.

Corholio wrote: »
    Doomguy might have a chance. Geralt would be cool but as he's already appeared in Soul Calibur I wonder would his inclusion have less effect. With Halo coming out next year and the Microsoft-Nintendo relationship rumoured to have further things planned, Master Chief might not sound all that unthinkable these days. Heihachi from Tekken is one that would be cool.

Or Yoshimitsu. Think he made the leap tp Soul Calibur years ago too .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Have an Amazon voucher burning a hole in my pocket and wondering are people here still getting decent mileage out of Smash? I picked up Splatoon 2 earlier this year and played the crap out of it for a few weeks and haven't played much since then so worried I may do the same with this.

Not sure how much multiplayer I'd be playing, is there much content in the solo campaign and is it actually fun unlocking the characters etc.? I've been debating picking it up for a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just go for it. I put about 30 hours into the solo part of it, but I've not played it in a while (mainly because of other things to play, but a little bit of burnout too) - I will go back to it eventually, and it's one of the few fighting games I feel that I'm not total sh*t at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

chrislad wrote: »
    Just go for it. I put about 30 hours into the solo part of it, but I've not played it in a while (mainly because of other things to play, but a little bit of burnout too) - I will go back to it eventually, and it's one of the few fighting games I feel that I'm not total sh*t at :)

This is exactly the push over the cliff I needed, ordered there :)

Looks like a tonne of content and I'm more interested in the nostalgia in the huge roster of characters than anything else. I had Smash on the Game Cube and didn't click with it but I think that's cos I had no idea what Smash was about and didn't give myself a chance to click with the fighting mechanics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

skerry wrote: »
    This is exactly the push over the cliff I needed, ordered there :)

Looks like a tonne of content and I'm more interested in the nostalgia in the huge roster of characters than anything else. I had Smash on the Game Cube and didn't click with it but I think that's cos I had no idea what Smash was about and didn't give myself a chance to click with the fighting mechanics.

You'll have fun unlocking all the characters and most of the Path of Light mode, though the latter has a LOT of content (which is the cause of the aforementioned burnout) - I think I'm going to get back into it, pick one character and go through the hard modes and learn that character inside out!

Advertisement